hellonew

JUNE 2008 K1 FILERS CSC ONLY!!

821 posts in this topic

Kiwie, you have to wait around a week! My pack 4 came in almost exactly one week later. It will probably be there tomorrow or on Saturday. You can always write the embassy in Frankfurt an email if you are worried. They usually reply within 48 hours.

Relax, it will be there tomorrow I bet!

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Panterchen, You were right. I got my interview date...

But it's on February 27th!!!!!!!!

I know I should be thankful but everything is cutting so close!

When are you flying out? Do you think a week is enough time between my interview date and me leaving?

Are you booking one way our round trip?

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-23

Interview: 2009-02-27 APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa received: 2009-03-05

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Sent AOS: 2009-05-12

Check cashed: 2009-05-20

NOAs received: 2009-05-22

Biometrics letter: 2009-05-28

Biometrics appointment:2009-06-09

card production ordered:2009-06-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

oana where are you? tell us how are you doing...

Edited by Natan

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

Kiwie, we are in the same situation.

I have my interview Feb 12 and our wedding is March 7. So between my entry and the ceremony there is roughly two weeks :lol: It will probably turn out the same for you.

Oh man, I wouldn't want to be my fiancés parents. They have never met me in person (other than on skype video chat) and their son is marrying me two weeks later! :jest:

Timeline

I have my interview Feb 12 and our wedding is March 7. So between my entry and the ceremony there is roughly two weeks :lol: It will probably turn out the same for you.

Oh man, I wouldn't want to be my fiancés parents. They have never met me in person (other than on skype video chat) and their son is marrying me two weeks later! :jest:

Yes you are right Panterchen!

I have exactly 3 weeks between the interview and the wedding.

And my dad already got me nervous because he said that it's cutting so close :bonk: way to go making me even more nervous.

I'm still wondering of they would let me pick it up on Monday cause I don't think anybody is going to be there on Saturday! I've heard that they ask you at your interview if you want to pick it up or have it send to you!

I'm lucky I have met them several times and I pretty much know my fiance's whole family by now! And I have a lot of friends in Kansas City as well, who are helping with a lot of the wedding stuff!

I just hope everything is going to work out but I know that God is in control and I put my trust in that!!!

It got so quiet here.... who is still here anyways?

Oana? Any news???

Natan? Are you going to make it in time for your wedding date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

:rofl: you are so funny panterchen. think positive, you'll have the whole time in the world from now on to get to know your parents in law. and at least your wedding finally got according to your plans, meaning you'll be there in time :)

good luck to all of you (panterchen, natan and kiwie) for the interview !!! God help you and protect you in your new life next to your new families!

check out my online shop: www.justchic.etsy.com

07-10-2009 POE Washington

07-29-2009 applied for SSN

07-30-2009 civil ceremony

08-13-2009 AOS sent to USCIS

08-16-2009 AOS received by USCIS

08-19-2009 NOA 1 for AP, EAD, GC

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-11-2009 GC file transferred to CSC

09-23-2009 SSN arrived by mail

09-24-2009 Biometrics for EAD, GC

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 phoned USCIS, infopass lady did nothing!!

I got 2 Service Request Numbers for AP & EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-14-2009 CRIS e-mail reply :AP: "reviews" - deadline 60 days

12-14-2009 contacted the senator about the EAD

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-21-2009 EAD & AP approved OMG!! Is it really true? :)

12-26-2009 AP arrived by mail

12-28-2009 second e-mail about the approval of EAD

12-30-2009 GC APPROVED!!!!!!

12-31-2009 GC ordered

01-12-2010 GC received yuppie!!!

Kiwie,

I don't know about picking up the visa. I thought about that too but have never really heard of it.

Do you know when you could pick it up? Is it like 2-3 work days later? I mean, if it is done the next day I would just stay one day longer and pick it up as well. Do you know anything about that?

I am thinking about you guys a lot and hope that for every single one of you things will turn out the best way possible. I am so grateful for this great community on VJ!!! (F)

Well, I am DONE with my exams for this semester! :dance:

All week-end long I just rested and enjoyed my time off. As for news, none for me. We contacted the new Senator and also the Ombudsman. I don't care if it doesn't look good if two authorities are interested in our file!!! It's time we have our approval, as they approve people from October and November! :angry:

Anyway good luck to everybody for your interviews, and after you are in the US we will see each other in those AOS threads! Stepha, how's it going ?

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Timeline

Oana... you are right! It does not matter how many authorities are looking at your file... But they better hurry up and approve you already :protest:

I'm praying for you!!!! And I really hope that you'll get news soon. Stepha, you are also in my prayers!!!! It's so unbelievable and I can't wait till we are all done and can share how awesome our weddings were!!!!

Panterchen, I have read a couple of times that people were asked in Frankfurt if they want to pick up their visa or have it send to them. I would just ask them what is quicker. If they are going to ask me and if there is any chance of picking it up Monday or Tuesday (cause my Interview is on a Friday) I'll definitely do that... cause then I don't have to worry about it taking longer via mail ;)

But I guess every person is different and there is no real answer I can give you...sadly!

I got my Packet 4 in the mail today. And they gave me a medical appointment. Is that normal or can I still just go a week earlier if I want to?

Also...have you payed the visa fee already? Do you do that online?

Thanks a lot and I hope we'll hear news from you soon, Oana & Steph!!!!!!!

Kiwie,

it is normal that they give you an appointment for the medical too. You don't need to take it though. I did mine weeks ago and still had the appointment written down in pack 4.

Paid the fee online. Follow the instructions and you'll be ok. It's all easy. :)

Timeline

Thanks...

I'm thinking about doing the medical next week... just to get it over with. Plus the medical they assigned me is at 6.30 am!!!!!!! :blink: that's a little early for me even though I doubt that I'll be able to sleep!

One more question... what did you write on the DS 156 ( I think that's the one)

"What is the purpose of your trip?"

I think I'm freaking out about everything :bonk: sorry ;)

I just put in 'marriage and relocation' if I remember right. Just look at the example forms here at VJ. Thats how I did it.

Yeah, my interview is at 7.30 am too and I will have to go the main station to leave all my luggage there before. (the friend I am staying with is at work if I want to leave). So Ill need to get up early too.

Oh man, something else that just freaked me out. I had my medical Jan 23 but the last shot of HPV was missing and I wanted to get it the following week so that we agreed on sending my medical report after this so that all is completely done and finished. Now of course, one week later I was sick so that the vaccination couldn't be done. Last week friday I did it and send the confirmation to the doctor I had my medical with, hoping it would get done asap. Just today I called and they said its still being worked on but will be sent out this week. I sure hope so!!! I want to have my visa as soon as possible. I just hope this won't delay things... :huh:

Timeline
I just put in 'marriage and relocation' if I remember right. Just look at the example forms here at VJ. Thats how I did it.

Yeah, my interview is at 7.30 am too and I will have to go the main station to leave all my luggage there before. (the friend I am staying with is at work if I want to leave). So Ill need to get up early too.

Oh man, something else that just freaked me out. I had my medical Jan 23 but the last shot of HPV was missing and I wanted to get it the following week so that we agreed on sending my medical report after this so that all is completely done and finished. Now of course, one week later I was sick so that the vaccination couldn't be done. Last week friday I did it and send the confirmation to the doctor I had my medical with, hoping it would get done asap. Just today I called and they said its still being worked on but will be sent out this week. I sure hope so!!! I want to have my visa as soon as possible. I just hope this won't delay things... :huh:

Hey... I just decided that I'll do my medical a couple of days before my interview.

As far as I know and have read the HPV is needed for AOS not the K1 visa. Or am I wrong?

now I'm a little confused too.... :blink:

You are ok. Complete HPV is not needed for the visa. We just agreed because the doc said that usually they have to file a 'blank waiver' and it makes more work and like that I would also already have the vaccination worksheet completed which I will then be able to use for AOS... Anyways...

Timeline
You are ok. Complete HPV is not needed for the visa. We just agreed because the doc said that usually they have to file a 'blank waiver' and it makes more work and like that I would also already have the vaccination worksheet completed which I will then be able to use for AOS... Anyways...

More work for AOS or for the issuing the visa now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.