Wis-Can

Does it matter which state your going too?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I've been thinking and wondering this for sometime. :unsure: Is there a place on this website or any other that lists the number of visa's issued in a given year to each state, and the timeline processed. I know the country that you are coming from, and the processing center handling it makes a difference so I would be looking at Canada. I followed a few on here and it makes no sense to me how two apps, going to the same visa center, same arrival date, and end up being months apart by the time they are processed. I know if there are problems with the application it will slow it down, and the consulate handling the interview would change the timeline some. I've seen them on her processed in less then 100 days, and some taking upwards of 350 and even more days. So it got me thinking, does the state your going to make a difference in how fast it's processed? Anyone have any thoughts? :innocent:

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone, I've been thinking and wondering this for sometime. :unsure: Is there a place on this website or any other that lists the number of visa's issued in a given year to each state, and the timeline processed. I know the country that you are coming from, and the processing center handling it makes a difference so I would be looking at Canada. I followed a few on here and it makes no sense to me how two apps, going to the same visa center, same arrival date, and end up being months apart by the time they are processed. I know if there are problems with the application it will slow it down, and the consulate handling the interview would change the timeline some. I've seen them on her processed in less then 100 days, and some taking upwards of 350 and even more days. So it got me thinking, does the state your going to make a difference in how fast it's processed? Anyone have any thoughts? :innocent:

I am wondering the same...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That would be a professional level report, considering the variables involved.

Just think of the database that would have to crosscheck these things:

K1/K3 Visa issued in state ___

Originating country ___

Arrival state ___

Male ___

Female ___

Age ___

___

___

I would imagine that such a list exists.

USA_a.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

No, it has nothing to do with the state.

The only list i've ever seen from the uscis is the total number of K visas processed annually over the course of a decade.

This thread will explain why you see part of the disparity in the process.

And this will tell you about all the security/name checks at each stage of this process. You can be held up at any stage.

If you look back, Vermont has historically been the faster service center... even when there were many. Just last year they switched to just the two service centers they use now. Since then, the states have been split so the service centers will be more even. At about the same time as all of this, there was a huge fee hike that brought with it an influx of petitions trying to beat that rate hike. So last year at this time it was taking both centers more than 6 months to process petitions.

However, in January of this year VSC was spitting them out in just 3 weeks...while CSC was still taking 5 months.

So, as you can see, there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. Everybody's got a different story.. a different name.. a different past. For the most part everyone is 'about' the same for the uscis process unless they are held up for rfe. Then you have extreme cases (like our poor sara/estadia) who's been waiting over a year for her NOA2. :(

The Consulate level is a whole different story. Each one is very different.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

State is of no consequence whatsoever. Not a consideration.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No it shouldn't as for some people, like me, we are not sure what state we will be heading to for certain. My OH is serving oversea and has orders for a follow on to Alabama but that could change at any time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.