mehere!

Marriage Index or CENOMAR

36 posts in this topic

Goodluck on your interview..I dont have a copy of CENOMAR coz I pay already on the DELBROS..please pray for us that everything will be fine..

this has got nothing to do with DELBROS. you secure CENOMAR straight from NSO.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
DOCUMENT VERIFICATION is crucial. You should pay it 6 weeks before your interview, coz DV takes 4-6 weeks to process. There are other DVs that took more than 6 weeks.

*sigh* I paid DV 2 weeks before my interview..... and look at me now. Still waiting for my visa.

I have to wait for my case to be completed at the NVC and forwarded to the USEM before I can pay for the DV, right?

Which of these documents are to be verified?

1.NSO marriage certificate?

2.NSO birth certificate?

3.NBI record clearance?

4.City issued police certificate?

Yeah, thats right. They'll verify your BC and cenomar or marraige certificate.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

personally, i brought EVERYTHING i could possibly think of that they'll need..ITR, W2s, my husband's employment records, my medical records, bank staements, etc (everything! name it, i have it! lol) but they never asked for it! lol :angry: instead, the document i least expected they'd want from me (MARRIAGE INDEX) was the ONLY thing they want...

What is a marriage index and how did you obtain it? Stupid question: Is it either a marriage ceritficate or CENOMAR? The e-census site doesn't list. It seems noone in other posts can define or explain what it is. Thanks.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is what I'm thinking, the reason why marriage index is not present on NSO website because it is not a usual document needed by any filipino citizen unlike cenomar wherein any filipino who wish to get married is required to get a cenomar...

Like the case of DFA, when I change my passport to my married name, I researched from their website first to know what are the requirements... upon reading that ONLY marriage certificate, I immediately went to DFA to apply/change my passport... when they learned that I am married to a foreigner they asked me to go to CFO first attend seminar and get certificate then go back to them... This info doesn't exist on their website... I let it pass, thinking that my case is not the same as others who are applying passport everyday..

Hey guys! i have read from one of the latest post of our sis here that during her interview she was asked for her MARRIAGE INDEX or CENOMAR! Are there any members here under the CR1/IR1 who has been asked for their marriage index? i only have 1 week left before leaving for manila for our medical & interview & i want to be sure that i have everything that the CO will be asking... :unsure:

anyway what is marriage index?

Same question here.

marriage index is basically the CENOMAR. if you're single, it will indicate that you have never contracted any marriage but if you've already tied the knot, it will show the exact date, place and the person you got married to..

so basically, just request for CENOMAR on the NSO website..aka marriage index for married people.

i don't know how they exactly call it for married people but the CO who asked for it from just said:

"DO YOU HAVE YOUR MARRIAGE INDEX WITH YOU?"

and i was like...

"MA'AM, IS IT THE SAME THING AS THE CENOMAR BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS MY NAME AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME IS ON IT STATING THAT I WAS ONLY MARRIED ONCE AND THAT'S TO HIM?" :unsure:

and she said YES..lol.. ^_^ i felt silly for not knowing what a marriage index was exactly, i had an idea but i just felt it safer to ask..

marriage index is basically the CENOMAR. if you're single, it will indicate that you have never contracted any marriage but if you've already tied the knot, it will show the exact date, place and the person you got married to..

so basically, just request for CENOMAR on the NSO website..aka marriage index for married people.

i don't know how they exactly call it for married people but the CO who asked for it from just said:

and i was like...

"MA'AM, IS IT THE SAME THING AS THE CENOMAR BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS MY NAME AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME IS ON IT STATING THAT I WAS ONLY MARRIED ONCE AND THAT'S TO HIM?" :unsure:

and she said YES..lol.. ^_^ i felt silly for not knowing what a marriage index was exactly, i had an idea but i just felt it safer to ask..

Maraming maraming salamat! :)

and i was like...

Maraming maraming salamat! :)

no problem.. :thumbs:

and i was like...

So, if I apply on the website, which name do i use? Maiden? Married?

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

When we applied marriage index was called CENMAR = Cert of Marriage!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

When you apply whether married or single--- it is the CENOMAR form that they will give you at NSO.

For single applicants: they will release the CRS Form No. 4 - CENOMAR (CErtificate of NO MARriage). Which will state that ___ (name) who is alleged to have been born on ___ (DOB) in ____(POB) to ____ (Parent's names), does not appear in our National Indices of Marriages.... ---> meaning this applicant have not been married yet.

For married applicants: NSO will release the CRS Form No. 5 - ADVISORY ON MARRIAGES . Which will state that ____ (Name) alleged to have been born on ____ (DOB) in ____ (POB) to ____ (Parent's name) yielded ____ (number of marriages) most likely match (es) in our National Indices of Marriages. Then a table-like statement will follow with the Date of Marriage, Place of Marriage and name of the bride /groom. If the applicant had been married more than once, all those marriages will be listed here.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

When you apply whether married or single--- it is the CENOMAR form that they will give you at NSO.

For single applicants: they will release the CRS Form No. 4 - CENOMAR (CErtificate of NO MARriage). Which will state that ___ (name) who is alleged to have been born on ___ (DOB) in ____(POB) to ____ (Parent's names), does not appear in our National Indices of Marriages.... ---> meaning this applicant have not been married yet.

For married applicants: NSO will release the CRS Form No. 5 - ADVISORY ON MARRIAGES . Which will state that ____ (Name) alleged to have been born on ____ (DOB) in ____ (POB) to ____ (Parent's name) yielded ____ (number of marriages) most likely match (es) in our National Indices of Marriages. Then a table-like statement will follow with the Date of Marriage, Place of Marriage and name of the bride /groom. If the applicant had been married more than once, all those marriages will be listed here.

^TRUE

Hi!

Best solution for that is, go to NSO office or u can have it online and get a copy of CENOMAR...and nothing will be lost !!!!atleast come prepare for our interview....actually i haven't had yet so I have to run to NSO tomorrow early in the morning and get a copy since my interview will be on OCT 22,2008....I could use my charm or connection if i could just get it by tomorrow..... :innocent: raf raf raf....lol

04-12-08.........Married

06-11-08.........I-130 Mailed

06-13-08.........I-130 Received

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

06-21-08.........Received NOA letter

06-23-08.........Check cashed (Hon's birthday)!

08-08-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........I-130 Approved

08-08-08.........Case completed

08-09-08.........Email Received

08-15-08.........NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08-28-08.........Received AOS Notice

09-04-08.........I-864 Received by NVC

09-04-08.........DS3032 email resent

09-11-08.........Paid IV bill online

09-12-08.........Sent DS230

09-15-08.........Sent a email to NVC requesting for early interview due to pregnancy

09-23-08.........RFE

09-26-08.........Found out that a expedite was granted due to pregnancy (NVC RULES)!

10-01-08.........Case Received at Embassy

10-03-08.........Faxed Expedite request to Embassy

10-05-08.........Expedite granted! USEM Rules!

10-07-08.........Delbros Paid (no longer required)

10-15-08.........Medical

10-16-08.........Medical Passed

10-22-08.........Interview PASSED!!(Pink Slip)

10-24-08.........Visa in hand

11-01-08.........POE (Hawaii),flight #######!

11-13-08.........SSN arrived

11-26-08.........welcome note

12-16-08.........GREEN CARD RECIEVED

02-12-09......... gave birth to a beautiful Baby Girl

04-21-09......... Veterinary LabTechician (job) (Cleveland Veterinary Hospital)

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

So I can get this CENMAR via applying on the NSO website? And I input my data just as I did when I applied for my pre-marriage CENOMAR?

Pardon my ignorance..... :unsure:

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.