tzeksman

interview guides? for CR-1 just for the hell of it!!

2 posts in this topic

hey all my wife will have her interview on the 17th...anyways is there a CR1 guide or is the interview basically the same as the others .....i kinda know what to expect but if there is a guide or some post with good info id like to share them with my beautiful wife before then.....im pretty sure we have everyting in order but ya know as it gets closer we get more nervous anyways we are prob just acting crazy anyways i appreciate ur responses

Married :...................06-09-2007

I-130 Sent : ..............11-03-2007

I-130 recieved:...........11-05-2007

NOA 1:.......................02-07-2008

I-130 Approved :.........03-13-2008

NVC Received :...........03-27-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :...04-15-2008

Paid I-864 Fee Bill:.....................04-18-2008

IV Fee Bill Generated:.................05-05-2008

IV Fee Bill Recieved:...................05-10-2008

IV Fee paid mailed USPS Xpress:.05-12-2008

Recieved AOS letter:...................05-15-2008

Sent AOS packet to NVC:..............05-20-2008

DS230 paket generated:..............06-02-2008

DS230 packet recieved:...............06-19-2008

DS230 sent to NVC:.....................06-27-2008

DS230 recieved by NVC:..............06-30-2008...................."It's all up to them now"

Case completed at NVC:...............07-09-2008...................."Thank you God"

Sons CRBA interview and approval at USE Manila............7-09-08

SLEC medical completed........9-3, 9-4, 9-5, 9-10-07......yes those lazys at SLEC took 4 days!!!!

Interview USE Manilla.................09-17-2008 APPROVED!!

VISA DELIVERED..........................09-19-2008

I FLY to fetch my family.................10-13-2008

We Fly back as a family FINALLY.....10-24-2008

P1011144-1.jpgP1010098-1.jpg1thumb.jpgP1010448.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
hey all my wife will have her interview on the 17th...anyways is there a CR1 guide or is the interview basically the same as the others .....i kinda know what to expect but if there is a guide or some post with good info id like to share them with my beautiful wife before then.....im pretty sure we have everyting in order but ya know as it gets closer we get more nervous anyways we are prob just acting crazy anyways i appreciate ur responses

Actually when you have the baby, it is easier to prove relationship between you... (marriage)

When I had my first time interview for CR-1 visa, (It was done in the US EMbassy Kuwait). they did not ask for more pictures, they just look at my belly and then asked some question, when and where did we meet, where I am going and so on so far..

Dont worry.. tell your wife to bring the original documents with her (with a photocopy of each) like marriage certificate, birth certificate of your son, wedding pictures, and other stuff that you have included in your petition..

CR! Visa is worth to wait than a K-3.. Once approved and came in the US, she just need to wait for the greencard to arrive and apply for social security number.. She doesnt need to adjust status or get an EAD..

What is the CR-1 Visa?

The CR-1 (Conditional Resident) visa allows applicants to receive conditional permanent residence upon arrival in the US. Recipients of the CR-1 are able to work immediately upon arrival in the US. Conditional Residents usually receive their green card in the mail 2 - 3 months after arrival. Permanent resident status is considered conditional, because the immigrant must prove that they did not get married merely to circumvent the immigration laws of the United States.

The conditional resident and the US citizen spouse must apply together to remove the conditional status of permanent residence. It is advisable to apply 90 days before the end of the spouse’s second year as a conditional resident. If the application to remove conditional status is not filed in time, the immigrant spouse could lose her conditional resident status and be subject to removal from the country.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.