angela920

help our case will expired soon! k1

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're really both frustrated my fiance and I and I feel like giving up already geez... It's stressing me out everyday. We got approved NOA2 07-07-08 and we haven't received anything from NVC... nada! So we bugged CIS and we spoke to somebody named JULIE said that they made a mistake and didn't file it to NVC but instead filed our papers as their record!

So she said within 2 weeks it should be fixed.. i checked our case status on CIS site and it got updated from 07-07-07 to 09-05-08. So til now we are still waiting for that.. whenever that papers will be sent.

By the way, our case will be expired on 11-6-2008. What if its not done til then? should we need to redo the process?

Thank you guys!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You need to call NVC... press 1 then 5 as K1's are not entered into the automated system. They will tell you when they receive your petition and when they send it out to the Consulate.

Under normal circumstances, the Consulates routinely extend the validity date of the petition when you are not interviewed before the expiry date but you will probably want to call and talk to the folks at the USEM in Manilla just to make them aware that there was a mistake made by the uscis and that your approved petition is to arrive soon and perhaps they can even expedite your interview date. You will need to request that as well.

It should not be a problem. So sorry you got held up. This seems to be almost routine at CSC... sad really.

good luck

timeline.jpg

Timeline
You need to call NVC... press 1 then 5 as K1's are not entered into the automated system. They will tell you when they receive your petition and when they send it out to the Consulate.

Under normal circumstances, the Consulates routinely extend the validity date of the petition when you are not interviewed before the expiry date but you will probably want to call and talk to the folks at the USEM in Manilla just to make them aware that there was a mistake made by the uscis and that your approved petition is to arrive soon and perhaps they can even expedite your interview date. You will need to request that as well.

It should not be a problem. So sorry you got held up. This seems to be almost routine at CSC... sad really.

good luck

We just called NVC and followed the numbers... No paperworks yet. -big sigh- I wonder when they will get it? CIS obviously made a mistake and let our papers rot in their files for 2months. Now they gave us another wait time that is within 2 weeks it should be fixed.. I heard it before.. It really means 2 months.. I'm sorry If im so whiney now.. I'm just extremely frustrated and helpless.

My fiance and I are just waiting for that "promised" 2 weeks then we will contact the Ombudsman.

We're really both frustrated my fiance and I and I feel like giving up already geez... It's stressing me out everyday. We got approved NOA2 07-07-08 and we haven't received anything from NVC... nada! So we bugged CIS and we spoke to somebody named JULIE said that they made a mistake and didn't file it to NVC but instead filed our papers as their record!

So she said within 2 weeks it should be fixed.. i checked our case status on CIS site and it got updated from 07-07-07 to 09-05-08. So til now we are still waiting for that.. whenever that papers will be sent.

By the way, our case will be expired on 11-6-2008. What if its not done til then? should we need to redo the process?

Thank you guys!

You should soon be able to call (and/or email) NVC - the number is on your NOA2. It's good you got an answer and that they (USCIS) did indeed scan your file - but not to worry about the expiration, the consulate/embassy will very likely extend this period as a matter of courtesy. Be aware, your case will not be track-able on the USCIS site after NVC gets it (will be a DOS case then). :thumbs:

Timeline

Thank you guys!

You should soon be able to call (and/or email) NVC - the number is on your NOA2. It's good you got an answer and that they (USCIS) did indeed scan your file - but not to worry about the expiration, the consulate/embassy will very likely extend this period as a matter of courtesy. Be aware, your case will not be track-able on the USCIS site after NVC gets it (will be a DOS case then). :thumbs:

My fiance just did call them a while ago.. still no paperworks... I don't know what to think anymore. CIS updated our case number on their site from 07-07-08 (our NOA2 approval notice) to 09-05-08... We don't know the latest update coz the description says the same when we got our NOA2.. So probably the 09-05-08 is time they would, will had sent it to NVC.

I'm really into panic mode

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.