Yunes

Transit Visa/Any visa required?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey All,

I had a question on the Transit visa.

I am waiting for my wife to get an interview for her Cr1 visa for next month. I was looking to buy a ticket right after doing so. My question is the follwoing...

She is giong to have to fly to Ankara, Turkey to have her interview, and then be required to stay there 3 days later to pick up her passport with the visa once approved. I was wondering if I could fly to Ankara, and buy a ticket for her on the same return flight that i may have going back to the US without her going back to Iran. I checked out the flights and two transit airports would be London and Frankfurt.

So would i be able to do this without any other visa except the US immigrant visa? or am i going to have to apply for a transit visa for her?

please let me know and thanks in advance for your help :)

yunes

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ankara, Turkey

Marriage : 2007-07-30

I-130 Sent : 2007-10-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-21

I-130 Approved : 2008-06-06

NVC Received : 2008-06-09

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-06-10

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-06-12

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-08-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-08-08

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-06-12

Receive IV Bill : 2008-07-22

Pay IV Bill : 2008-07-23

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-08-08

DS-230A sent in again (required proof of relationship between household and sponsor): 8-25-08

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-09-03

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 228 days from your filing date.

Timeline
Hey All,

I am waiting for my wife to get an interview for her Cr1 visa for next month. I was looking to buy a ticket right after doing so. My question is the follwoing...

She is giong to have to fly to Ankara, Turkey to have her interview, and then be required to stay there 3 days later to pick up her passport with the visa once approved. I was wondering if I could fly to Ankara, and buy a ticket for her on the same return flight that i may have going back to the US without her going back to Iran. I checked out the flights and two transit airports would be London and Frankfurt.

So would i be able to do this without any other visa except the US immigrant visa? or am i going to have to apply for a transit visa for her?

yunes

Dear Yunes,

There is no gaurantee she will be able to pick up her visa three days after her interview. Most immigrants who pass the interview, must then have their names checked in something called ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING (AP). This can take weeks or months of waiting before they finally approve the visa to be issued. My husband, also Iranian, had his interview in Abu Dhabi. He passed it, but was placed into AP. He was called back to the Consulate two months later to submit his passport for them to issue the visa.

As for transit visa's....My husband is Iranian and he was required to get a Schengen Visa (transit visa) for Franfurt Airport, despite the fact his flight had a stopover of only a few hours and he was not leaving the airport.

For a German transit visa, your wife will need to submit her passport with the US CR-1 visa in it to the German Embassy in Tehran.

Edited by Nutty

Timeline

Thanks for the info :)

Hey All,

yunes

Dear Yunes,

There is no gaurantee she will be able to pick up her visa three days after her interview. Most immigrants who pass the interview, must then have their names checked in something called ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING (AP). This can take weeks or months of waiting before they finally approve the visa to be issued. My husband, also Iranian, had his interview in Abu Dhabi. He passed it, but was placed into AP. He was called back to the Consulate two months later to submit his passport for them to issue the visa.

As for transit visa's....My husband is Iranian and he was required to get a Schengen Visa (transit visa) for Franfurt Airport, despite the fact his flight had a stopover of only a few hours and he was not leaving the airport.

For a German transit visa, your wife will need to submit her passport with the US CR-1 visa in it to the German Embassy in Tehran.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ankara, Turkey

Marriage : 2007-07-30

I-130 Sent : 2007-10-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-21

I-130 Approved : 2008-06-06

NVC Received : 2008-06-09

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-06-10

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-06-12

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-08-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-08-08

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-06-12

Receive IV Bill : 2008-07-22

Pay IV Bill : 2008-07-23

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-08-08

DS-230A sent in again (required proof of relationship between household and sponsor): 8-25-08

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-09-03

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 228 days from your filing date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

My SO is going to go through Amman or Dubai in order to get a visa at the airport. I know him being from Lebanon its required to have a visa issued in advance from Turkey or Europe. When you apply it still isnt guaranteed that they will receive a visa for either that is why he is going through another Arabic country.

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.