SC333

Expedited Naturalization Form 319b

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I am a Permanent Green Card Holder, through marriage to my USC husband. We were living in LA till February 2007, when my husband's company posted him to India for a minimum duration of 3 years (I received my Green Card in June 2005). My husband and I left for India in February 2007, and I have a re-entry permit valid until February 2010.

I just found out about this form 319b, that allows for expedited naturalization. It makes sense to me to apply for it, instead of losing the time I spend in the States, especially since my husband's company could potentially post him somewhere outside of the States after his stint in India again.

1. My husband's company is a wholly owned US company, and is a publishing house that deals with US trade and logistics. My husband is now the Asia Editor and travels around Asia reporting on trade, shipping and logistics for his US magazine. Do you think this will allow us to file under Form 319b? His company will send a letter with all the company details and his contract details as required.

2. Can I apply even though it's been a year and a half since we left the States under my husband's contract?

Any help will be much appreciated! There really isn't much information out there on this particular method of application, and everytime i call USCIS they don't give me any useful information :(

Thanks so much.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
Hello,

I am a Permanent Green Card Holder, through marriage to my USC husband. We were living in LA till February 2007, when my husband's company posted him to India for a minimum duration of 3 years (I received my Green Card in June 2005). My husband and I left for India in February 2007, and I have a re-entry permit valid until February 2010.

I just found out about this form 319b, that allows for expedited naturalization. It makes sense to me to apply for it, instead of losing the time I spend in the States, especially since my husband's company could potentially post him somewhere outside of the States after his stint in India again.

1. My husband's company is a wholly owned US company, and is a publishing house that deals with US trade and logistics. My husband is now the Asia Editor and travels around Asia reporting on trade, shipping and logistics for his US magazine. Do you think this will allow us to file under Form 319b? His company will send a letter with all the company details and his contract details as required.

2. Can I apply even though it's been a year and a half since we left the States under my husband's contract?

Any help will be much appreciated! There really isn't much information out there on this particular method of application, and everytime i call USCIS they don't give me any useful information :(

Thanks so much.

Yes you can apply under 319b, provided that your husband is “regularly stationed abroad”.

The term “regularly stationed abroad” means that the overseas employment contract for your spouse clearly shows that your spouse’s employment will continue abroad for at least one year after the date that you will be naturalized.

Please search forum 319b topic in VJ, and you will see a lot of information and previous experiences from our members..

I have attached the document you need to read.. Please read it carefully.

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hello,

Thanks so much.

Yes you can apply under 319b, provided that your husband is “regularly stationed abroad”.

The term “regularly stationed abroad” means that the overseas employment contract for your spouse clearly shows that your spouse’s employment will continue abroad for at least one year after the date that you will be naturalized.

Please search forum 319b topic in VJ, and you will see a lot of information and previous experiences from our members..

Thank you for your advice. Do you have a sample of the letter needed from the company to send to USCIS? It would be helpful to go through it so that I have an idea of what all is required from the company :)

Timeline
Hello,

Thanks so much.

Thank you for your advice. Do you have a sample of the letter needed from the company to send to USCIS? It would be helpful to go through it so that I have an idea of what all is required from the company :)

Read this forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...606&hl=319b

The letter should say :

for (an American institution of research recognized as such by the Attorney General, an American-owned firm or corporation engaged in the development of foreign trade and commerce for the United States, a public international organization of which the United States is a member by law or treaty, or a religious denomination or an interdenominational organization with a valid presence in the United States).

• A letter on official letterhead which states:

o The title of the official attesting to the facts in the letter;

o The name of the institution, firm or corporation and whether the official has access to the company’s records;

o The nature of the business that the employer conducts;

o The name of the State under the laws of which the employer was organized and the date of incorporation, etc.;

o The ownership structure of the enterprise; and

o The facts of your spouse’s employment, the basis of your spouse’s hire (contract, permanent employee, etc.), and the length of your spouse’s overseas employment.

I dont have sample company letter because our case is different.. But the letter should say what I had put above.

Edited by Completely

Timeline
Hello,

Thanks so much.

Read this forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...606&hl=319b

The letter should say :

for (an American institution of research recognized as such by the Attorney General, an American-owned firm or corporation engaged in the development of foreign trade and commerce for the United States, a public international organization of which the United States is a member by law or treaty, or a religious denomination or an interdenominational organization with a valid presence in the United States).

• A letter on official letterhead which states:

o The title of the official attesting to the facts in the letter;

o The name of the institution, firm or corporation and whether the official has access to the company’s records;

o The nature of the business that the employer conducts;

o The name of the State under the laws of which the employer was organized and the date of incorporation, etc.;

o The ownership structure of the enterprise; and

o The facts of your spouse’s employment, the basis of your spouse’s hire (contract, permanent employee, etc.), and the length of your spouse’s overseas employment.

I dont have sample company letter because our case is different.. But the letter should say what I had put above.

Here is another link that might be helpful to you .

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...177&hl=319b

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.