bobb

New divorce paper ?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I had an ill-advised marriage in China. I have the official 3-page Chinese divorce papers on white paper with a few red stamps and the official 3-page translated divorce papers. There is no stamp of any kind on the translated papers. Both on A3 size paper and translated copy is the grayish colored paper.

Questions:

Do I need to send these to a Chinese consulate in the U.S. for a notarization from them stating the translated divorce papers are a true translation...And only send translated papers with this notarization?

Would I just need to send the translated papers with a K-1 and no notarization?

Would I need to send both, as is, with no notarization?

I think that's all the possible variations.

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As long as the translation has a notation by the translator that it is a true translation and is signed and dates by the translator then you should be fine, if not, if you know someone who is conversant in both languages and can read and compare translation and origional and can confirm that the translation is acurate then that person could sign the translation.

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Send simple photocopies of the papers not originals.

One other note: If you will be dealing with the consulate in Guangzhou, you should join and use "A Candle for Love" that site specializes in immigrations maters for China. http://candleforlove.com

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
As long as the translation has a notation by the translator that it is a true translation and is signed and dates by the translator then you should be fine, if not, if you know someone who is conversant in both languages and can read and compare translation and origional and can confirm that the translation is acurate then that person could sign the translation.

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Date Typed Name

Address

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Send simple photocopies of the papers not originals.

One other note: If you will be dealing with the consulate in Guangzhou, you should join and use "A Candle for Love" that site specializes in immigrations maters for China. http://candleforlove.com

Thanks, There is no notation by translator as you mention at top of your post. I should be able to find someone where I live to do this. I have no need to deal with anyone in Guangzhou. My divorce was from Shenzhen in Guangdong Province.

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks, There is no notation by translator as you mention at top of your post. I should be able to find someone where I live to do this. I have no need to deal with anyone in Guangzhou. My divorce was from Shenzhen in Guangdong Province.
From what country is the person you are filing a K-1 from?? You may want to fill in your profile details.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

I meant that if your fiancee is from China or perhaps Taiwan or Hong Kong you may want to check out "A Candle For Love"

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

I am just preparing for the possibitlities of my trip to Saint Petersburg, Russia in October. I would rather know now, than waste time later. You're right I could at least enter the country, even though I haven't filed anything yet, and may not.

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Timeline

Date Typed Name

Address

If the address of the translator was from China would this possibly be a 'red flag' and might they ask me for more information?

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.