Let it Be

CAIRO EMBASSY WAIT LIST

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Alot DV applicants have their interview these days. CR1/IR1 scheduled through NVC which could take long time. K3 and k1 scheduled through the embbassy, it seems to me you may know your interview date as soon as you send P3 and receive P4.

yes so what is a DV?? seriously its like most of the list!!!!

lyrics.jpg

Timeline
Thanks everyone! I have days when I don't know how I will survive one more hour without my husband. To hear there may be a waiting list to wait for an interview is enough to make me cry :crying:

I hope we just get our packet 4 and it has a date on it, of I may loose my mind :bonk:

Join the crowd. It can be a long, hard and not very friendly road, but the outcome is worth it. Good luck!

HLM - DV is Diversity Visa. I got pretty tired of them getting through (although i don't know how long they have to wait too) when my husband was waiting. But, everyone gets their turn.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Alot DV applicants have their interview these days. CR1/IR1 scheduled through NVC which could take long time. K3 and k1 scheduled through the embbassy, it seems to me you may know your interview date as soon as you send P3 and receive P4.

:thumbs:

USA embassy in Cairo is over busy with the DV. cause Sep is the DV interview month

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
:unsure: I'm so confused I could scream! I will be in Egypt in May God willing and was told the I-130 is the best form to fill out. But I see all these other's and wonder what the heck they are. I have a headache just thinking about it. I'm so frustrated and I'm not even there yet. Good luck to all of you and your in my prayers.

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wanted to share with you what happened to us. My paperwork left NVC in November and the embassy kept stating that they didn't have it. It wasn't until towards the end of February that he was given an interview date. My senator had to get on them and they used the excuse that they couldn't verify his address. Funny thing is that the visa made it there ok later on. I think you need to stay on top of things with Cairo and try and work with your representatives because that was almost three months that our file laid there. They kept saying you can't inquire until it is 6 months when I would call NVC. Stay on top of things with Cairo!!!!!!!

Timeline
ok.. not scheduled for jan... anybody has been scheduled yet?

case completed on nov 26.. waiting for interview.

Our case was finished on Aug 26 and it took them 3 months to schedule, the interview is for Jan.4, so if the trend keeps up at the same pace I'm sorry to say you may have to wait a few more months.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
ok.. not scheduled for jan... anybody has been scheduled yet?

case completed on nov 26.. waiting for interview.

Our case was finished on Aug 26 and it took them 3 months to schedule, the interview is for Jan.4, so if the trend keeps up at the same pace I'm sorry to say you may have to wait a few more months.

I don't what is meant by "completed/finished" but it was only 2 weeks between when my husband sent his papers (May 26) and he had his interview, (June 10), actually getting the Visa took longer.

Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cairo Embassy is a flat out mess.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Cairo Embassy is a flat out mess.

Nagi (F) Are you staying warm? :D

There is a new woman in Cairo as of this year. Perhaps this will help...

As for the CR1...it typically does take longer. No AOS wait/money in the US, etc. I know its more money the K1 way but I picked our route from the advice of our employment attorney/general counsel at work.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

No, Im still cold.

Sorry about the post. Im still bitter.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.