gabriela

for those who will ship things via manila forwarder

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i just regret shipping my things to US via manila forwarder.

my boxes were scheduled to be picked up aug 27. i made this schedule a week earlier. i emailed all needed documents to Rbhie Sta.Ana last aug 27. manila forwarder promised to pick up on the same date, but didnt come. they got my boxes on aug 28 late in the afternoon. since they ship every saturday, i called and asked a couple of times whether my boxes will be shipped that weekend and they said yes.

a week after, i emailed Rbhie Sta.Ana again just saying i hope there wasnt any problem with the docs. i wasnt even supposed to follow up right? but i did because she didnt even reply to my email! i didnt hear from them since they took my boxes. Since there was still no reply after my follow up, i just assumed everything was ok.

And then yesterday, (12 days after i sent the docs via email), she just emailed me saying "is Mr.__ a greencard holder?" i was confused with her question so i decided to give her a call. if i reply to her via email, im sure she wont read it again for weeks! when i called, she said that i needed to provide a certificate of citizenship, which by the way, she never mentioned before.. and it was not on the website as well. so i said ok, i'll send a copy. And then today, she emailed me again asking for more files like greencard and US driver's license.

she didnt mention anything about my boxes. so i asked. and oh, my boxes are still here in their manila office! i told her i was so disappointed because i really wanted to have my boxes shippped early so my things will be in US days or few weeks after my arrival. she said they will prioritize my boxes so it will come end of september at the earliest, or 1st few weeks of october. what kind of priority is that?!! im so pissed i want them to just return my boxes and i'll just pay excess baggage at the airport. but my flight is already this friday and i doubt if they can return it on time, or if they will return it to me at all.

i paid in full, gave all documents they asked from me even before they got my boxes, and this is the kind of service i get from them. my fiance will call their US main office tomorrow to complain, hopefully they are more accommodating and they will do something about their people here in manila. we dont know what to do anymore. im sooooooh pissed! i just want to have my things with me but cant do anything about it! so to those who are planning to send stuff via manila forwarder, think about it first.

Why is Manila forwarder asking all those confidential informations? Have they told you the reasons in obtaining those information?

i just regret shipping my things to US via manila forwarder.

my boxes were scheduled to be picked up aug 27. i made this schedule a week earlier. i emailed all needed documents to Rbhie Sta.Ana last aug 27. manila forwarder promised to pick up on the same date, but didnt come. they got my boxes on aug 28 late in the afternoon. since they ship every saturday, i called and asked a couple of times whether my boxes will be shipped that weekend and they said yes.

a week after, i emailed Rbhie Sta.Ana again just saying i hope there wasnt any problem with the docs. i wasnt even supposed to follow up right? but i did because she didnt even reply to my email! i didnt hear from them since they took my boxes. Since there was still no reply after my follow up, i just assumed everything was ok.

And then yesterday, (12 days after i sent the docs via email), she just emailed me saying "is Mr.__ a greencard holder?" i was confused with her question so i decided to give her a call. if i reply to her via email, im sure she wont read it again for weeks! when i called, she said that i needed to provide a certificate of citizenship, which by the way, she never mentioned before.. and it was not on the website as well. so i said ok, i'll send a copy. And then today, she emailed me again asking for more files like greencard and US driver's license.

she didnt mention anything about my boxes. so i asked. and oh, my boxes are still here in their manila office! i told her i was so disappointed because i really wanted to have my boxes shippped early so my things will be in US days or few weeks after my arrival. she said they will prioritize my boxes so it will come end of september at the earliest, or 1st few weeks of october. what kind of priority is that?!! im so pissed i want them to just return my boxes and i'll just pay excess baggage at the airport. but my flight is already this friday and i doubt if they can return it on time, or if they will return it to me at all.

i paid in full, gave all documents they asked from me even before they got my boxes, and this is the kind of service i get from them. my fiance will call their US main office tomorrow to complain, hopefully they are more accommodating and they will do something about their people here in manila. we dont know what to do anymore. im sooooooh pissed! i just want to have my things with me but cant do anything about it! so to those who are planning to send stuff via manila forwarder, think about it first.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Timeline

Wow.thank you for posting this.coz manila forwader should pick up my box tom sept 10,but i cancelled it and resched on the 15th..now i need to have plan b..btw.i also called thier office b4 and complained thier delivery man,hes very rude and mean...!!! i have to call them and ask abt this matter coz if is true then i should cancel my box even i paid for the box already for $5.00

Thanks and God bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Timeline
Wow.thank you for posting this.coz manila forwader should pick up my box tom sept 10,but i cancelled it and resched on the 15th..now i need to have plan b..btw.i also called thier office b4 and complained thier delivery man,hes very rude and mean...!!! i have to call them and ask abt this matter coz if is true then i should cancel my box even i paid for the box already for $5.00

Thanks and God bless,

Irene

I just called the manila forwarder now.she explained to me that there was a delay due to custom problem.but still watever.also i asked also which documents their gonna need from me,(Zerox copy of the USC,and when is the last time he was here in PI.kinda weird why they should need that..lol and said they will email to me the guidelines.looking forward but im already planning to cancel my box and try another shipping ailines.

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

I had a bad experience with a freight forwarding company here in the philippines, too.

Those people are not reading their e-mails everyday and you need to wait for ages before they could reply which is really annoying. I had a horrible time because everytime I call they keep on transferring me to the wrong person.

I am just observing that some people in freight forwarding or courier companies don't know the whole customs regulations and proper shipping system.

Hmmmm.. Things that are so simple are quite complicated for them, the fact that you do not even send any "dangerous goods" or "radioactive material".

They just need to ask you for a detailed packing list, invoice with prices for customs puposes only, shipper's declaration of non-dangerous goods, complete address of the shipper and consignee (they need it in the AWB), proper labeling of boxes and i am not sure if they would ask you certain ID's to be attached in the AWB or BL (if sea freight).

Anyway, thanks for posting this. I thought Manila forwarder has an excellent service.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

When i talked to rbhie before, she actually admitted that she did not check her email earlier that's why she was just asking the additional docs now... but when she noticed in my voice that i was really disappointed with what she said, she suddenly gave another excuse, which was that of the customs problem. oh, and she thinks im that stupid to believe that?! my boxes cant have customs problem because they are still in their office and they havent sent them yet! and she also forwarded to me an email to someone ( i guess to her coworker/boss) asking about my documents... and i looked at the date, it was september 8, meaning she bothered to look at my documents and boxes 12 days after i sent her the complete docs! And they promised to ship it on aug 30!

to those wondering why they asked for the certificate of citizenship/naturalization: my fiance was naturalized but doesnt have his US passport yet. So since rbhie asked for a passport before, we sent his old philippine passport. but i asked her if it was ok, and if not, what other documents we can send instead. we dont mind sending any document that they want, we just wish they told us earlier. IF ONLY she checked her email prompty, then this delay would not have happened. this is definitely not a customs problem, this is about inefficient staff of manila forwarder.

Just an update... my fiance called their main office in Eagle Rock,LA and complained. they said that they will coordinate with the manila office to have my boxes shipped asap. i just dont know if they will really do it.

and oh, i considered having my boxes returned to me. but if i do it, 30% is non-refundable. so as much as i want to get my boxes back, i dont want to give manila forwarder P4000+ for doing NOTHING.

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline

This is Manny Paez of Manila Forwarder. Upon seing the questions and comments in this forum, I made an investigation to wit:

1) Shipping of personnal effects to USA tax free is a priviledge of US citizens and legal immigrants and not a right of everyone. Personnal information and documentation is required. No " palusot mentality" please. In the case of Miss Gabriela, she claimed to be a US Citizen but when Miss Rbhie Sta. Ana of Manila Forwarder started to ask for the documentation, she delayed her reply and eventually showed her Philippine Passport.

Pls see all requirements here:

http://manilaforwarder.com/imexport.html#balikbayan

Miss Rbhie Sta. Ana has been diligent in her work and no one should have the right to malign a person or a company in a public forum without presention of the two sides of the incident.

If one would look at US law, false claim of US citizenship is a ground for denying naturalization application.

This method of shipment is document intensive as required by US Homeland Security.

2) Scheduling of Pick up. We developed this system to substantially lower the cost of shipping. The scheduling is based on the route of our delivery trucks. One or 2 days close to the target date should be understandable. There is a constant communication between Manila Forwarder staff and the client.

3) We have other premium services if people are willing to pay the price which is a spot quote based on the demands of the shipment. Documentation requirements is still the same.

I hope that all post must be fair and present the two sides of the coin.

Marami pong salamat!

Manny Paez

www.manilaforwarder.com

USA 1.800.210.1019

Phil +011.632.356.8061

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello Manny. I have NO problem with you posting a defense of your company. I had contacted US customer service due to a 5 week delay between my fiance' being called from your Manila office, and her not yet having received her box. Mind you, this was after the 9week transit time TO Manila.

I was helped out well by a nice lady, Yasmin, here in the US office. However, here's the relevant e-mail I sent which explains why I will not be using Manila Forwarder again.

Sent: Sat 12/13/08 5:31 AM

To: yasmin@manilaforwarder.com

Yasmin,

Your provincial agent apparently did not wish to take it all the way to {my fiance's} home on the outer island.

He either called, or texted her to ask her to meet him in Surigao. She did do so, because she doesn't know

any better. However, that's not the service that I was expecting. It was not supposed to be her

responsiblity to do that.

Just pass it on to whomever might care, my future business will now be with Forex.

NOT YOUR fault, by no means, and I'm just thanking your for your attention in the matter.

Best,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: ****@hotmail.com

Subject: invoice:122*** waybill 08-73

Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 17:51:27 -0800

Hi ****

I already called our Manila Warehouse regarding your package with an invoice number 122*** this box is already on our provincial agent and they gonna deliver this package within this week.

I 'll email you as soon as I get an update to your box.

Thanks

Moving on w/life

We used them going the other way (Calif to Mindanao) and so far so good

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

OOHHHH!!!!! i just found MANILA FORWARDERS this week...and im so excited because their fees are lower than i expected and since im trying to look for a shipping company that i can use to ship my stuff to USA, i thought manila forwarders is the answer...and now again i found this forum?????i even send message to some vj members that i found this company because they are also looking for the same solution to their stuff!!!!OMG... now im thinking. :innocent::unsure::unsure:

Yes, I did see that note that sending stuff from the Philippines to the US is for USC's and permanent residents. I did tell Manila Forwarders (I forgot the name of the lady I spoke to) that I was CR status and that my hubby was a USC. Was not asked for anything, though I guess I would have to send them a photocopy of both our passports and his birth certificates. I have his documents on file.

Manny of Manila forwarders....is there anything thing else I need to prepare? Am going to be sending 2 jumbo boxes to my hubby.

Thing is peeps...is not easy to find a company that can be used to send stuff from here to the US. Forex does not.

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have used Manila forwarders a couple times to ship from the US to the RP and found the service very good and fast. I think the document requirements have to do with US Customs and homeland security so Manila forwarders is just complying with the US requirements.

xl91yv7f.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.