sweetybabe

Is it necessary for my fiance to meet my family?

14 posts in this topic

Hello VJ, I hope you can have some advice about my worries right now..

Me and my fiance just meet in Manila and when he visit here, he didnt able to meet my family, only my father who go with me in manila airport to meet him. but we didnt have pics that show my father and my fiance meet.. My fiance have some worries to come here in cagayan de oro since it is a part of Mindanao, since he don't traveled that much even in the US and the US goverment have traveled advisories that they should not visit here in Philippine especially in Mindanao. I've tried to convince him that here is a safe place and a lot of foreigners visit here already but he still not convince. he still decided for us to meet in Manila and while were there , we really don't go out for his safety, we even don't have a lot of pictures, friends do you think I'll be deny cause my fiance didnt meet my family? but about proof of relationship, I have everything, but it's just we don't have much pictures together. He is coming this November but were still gonna stay in Manila just the two of us. I can't convince him to visit here in Cagayan. Please give me some advice... Thanks to all of you. Godbless and Goodluck to our journey.

April 25, 2008 Meet online

June 2[/i]8, 2008 He came to meet me.

June 29 Engagement

July 6 Sad day!! craig flight going back

July 15 K1 visa starts..send the petition CSC

July 24 check cash

July 25 Got our NOA1 hard copy.. yay!!

July 28 touch

Nov 9-14 Second visit..

Nov. 26 Approve online

Dec 2 case forward to USEM

Dec 3 got the NVC letter

Dec 18,22 Medical Exam.. PASSED!

Jan.13 Interview... PASSED!

Jan 15 Visa on hand!! soooooooo happy

Feb 5 Flight.....philippine time

Feb 5 Thanks God....wer happy together forever..

Feb 21....2009 Wedding

April, 2 2009 Applied AOS

April 28, Biometrics

April 29 Case transfered to CSC[/i][/b][/size]

May 28, 2009 EAD received

Aug. 11, 2009 Greencard received

Me and my fiance just meet in Manila and when he visit here, he didnt able to meet my family, only my father who go with me in manila airport to meet him. but we didnt have pics that show my father and my fiance meet.. My fiance have some worries to come here in cagayan de oro since it is a part of Mindanao, since he don't traveled that much even in the US and the US goverment have traveled advisories that they should not visit here in Philippine especially in Mindanao. I've tried to convince him that here is a safe place and a lot of foreigners visit here already but he still not convince. he still decided for us to meet in Manila and while were there , we really don't go out for his safety, we even don't have a lot of pictures, friends do you think I'll be deny cause my fiance didnt meet my family? but about proof of relationship, I have everything, but it's just we don't have much pictures together. He is coming this November but were still gonna stay in Manila just the two of us. I can't convince him to visit here in Cagayan. Please give me some advice... Thanks to all of you. Godbless and Goodluck to our journey.

It would be a GOOD idea for you to get pictures of him, you and some family members. My fiancee was denied the first time and they said it was due to lack of pictures. Especially no pictures with family. We only had a few pictures and I only made one short trip.

Him making more than one trip should help.

Still! More ammo the better!

How about meeting in Cebu and have some of your family come up? Mindanao is on the NO GO list for puti.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I don't think you should worry all that much. My understanding of the I-129F petition is that you and him have met in the past two year and it doesn't say anywhere that he needs to meet your family or you his. Obviously it would be good for both of you if you meet each other families before you get married. You get a better sense of who the other person is and the way they interact with their family can be a big eye opener. But to get K-1 visa I don't think it's required of you to meet each others family members.

Good luck on your journey and try not to stress too much. I know it's difficult not to but this is a long journey and we need to keep our sanity intact. :) I don't think you should worry all that much. My understanding of the I-129F petition is that you and him have to have met in the past two year and it doesn't say anywhere that he needs to meet your family or you his. Obviously it would be good for both of you if you meet each other families before you get married. You get a better sense of who the other person is and the way they interact with their family can be a real eye opener. But to get K-1 visa I don't think it's required of you to meet each others family members.

Good luck on your journey and try not to stress too much. I know it's difficult not to but this is a long journey and we all need to keep our sanity intact. :)

All the best.

All the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi

I would not worry. It states you have to meet within the last two years.. it does not state or required to meet the future in laws.

I brought my wife on a K-1 and we been married almost 3 years. Till this day I have never met her parents in person. Just seen my mother inlaw on cam and father in law in Pictures.

So dont worry about if he met your parents

Hi

I would not worry. It states you have to meet within the last two years.. it does not state or required to meet the future in laws.

I brought my wife on a K-1 and we been married almost 3 years. Till this day I have never met her parents in person. Just seen my mother inlaw on cam and father in law in Pictures.

So dont worry about if he met your parents

Hello, yes I keep convincing my fiance to meet my family, but he reason that the requirements was only for us to meet together. thanks for your advice.

April 25, 2008 Meet online

June 2[/i]8, 2008 He came to meet me.

June 29 Engagement

July 6 Sad day!! craig flight going back

July 15 K1 visa starts..send the petition CSC

July 24 check cash

July 25 Got our NOA1 hard copy.. yay!!

July 28 touch

Nov 9-14 Second visit..

Nov. 26 Approve online

Dec 2 case forward to USEM

Dec 3 got the NVC letter

Dec 18,22 Medical Exam.. PASSED!

Jan.13 Interview... PASSED!

Jan 15 Visa on hand!! soooooooo happy

Feb 5 Flight.....philippine time

Feb 5 Thanks God....wer happy together forever..

Feb 21....2009 Wedding

April, 2 2009 Applied AOS

April 28, Biometrics

April 29 Case transfered to CSC[/i][/b][/size]

May 28, 2009 EAD received

Aug. 11, 2009 Greencard received

[/quot

Its not important on k1 to meet your family but it would be nice for your fiance' to meet your family...pay respect to future in laws...

04-09-2012-------------------- Sent N-400y date: 04/11/12)

05-11-2012-------------------- Biometric Letter received!

04-16-2012-------------------- NOA received (Priority date:04/11/12)

05-25-2012-------------------- Early Biometric !!!!(05-31-12--- Biometric Appnt.)

05-30-2012---------------------Placed in Lined for Interview Scheduling!!!

06-29-2012---------------------N-400 Notification,Scheduled for Interview!

07-05-2012---------------------Interview Letter received!

07-30-2012---------------------Interview! APPROVED!!!!

08-08-2012---------------------Oath Letter recieved!

08-15-2012---------------------Oath Ceremony!!!!

No need to have pics with your parents. Just have pics of you and him together, and take them in front of Jollibee's, Chow Kings, Jeepneys, etc...

I have made 3 trips to PI over the last 2 year, and spent about 2 months over there.

I stay in Mindanao region. And travel all over by plane, bus, Motorbike.

Tell him Mindanao is as safe as any place in PI. If he has only visited Manila then he has only seen the dirty and crowded part of PI.

Have him go to Cebu and take the SuperFerry to Camigium Island, it is as pretty as any place I have seen in the World.

You can get a beach front Hotel for $25 per night. Have room service for $3 per meal. Rent a motor bike for $10 per 24 hours.

It's is full of many spring to swim in. And some of the best beaches I have seen.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with him wholeheartedly. There is much higher chance for you and your fiance to get mugged in Manila than the risks in Mindanao. Mindanao issues are all overrated and exaggerated. I was born in Mindanao and lord, I love that place.

Going back to your question, no need for your fiance to have pictures with your family and if he isn't that convinced with Mindanao being safe, then at least bring him to some relatively "cleaner and better" place than Manila like Cebu and some other parts of the Visayas.

Good luck and God bless!!!

No need to have pics with your parents. Just have pics of you and him together, and take them in front of Jollibee's, Chow Kings, Jeepneys, etc...

I have made 3 trips to PI over the last 2 year, and spent about 2 months over there.

I stay in Mindanao region. And travel all over by plane, bus, Motorbike.

Tell him Mindanao is as safe as any place in PI. If he has only visited Manila then he has only seen the dirty and crowded part of PI.

Have him go to Cebu and take the SuperFerry to Camigium Island, it is as pretty as any place I have seen in the World.

You can get a beach front Hotel for $25 per night. Have room service for $3 per meal. Rent a motor bike for $10 per 24 hours.

It's is full of many spring to swim in. And some of the best beaches I have seen.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes, that is the belief of some foreigners. You cannot force him. It is really in their advisory that Mindanao is scary because of what happen to the american that was kidnapped and shot. To them it was horrible and a nightmare. Though not all the parts of Mindanao are risky. You are also after for his safety right??? Anyway you can still get some pics for the two of you. In the hotel that you are both staying, the lobby area or the nearby restaurant where you eat . Or wherever you go try to get some photos. Even at the airport when you fetch him If you have someone with you to take the pic for as long as you can get it. I wish you luck and God Bless.:dance::dance::dance:

USA LYF

3-07-08 ** Leave the Philippines (Phil. time)

3-07-08 ** Arrived JFK airport (POE)

4-09-08 **Apply Marriage licence

4-11-08 **Apply SSN in maiden name

4-17-08 **Meet with priest (set pre-canon seminar for catholic marriages)

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

5-15-08 **Return to SS and submit marriage license

5-16-08 **Received marriage cert. on mail

5-21-08 **Received SSN card on mail

6-08-08 **Go for medical (HIV blood test, TD Shot & TB skin test)

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

6-14-08 **Get sealed medical results

6-26-08 **Finish (3 sessions) Pre-canon seminar and received certification (ready for Catholic church wedding)

AOS TIMELINE

6-17-08 **** Sent AOS, EAD, AP application to USCIS

6-24-08 **** USCIS received AOS, EAD, AP package

6-27-08 **** NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP[/color]

7-05-08 **** Biometrics appointment letter received for AOS & EAD

7-19-08 **** Biometrics done

9-03-08 **** Received my EAD on mail

9-06-08 **** Received my AP on mail

9-22-08 **** Received AOS appointment interview in the mail

11-05-08 *** INTERVIEW DAY (thank God i pass passport was stamp I-551

11-13-08 *** Received letter in the mail WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sis,

my fiancee we meet in manila also theysame reason about his safetyness we go puerto prinsesa he never meet my family online only and talk on the phone dont worry about it the most important you have picture together during the time he visit you i only brieng 8 pictures everything is alright god luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

While it is not required that your fiance meets your family, it is definitely more proof of a real relationship. The more proof you bring, the better. Having pics of him with your family will definitely help.

I won't comment on the emotional benefit of him meeting your family, as I'm sure you're already aware of it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For K1, they dont require it except that you have to meet in person prior to the petition. Although it may have some value if both of you have a picture with your family. As with my interview, i only provided pictures (15+) of the two of us. However the CO asked if he met my family but didnt ask for any pictures to prove it. Id say that would depend on the CO interviewing you or how you answer the CO's questions and the supplementary documents you'll be bringing to prove that you have a relationship.

I-129F Sent------------------------------------------04.21.2008

Interview Date---------------------------------------09.12.2008 (white and pink slip)

Visa Received----------------------------------------10.20.2008

US Entry----------------------------------------------10.29.2008 (POE: Detroit)

Marriage----------------------------------------------12.18.2008

(Cant file AOS yet, had to wait after filing taxes)

AOS packet sent w/ EAD----------------------------03.19.2009

NOA1 - Receipt Notice-------------------------------03.27.2009

1st Biometrics Appointment Notice-----------------03.31.2009 (for I-485 & I-765)

Transfer Notice (to CSC)----------------------------04.09.2009

1st Biometrics Schedule-----------------------------04.21.2009 (Attendant said either my fingerprints had slightly faded or their scanning machine sucks... #######?!)

2nd Biometrics Appointment Notice----------------04.23.2009 (*sigh*)

2nd Biometrics Schedule----------------------------05.14.2009 (for I-485)

Received EAD (sent by mail)-----------------------05.18.2009

Welcome Notice-------------------------------------06.01.2009 (for I-485)

Approval Notice and Resident Card received------06.11.2009

if there is no pictures, better to have your receipts or any phone bills from him that he is calling you or you calling him by using a Smart, Sun or Globe phone cards or a receipts of package, love letters, cards or the lists of your chat logs. Proof of on going relationship should be given to the consulate on the day of interview.

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Halu dhai,

I am from CDO too. Day e explain na nmo sa imong fiancee nah if wla moy mga pictures with your family naay possibility na ma denied ka...so igna jud cya day na muanhi sa CDO....Day bsin unsa pa dhai bsta love dhai wlay mka babag..

But I respect the decision of ur fiance but You need to convince him as in jud day....thats all i can say. MAy God BLess you and Good Luck sa imong visa journey Dhai.

<a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com" target="_blank">

1erbva.png

</a>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.