5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I entered a country on K1 ,got married within 90 days and shortly after that filed for AOS.Few days ago I received a letter from uscis - request for intial evidence..It said I need to send them prove of I-130 petitioner's US citizenship..I was like #######??? I called them and they mationed that basicly what they need is copy of NOA2 approval 129F petition. But I know I did mailed it to them.I dont know what to do. I printed a page that they send me online when my K-1 was approved,but officer on a phone said they need original.But I think it will be better if I will go and mail it to them anyway. I was thinking about mailing form 824 or something with $340 fees,but immigration represenative said it may take 6 months.Plus they said that I have only 87 days to respond to RFE. I really lost in that process.Next thing represenative said that if I dont send them correct paperwork,they will not send me second RFE.My case will be just denied.My husband is in Afghanistan deployed for 15 months and I'm afraid that if wors come to worse they will just deport me.

Please,help..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I entered a country on K1 ,got married within 90 days and shortly after that filed for AOS.Few days ago I received a letter from uscis - request for intial evidence..It said I need to send them prove of I-130 petitioner's US citizenship..I was like #######??? I called them and they mationed that basicly what they need is copy of NOA2 approval 129F petition. But I know I did mailed it to them.I dont know what to do. I printed a page that they send me online when my K-1 was approved,but officer on a phone said they need original.But I think it will be better if I will go and mail it to them anyway. I was thinking about mailing form 824 or something with $340 fees,but immigration represenative said it may take 6 months.Plus they said that I have only 87 days to respond to RFE. I really lost in that process.Next thing represenative said that if I dont send them correct paperwork,they will not send me second RFE.My case will be just denied.My husband is in Afghanistan deployed for 15 months and I'm afraid that if wors come to worse they will just deport me.

Please,help..

Hi, you don't have to worry as long as you got married within 90 days of allowance, you will not be deported. All you have to do is to follow the instruction of what Uscis need and tells you, you send the thing that they need and thats it.

Goodluck. :-)

have a great time here!:-)

DEC 22, 2008 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD

JANUARY 24, 2009 - WILL BE IN MANILA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

send them one of your copies of 129F NOA2 approval.

I-129F mailed 12-17-2007

Received at CSC 12-18-2007

NOA1 December 19 2007

NOA2 April 30 2008

NVC sent packet to Manila May 12 2008

Interview set for June 18

Visa Denial, Contested & Approved

PDOS June 23

Flight to USA June 26

Arrival at DTW Visa accepted

Welcome to America!!!

Married 07/18/2008

Applied SS 07/22/09

Applied AOS around same time

Very happily married

EAD received Sept.

AP received Sept

No RFE's ...??

AOS Appointment 04-02-2009

AOS approved! Green card to be sent 3-6 weeks

You need the letter that was sent saying your petition was approved and being sent to NVC. (I-797 "Notice of Action) Take a copy of that notice, not the email you got, and send it back. Maybe you sent it to them already and they lost it. Look through all your immigation paperwork and see if it's there. You got married within the 90 days, and while I highly doubt you'll be "deported", you could be denied your AOS if you don't provide the correct paper and return it. If you absolutely cannot find it, or have lost it, you're going to have to at least write them a letter saying you lost it. Send that back instead of the paper I guess.

I suspect that you'll have to reorder that NOA2, it costs a lot of money! Then reapply, and I think you'll have to send in the fees again! I'm sorry this is happening. I hope that you have some type of "immigration" file, or find some folder that your husband perhaps had all the papers in.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.