ccndyeth

Can anyone give any suggestion??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance's sister has suggested that we have our wedding in Las Vegas, a fun place to get married, his sister says.

And many of his family members plan to attend our wedding ceremony - so my fiance needs to properly coordinate everything.

Can anyone give any suggestions on

What would be a reasonable time delay after the scheduled embassy interview date - that my fiance could have our wedding reservations scheduled & in-place - so his family can make plans to attend our wedding & and which will also accomodate the time it takes to get the k-1 visa after the embassy interview & flight reservations. :unsure::unsure:

snxcq70j3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My fiance's sister has suggested that we have our wedding in Las Vegas, a fun place to get married, his sister says.

And many of his family members plan to attend our wedding ceremony - so my fiance needs to properly coordinate everything.

What would be a reasonable time delay after the scheduled embassy interview date - that my fiance could have our wedding reservations scheduled & in-place - so his family can make plans to attend our wedding & and which will also accomodate the time it takes to get the k-1 visa after the embassy interview & flight reservations. :unsure::unsure:

what is the status of your visa application?its depend on the status. the consul usually suggests not to book a flight until the release of visa. better plans when you get it. goodluck!!

02-16-06- met online

07-20-07- first visit to phils

07-26-07-engagement

07-28-07- back to US

09-14-07- submitted I-129F

09-25-07- NOA1

10-25-07 -NOA2

11-01-07- My fiance got a letter from NVC that within 2 weeks Manila Consulate will send my Packet

11-20-07- Date of my Packet, actually the real one was earlier but it was sent somewhere, good thing my Fiance arrived to spent Thanksgiving day in Phils and we checked the status in Embassy.

11-23-07- Medical though the exact date was Nov. 29..

12-06-07- Interview

12-16-07- Visa in hand

01-16-98- Attended CFO

01-18-08- Arrived in USA , POE-Guam

03-16-08- Wedding

AOS

04-17-08- Submitted the AOS

04-24-08- NOA

05-13-08- Biometrics

05-27-08- Transferred to California

06-14-08- EAD card received

07-21-08- Date of AOS approval but got the letter July 24

No Interview, No RFE and Additional Vaccination( just used the SLEC medical docs)

07-22-08- Date of Permanent REsident CARd , got it July 29

07-31-08- apply for SSN

08-05-08-SSN delivery

01-12-09- First day of work(Thanks to Marielle and Mario)

You can create a wedding in Las Vegas on a spur of the moment schedule...flights go there daily/hourly from most destinations - it'd be easy to schedule one once you have your visa in hand. :thumbs:

My hsband and I had our wedding date fixed even before the interview but during that time we didn't have to go thru Document Verification which I believe is the cause of many delays in the visa delivery for couples nowadays. A number of couples were lucky not to even go thru it where they received their visas within a week after the interview but some were not and had to wait for weeks even months before receiving the visa. With the delayes caused by the Document Verification I suggest not to make wedding plans, especially the date until you have the visa in hand.

Goodluck :)

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

wedding time??? --- whenever you're ready..

emotionally, physically, mentally and financially... ;)

goodluck!

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Filed: Timeline

Hi. I and my husband got married in Las Vegas we had great memories their during our wedding and honeymoon. For me better not book flight ahead and plan wedding schedule ahead because you can never tell when will your visa be in your hand. I have been to a Document Verification Status before and got my visa on hand for more than 1 month. Have my interview April 3,2008 = Got my visa May 16 '08= Fly to US on May 24 '08 and we had our wedding last June 21 '08. My friend have worst experience of waiting than I am coz she was interviewed somewhere in February of '08 and she had visa on hand on June 2, '08. So you see, nobody can really tell when they are going to release it. I hope yours will not get longer. We didn't have schedule our wedding yet while I was in Philippines we just both planned everything when I am already here in US but still we made our wedding very smooth and successful in Las Vegas. Good luck.

12/00/06: we met online Cherry Blossoms Thank you so much

04/23/07: First visit and first meeting in person

04/26/07: He give me his first gift, a bracelet.

California Service Center : Service Center

Manilla, Philipines : Consulate

07/27/07: I-129F Sent

01/31/08: I-129F NOA2

03/07/08: Packet 4 Received

03/24/08: His 2nd visit

03/25/08: Attend Guidance and Counseling in CFO with him waiting at the waiting area.

03/26/08: He surprised me with an Engagement Ring!

03/27/08: Medical Appointment but I went their with him on 03/26/08 and finished 03/27/08

03/28-04/02/08 : We went to Puerto Galera while waiting for our date of Interview ( we both did enjoy)

04/03/08: Interview Date Approved!

05/02/08: Got a text from Delbros (Northern Mindanao Area)

05/16/08: Visa on hand!

05/22/08: Going to CFO Manila for sticker

05/24/08: Flight to US yehey

Port Of Entry: LAX (LA)

06/21 /08: Wedding

AOS

08/18/08: Submitted AOS application

08/20/08: USCIS recieve our AOS application

08/22/08: Recieve Notice from USCIS that they recieve it

08/25/08: Recieve an Appointment Notice (Biomentric)

09/17/08: Biometric Appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.