mehere!

Marriage Index or CENOMAR

36 posts in this topic

Hey guys! i have read from one of the latest post of our sis here that during her interview she was asked for her MARRIAGE INDEX or CENOMAR! Are there any members here under the CR1/IR1 who has been asked for their marriage index? i only have 1 week left before leaving for manila for our medical & interview & i want to be sure that i have everything that the CO will be asking... :unsure:

Edited by mehere!

IR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philipines

Marriage :

I-130 Sent :

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 Approved : 2008-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-11-19

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-12-01

Pay I-864 Bill 2007-12-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-01-17

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-01-23

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-14

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-26

Pay IV Bill : 2008-05-20

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-06-14

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-07-03

NVC Left :

Consulate Received : 2008-23-09

Paid DV: 2008-08-21

Medical: 2008-15-17-09 PASSED

Interview Date : 2008-10-23 PASSED

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2008-10-29

POE : Detroit, Michigan

Received SSN: 2008-12-15

Received Green Card: 2008-12-15

mehere!

always...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey guys! i have read from one of the latest post of our sis here that during her interview she was asked for her MARRIAGE INDEX or CENOMAR! Are there any members here under the CR1/IR1 who has been asked for their marriage index? i only have 1 week left before leaving for manila for our medical & interview & i want to be sure that i have everything that the CO will be asking... :unsure:

anyway what is marriage index?

resizedear2.jpg

walking.jpg

marriage index or CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage)...

IR-1 Visa

Event Date

Marriage :

I-130 Sent :

I-130 NOA1 :

NVC Left :

Visa Received :

mehere!

always...

hi.. My CO never asked for my Certificate of Marriage!

the marriage index may be a case to case basis. YES i was asked for it during my interview but others have not. when i asked the CO why i was asked for that document and why it was not written in the interview instruction as part of the requirements, she told me that they used to require that before but it momentarily stopped, but they are somehow bringing it back coz they found out there were women who got married twice without them knowing beforehand since they put more emphasis on knowing if petitioner has been married multiple times (not paying close attention to the benificiaries)

i guess it's just a way for them to check if the benificiary has only been married once and to whom she/he was married to. securing the marriage index at this point is your choice. you may be asked for it, you may be not. but who cares if they do or don't, as long as you have it with you then there's nothing to worry. do as you please at your on risk, but i'd advise you to secure one if you can, don't pressure yourself.

personally, i brought EVERYTHING i could possibly think of that they'll need..ITR, W2s, my husband's employment records, my medical records, bank staements, etc (everything! name it, i have it! lol) but they never asked for it! lol :angry: instead, the document i least expected they'd want from me (MARRIAGE INDEX) was the ONLY thing they want...

Edited by MJ3lasvegas

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is better to have documents and not need them to need documents and not have them. My wife did not need a Marriage Index or even a Cenomar but we had them anyhow.

I would be more concerned with the DV because they will almost always verify a marriage certificate. We paid the DV fee over 1 month before the interview date but still are being delayed because of this DV proces. My wife's interview was September 11 and still as October 5 she has not received her visa yet. Also pink slip does not mean you will get the visa right away because she also got a pink slip along with a white paper but absolutely nothing was marked on the white paper.

The consular told her everything was fine when she finished her interview so we are assuming that the delay is the DV which we confirmed at NSO that her document is in process with them.

Shawn & Lennifel

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I forgot to mention. A good word of advice is to not make travel arrangements until you have your visa in hand because if you do it may cost you more in the long run if you run into any delays especially with the DV.

It is better to have documents and not need them to need documents and not have them. My wife did not need a Marriage Index or even a Cenomar but we had them anyhow.

I would be more concerned with the DV because they will almost always verify a marriage certificate. We paid the DV fee over 1 month before the interview date but still are being delayed because of this DV proces. My wife's interview was September 11 and still as October 5 she has not received her visa yet. Also pink slip does not mean you will get the visa right away because she also got a pink slip along with a white paper but absolutely nothing was marked on the white paper.

The consular told her everything was fine when she finished her interview so we are assuming that the delay is the DV which we confirmed at NSO that her document is in process with them.

Shawn & Lennifel

Could you please define your code language of the term “DV” as it is not provided in the VisaJourney.com list of definitions of terms, form numbers, abbreviations. Thanks

12/27/13 mailed application

Shawn & Lennifel

Could you please define your code language of the term “DV” as it is not provided in the VisaJourney.com list of definitions of terms, form numbers, abbreviations. Thanks

DOCUMENT VERIFICATION

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Yes sis, that's what i did just this morning, i went to NSO but i can have my CENOMAR a week after pa daw.so bale nxt monday pa, buti na lang flight namin pa manila is OCT.15 pa...i don't want to miss a thing na hihingin nang CO which might cause the delay...Thanks sis! :whistle:

the marriage index may be a case to case basis. YES i was asked for it during my interview but others have not. when i asked the CO why i was asked for that document and why it was not written in the interview instruction as part of the requirements, she told me that they used to require that before but it momentarily stopped, but they are somehow bringing it back coz they found out there were women who got married twice without them knowing beforehand since they put more emphasis on knowing if petitioner has been married multiple times (not paying close attention to the benificiaries)

i guess it's just a way for them to check if the benificiary has only been married once and to whom she/he was married to. securing the marriage index at this point is your choice. you may be asked for it, you may be not. but who cares if they do or don't, as long as you have it with you then there's nothing to worry. do as you please at your on risk, but i'd advise you to secure one if you can, don't pressure yourself.

personally, i brought EVERYTHING i could possibly think of that they'll need..ITR, W2s, my husband's employment records, my medical records, bank staements, etc (everything! name it, i have it! lol) but they never asked for it! lol :angry: instead, the document i least expected they'd want from me (MARRIAGE INDEX) was the ONLY thing they want...

IR-1 Visa

Event Date

Marriage :

I-130 Sent :

I-130 NOA1 :

NVC Left :

Visa Received :

mehere!

always...

Yes sis, that's what i did just this morning, i went to NSO but i can have my CENOMAR a week after pa daw.so bale nxt monday pa, buti na lang flight namin pa manila is OCT.15 pa...i don't want to miss a thing na hihingin nang CO which might cause the delay...Thanks sis! :whistle:

IR-1 Visa

Event Date

Marriage :

I-130 Sent :

I-130 NOA1 :

NVC Left :

Visa Received :

mehere!

always...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DOCUMENT VERIFICATION is crucial. You should pay it 6 weeks before your interview, coz DV takes 4-6 weeks to process. There are other DVs that took more than 6 weeks.

*sigh* I paid DV 2 weeks before my interview..... and look at me now. Still waiting for my visa.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

DOCUMENT VERIFICATION is crucial. You should pay it 6 weeks before your interview, coz DV takes 4-6 weeks to process. There are other DVs that took more than 6 weeks.

*sigh* I paid DV 2 weeks before my interview..... and look at me now. Still waiting for my visa.

I have to wait for my case to be completed at the NVC and forwarded to the USEM before I can pay for the DV, right?

Which of these documents are to be verified?

1.NSO marriage certificate?

2.NSO birth certificate?

3.NBI record clearance?

4.City issued police certificate?

12/27/13 mailed application

All the documents from the NSO printed on a SECPA will be verify... :)

I have to wait for my case to be completed at the NVC and forwarded to the USEM before I can pay for the DV, right?

Which of these documents are to be verified?

1.NSO marriage certificate?

2.NSO birth certificate?

3.NBI record clearance?

4.City issued police certificate?

IR-1 Visa

Event Date

Marriage :

I-130 Sent :

I-130 NOA1 :

NVC Left :

Visa Received :

mehere!

always...

Goodluck on your interview..I dont have a copy of CENOMAR coz I pay already on the DELBROS..please pray for us that everything will be fine..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.