3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi. Im looking to complete the forms (G-325A,I-864,I-765) for my AOS. Im getting married next month on the 10th but want to get the forms completed to be ready to send away once the marriage cert arrives.

I just need clarification on the following:

1) Even though im getting married within the 90 day limit, is it ok to file after this time frame given i have to wait for the certified marriage cert etc?

2) I never kept the K-1 petition approval form that we recieved in order to get my K-1 Visa, i assume i can recieve a replacement from USCIS?

3) Im not sure what surname to complete on the forms. I assume once im married i automatically can take my husbands name or are there other steps i need to take before i can do this?

4) Where do i find my non-immigrant visa number?

5) Where do i find my alien registration number and is the Alien File number the same thing?

Edited by koolkat66

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi. Im looking to complete the forms (G-325A,I-864,I-765) for my AOS. Im getting married next month on the 10th but want to get the forms completed to be ready to send away once the marriage cert arrives.

1) Even though im getting married within the 90 day limit, is it ok to file after this time frame given i have to wait for the certified marriage cert etc?

2) I never kept the K-1 petition approval form that we recieved in order to get my K-1 Visa, i assume i can recieve a replacement from USCIS?

3) Im not sure what surname to complete on the forms. I assume once im married i automatically can take my husbands name or are there other steps i need to take before i can do this?

5) Where do i find my alien registration number and is the Alien File number the same thing?

1. Yep, its fine to file after the 90 days.. I filed several months later and was approved without any problems

2. Yes, you can get another one, but its pricey... you have to file a form (dont remember which number) and its almost $200 for a replacement approval document...

3. If you wish to take your husband's name, just fill in your forms with it, and put your maiden name in the "other names used" area

4. The non-Immigrant visa number is the number in red on your K-1 Visa

5. Your alien registration number is the number that starts with an A ex. A-XXXXXXX (dont remember the exact number) I think its the same thing as the Alien File number...

Hope this helps.. :-) Maybe someone else can tell you what form you need to file for a replacement I-129F approval notice...

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

1) Yes some people have done AOS paperwork a year later. Sooner the better though

2) We never used the approval notice. Just sent a color copy of the visa.

3) This is the time to change Your name if you are taking Your husbands name. Just be advised that Your green card will be in Your married name and your passport will be in Your maiden name. This can cause problems traveling and in my wifes case will take 6 months to get a new passport. But put Your married name on all the paperwork if that is Your plan.

4) Bottom right hand corner.

5) You have not been assigned an AR# yet. Just put N/A in those boxes.

Tracy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.