hellonew

JUNE 2008 K1 FILERS CSC ONLY!!

821 posts in this topic

Well, no news yet. We also contacted the ombudsman, but after the touches. i don't think it's due to senators inquiring, because after we contacted Sen Salazar, he left the Senate to be in Obama's cabinet. So I would guess it is just my baby's phone calls. One lady at USCIS call center admitted that if people don't call and inquire about their files after due time, officers will abandon them in favour of the ones that have people DO inquire about.

So, it is very important to bug them with phone calls, like Panterchen once said!

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

panterchen when do you fly to the states?

check out my online shop: www.justchic.etsy.com

07-10-2009 POE Washington

07-29-2009 applied for SSN

07-30-2009 civil ceremony

08-13-2009 AOS sent to USCIS

08-16-2009 AOS received by USCIS

08-19-2009 NOA 1 for AP, EAD, GC

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-11-2009 GC file transferred to CSC

09-23-2009 SSN arrived by mail

09-24-2009 Biometrics for EAD, GC

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 phoned USCIS, infopass lady did nothing!!

I got 2 Service Request Numbers for AP & EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-14-2009 CRIS e-mail reply :AP: "reviews" - deadline 60 days

12-14-2009 contacted the senator about the EAD

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-21-2009 EAD & AP approved OMG!! Is it really true? :)

12-26-2009 AP arrived by mail

12-28-2009 second e-mail about the approval of EAD

12-30-2009 GC APPROVED!!!!!!

12-31-2009 GC ordered

01-12-2010 GC received yuppie!!!

Timeline

Natan, you must already in the arms of your baby ;) lucky you :thumbs:

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-31-2009 GC ordered

Shoobidooo.....Frankfurt wrote me an email today that the visa is issued and that they'll send it tomorrow. So I can fly this weekend for sure. Either saturday or sunday... woohooo :D

Timeline
Shoobidooo.....Frankfurt wrote me an email today that the visa is issued and that they'll send it tomorrow. So I can fly this weekend for sure. Either saturday or sunday... woohooo :D

wow, great news, I think that right now you're on the net looking for flights :) Am I right? :D

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

12-16-2009 another touch

12-31-2009 GC ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Panterchen that is awesome!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Did you email them and ask them or is it normal that they send you an email once they send out the visa?

I still haven't booked my ticket and the closer the day of the interview is getting the more nervous I get :blush::blink::wacko::unsure: (all of this would be me :lol: )

Stepha and Oana I really hope that something is going to happen with your case soon!!!!! I'm still praying for all of you guys!!

Edited by kiwie

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-23

Interview: 2009-02-27 APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa received: 2009-03-05

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Sent AOS: 2009-05-12

Check cashed: 2009-05-20

NOAs received: 2009-05-22

Biometrics letter: 2009-05-28

Biometrics appointment:2009-06-09

card production ordered:2009-06-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hey guys...

i just got here in US... first of all congrats panterchen...you made it...:) stepha, it took me almost 2 days to get here from Craiova, my city, cos first i went by car like 10 hours to Oradea, a city still in Romania, but close to the border with Hungary, then i stayed there for like 6 hours at my uncle, got back on my feet, and then traveled for like 5 hours (cos it was ice on the road) to budapest airport, then i waited for like 4 hours for my plane. Then i got to JFK, and then to LAX... Oane31, on the plane i was given 2 forms (a blue one or a green one as i saw that others had, and a I-94 form, that i had to fill them)...and by the way, on the plane the stewardess gave me a blue one at the start and then i called her cos i had one question to ask her and when i told her that im a k1 visa holder she gave me the I-94 form too. Fill the entire I-94 form, arrival and departure, altough you will not come back to Romania any time soon, that departure part will be needed later when you go on with the getting aos and all that stuff...by the way i told the first lady there to which i gave my passport and the yellow folder that i was told to ask for EAD but she didnt seem to know what that is, but lucky me that she was suppossed to pass all the k1 visa holders to another guy in a private room...She told me to follow her and she led me to this room, where i seat for like 20 minutes and then that guy just called my name, and handled me my passport telling me that i got EAD too, without me even having the chance to ask for it yet (to this guy), and then i asked him about my documents from the yellow folder and he told me that they are going to keep that and forward it i don know where...and then just to be sure i didnt forget anything i asked him that if that's all,,,he smiled at me and said YES SIR:)...he was a cute old man...the lady before him wasnt that social with the people before me but when my came turn i started smiling and chat with her and she was cute...i think i started the chat with something like: "I hope it's you the one i have to handle this yellow folfer to and not someone else:) "... anyway, i was blessed i guess, cos i would totaly give a 8 grade out of 10 to the level of harassment... on the other hand the people from budapest are very unfriendly and bored and yeah... as long as you smile you have good chances of the people being friendly with you in US even though for them you are just another immigrant...

in jfk i kinda missed my bag and looked for it 30 minutes and then i asked a guy who showed me all the bags from my flight that didnt find their owner and there it was...i was very late to pick up my bag because of all this k1 visa check and 2 guys checking on me...so i had to run to catch my NY-LA flight...still i managed to get it and even got on board since i was flying with a stand-by plane ticket...this time i didnt give my second bag to check-in since it was only 15kg and i was allowed to take it with me on the plane...beside this, i was allowed also to take my back pack with me on the plane where i had my laptop and a bunch of documents and some other stuff... for the one wondering how much weight are you allowed to take with you here is what i know Delta allows: a maximum of 18 kg bag and a personal item like a purse or a back bag... also you can check in no more than 2 bags of a maximum weight of 23 kg per bag... but i dont think you will need like that much, cos as my babe said "you can find better looking and cheaper clothes here"... so ;)

hmm let's see, is there anything else that you should know ??? hmm... well, if there is any other question that you might have just write it here or just send me an email to my visajourney account...

im praying for you guys...

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

Natan congrats!!! You are finally there!!!

One question though: we do not need to fill out the ESTA thing online since we have a visa, right? And all other forms are given to you on the plane?

I am so anxious to fly. I can't wait. The closer we get, the more nervous Dan and me get. He is calling every night asking when I will be there. :wub:

Kiwie, don't worry. I felt like a wreck too just before the interview because I always thought something was missing. But the good thing is: even if something is missing you won't have to go again to Frankfurt. You can just send it in. Follow the guides and you will be totally fine.

I wrote Frankfurt an email asking whether they got my medical report (i just wanted to make sure I am not waiting 3 weeks and they actually never got it). They said yes they got it Fri 13th and that my visa is processed and will go out today most likely. All you need is to write them an email to FrankfurtIV@state.gov (thats the immigrant visa section). Put your case number and both of your names in the subject and you will get a reply soon. They wrote me back within 3 hours. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

i had no idea what a ESTA form is till you mentioned it and then i googled for it...ii didnt do anything like filling for a ESTA...maybe the thing is that romania is not on that list with people who have to fill the ESTA form...

here is what i found out about ESTA:

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. In order to use the VWP as of January 12, you will need to get ESTA travel authorization. If you are traveling to the U.S. for purposes other than tourism or business, such as to work or study in the U.S., you need a visa and you are not eligible to use the VWP or ESTA.

i dont know if that applies to you too, since you did get a visa... and then there is this:

Which countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program?

Citizens or nationals of the following countries are currently eligible to travel to the United States under the VWP:

Andorra Iceland Norway

Australia Ireland Portugal

Austria Italy San Marino

Belgium Japan Singapore

Brunei Liechtenstein Slovenia

Denmark Luxembourg Spain

Finland Monaco Sweden

France the Netherlands Switzerland

Germany New Zealand United Kingdom

On Nov. 17, 2008, the United States expanded the VWP to include the following countries:

Czech Republic Latvia

Estonia Lithuania

Hungary Slovakia

Republic of Korea

As of December 30, 2008, the United States expanded the VWP to include nationals of Malta.

Eligible citizens or nationals from these new VWP countries may now travel to the United States under the VWP provided they have an e-passport and an approved authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

the idea is that i didnt need any ESTA form...

Natan congrats!!! You are finally there!!!

One question though: we do not need to fill out the ESTA thing online since we have a visa, right? And all other forms are given to you on the plane?

I am so anxious to fly. I can't wait. The closer we get, the more nervous Dan and me get. He is calling every night asking when I will be there. :wub:

Kiwie, don't worry. I felt like a wreck too just before the interview because I always thought something was missing. But the good thing is: even if something is missing you won't have to go again to Frankfurt. You can just send it in. Follow the guides and you will be totally fine.

I wrote Frankfurt an email asking whether they got my medical report (i just wanted to make sure I am not waiting 3 weeks and they actually never got it). They said yes they got it Fri 13th and that my visa is processed and will go out today most likely. All you need is to write them an email to FrankfurtIV@state.gov (thats the immigrant visa section). Put your case number and both of your names in the subject and you will get a reply soon. They wrote me back within 3 hours. :)

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

Ok, thanks that explains everything. ESTA is only for people traveling on the visa waiver program. We have a visa anyways. I got mine today and will be flying to Miami tomorrow!!! Jipppiiieee...Finally.

Timeline
Ok, thanks that explains everything. ESTA is only for people traveling on the visa waiver program. We have a visa anyways. I got mine today and will be flying to Miami tomorrow!!! Jipppiiieee...Finally.

Where are you panterchen? next to your Dan, not getting enough of his hugs and kisses? :whistle:

When do you have your interview Kiwie?

How are you Oana?

How is your fiance feeling Evian?

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

12-16-2009 another touch

12-31-2009 GC ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey Stepha.

I'm actually heading down towards Frankfurt tomorrow. I'm staying with a friend who will also come with me to the interview......well at least wait for me in front of the embassy ;)

I have my medical on Wednesday and my interview on Friday and I'm NERVOUS!!!!!!

You are you?

I saw that you got your NOA2 a couple days ago!!! Finally!!!!! Has it made it to NVC yet?

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-23

Interview: 2009-02-27 APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa received: 2009-03-05

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Sent AOS: 2009-05-12

Check cashed: 2009-05-20

NOAs received: 2009-05-22

Biometrics letter: 2009-05-28

Biometrics appointment:2009-06-09

card production ordered:2009-06-19

Hey guys, today I "celebrate" 8 months of waiting for my NOA2.

Natan, I am happy everything went well, and you are with your dear one right now! :thumbs:

Girls, like I said, even though I am thrilled you are moving forward, I still expect to see your "faces" on the AOS thread.

God bless!

P.S. Evian, where are you ? B)

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Hellllooooooo!!

I finally made it. I have a major jet lag and was travelling for almost 48 hours but I am ok and happy. I met Dan's parents last night for the first time. I think they were just as nervous as I was. hahaha But everything went well. We will go and pickout our wedding bands today and he already drove with me to the location where we will have our wedding and the reception. It is awesome!!

When Dan picked me up from the airport I was just breaking down. I hugged him and just started crying. We are just happy to finally not have to say goodbye at airports anymore. :D

It will take me some time getting used to everything here. I am from a big city and moved to the countryside more or less right now. In a few weeks, as soon as we have an apartment, we will move to Oklahoma City though. Everyone is nice to me though, which I think will make integration in a different culture a lot less painful.

I hope you guys are all doing well. I still cant believe that Oana and Estadia have not yet received their NOA 2. Unbelievable!!! What else can I say?

Kiwie, good luck on your interview and the medical. I have no doubt that you will be just fine.

Timeline
Hey Stepha.

I'm actually heading down towards Frankfurt tomorrow. I'm staying with a friend who will also come with me to the interview......well at least wait for me in front of the embassy ;)

I have my medical on Wednesday and my interview on Friday and I'm NERVOUS!!!!!!

You are you?

I saw that you got your NOA2 a couple days ago!!! Finally!!!!! Has it made it to NVC yet?

Kiwie I can imagine that you are very nervous about the interview but as you could see, on the other cases, there are no problems and there won't be in your case either. So it's like you have the visa already.

Yes, we finally got the NOA2 but we are so busy at work and also with planning our wedding that we don't bother anymore checking where our file is. We are not stressed up as we know now we'll have the visa by June, so we let it be.

GOOD LUCK on Friday!! :thumbs:

Hey guys, today I "celebrate" 8 months of waiting for my NOA2.

Natan, I am happy everything went well, and you are with your dear one right now! :thumbs:

Girls, like I said, even though I am thrilled you are moving forward, I still expect to see your "faces" on the AOS thread.

God bless!

P.S. Evian, where are you ? B)

Oana, we got approved after 8 months and a half so I hope you don't have to wait much longer.

Ya, Evian where are you?

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

12-16-2009 another touch

12-31-2009 GC ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.