ShallowShrek

oath question please answer

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi everyone. i have mentioned before in other posts that at my interview the officer told me she approved me & would recommend me to the supervisor. but when i called yesterday they said on the phone that decision is not made yet. how long do they carry that on for? my reason for calling them is simple..someone who had the same interview with me has gotten oath date already. i know their case was simple as heck but what about the decision how long do they take..please dont scare me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They usually just send you the letter for your oath ceremony and that's how you find out. If you already know the date of the next oath ceremony taking place in your city and you're close to that date then maybe you can call them again.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
hi everyone. i have mentioned before in other posts that at my interview the officer told me she approved me & would recommend me to the supervisor. but when i called yesterday they said on the phone that decision is not made yet. how long do they carry that on for? my reason for calling them is simple..someone who had the same interview with me has gotten oath date already. i know their case was simple as heck but what about the decision how long do they take..please dont scare me.

When was your interview, the date, same thing happened to my wife, it was her interviewer that stacked her papers away and learned she was suppose to get her oath appointment that day. I got teed off and called my senators office, wife got her oath letter e-mailed to me just a couple of hours later. I did call our field office, that was worthless, as you are suppose to contact the interviewer that handled your case.

If nothing happens in 120 days, you can take them to court, but that is a lot of extra trouble.

When was your interview, the date, same thing happened to my wife, it was her interviewer that stacked her papers away and learned she was suppose to get her oath appointment that day. I got teed off and called my senators office, wife got her oath letter e-mailed to me just a couple of hours later. I did call our field office, that was worthless, as you are suppose to contact the interviewer that handled your case.

If nothing happens in 120 days, you can take them to court, but that is a lot of extra trouble.

its been9 days to be exact. but the officer told me i will recieve something in a week its more then a week.

Timeline

its been9 days to be exact. but the officer told me i will recieve something in a week its more then a week.

81 different field offices, 81 different procedures, and for any given field offices, even more different procedures depending on your IO. To the best of my knowledge, that final approval is done at the field office by the manager. But can only question if that person is checking the validity of your application, or the validity of your interviewing officer.

Your only contact given is your interviewing office, with no means given to contact that officer, might as well sent a letter to the moon for expecting a response. Wife was also told in less than two weeks, that was a promise, verbal, but nevertheless a promise, when five weeks went by with nothing, got my senator's office on her, that got quick action. That promise was broken.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was also told by the interviewer that she will recommend me to the supervisor (during interview). I was supposed to be receiving the oath letter in a 2-4 week timeframe after the interview date. In some cases it may take upto six weeks to get the oath scheduled. This is the fifth week and going into sixth week but no oath letter yet.

I think they suddenly slowed down this process for no real reason (or may be a real political reason). There are rumors that the new citizens tend to vote for democrats more, and to keep them from becoming new voters, the oath processes is kind of held back. I am not sure how much validity to this but it sounds very unethical if true. Waiting to the nth degree of your patience is something we all learned during the visa process so this will be the end of getting victimized by this bureaucracy.

N-400:

04-21 - Sent to TSC

04-24 - Payment cashed

04-28 - NOA and biometric letters sent

05-02 - NOA and Biometric letters rcvd

05-13 - biometric appointment

08-18 - Interview scheduled (Memphis)

11-21 - Oath Scheduled - Done with USCIS!

11-21 - applied for passport - awaiting....

I was also told by the interviewer that she will recommend me to the supervisor (during interview). I was supposed to be receiving the oath letter in a 2-4 week timeframe after the interview date. In some cases it may take upto six weeks to get the oath scheduled. This is the fifth week and going into sixth week but no oath letter yet.

I think they suddenly slowed down this process for no real reason (or may be a real political reason). There are rumors that the new citizens tend to vote for democrats more, and to keep them from becoming new voters, the oath processes is kind of held back. I am not sure how much validity to this but it sounds very unethical if true. Waiting to the nth degree of your patience is something we all learned during the visa process so this will be the end of getting victimized by this bureaucracy.

sam75 thanks for sharing your experience and info..this waiting process is not cool.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.