rupa

September AOS filers

3,794 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Green card received in the mail today. Thanks for everybody's support and help through this process. I updated my timeline and posted a short review of my interview at the Norfolk VA office.

AOS (from O-1 Visa)

09-10-2008 - Package sent to Chicago lockbox via USPS Certified Mail

09-12-2008 - Package received at Chicago lockbox

09-16-2008 - NOA for I-130, I-485 and I-131

09-19-2008 - Checks finally posted - goodbye money!

09-25-2008 - Biometrics appointment notice sent

09-30-2008 - Biometrics walk-in -- in and out in 20 minutes!!!

10-09-2008 - Biometrics appointment 12pm at Norfolk, VA office (for reference only)

12-01-2008 - Advance Parole notice sent

12-12-2008 - NOA for interview

12-31-2008 - Touch

02-17-2009 - Interview - Green Card approved!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

so the magical green card appear in the mail today and I guess my AOS process is done for now (for the next 1 year, 9 months I supposed)

there is a short story about the temp letter that they gave me after my interview was approved. I had a SSN from back then when I was a F-1 student here and on it was a line printed "Not valid for work without INS authorization." So I thought since I am out of work now and I have time to wait in the line at the SSN office, why don't I just bring this temp letter at the get the process started?

well, the temp letter didn't appeal to me at wall, no official USCIA stamp, no watermark on the letter.... but I went ahead and go to the SSN office.

then I waited for 2 hours coz everyone needs to get a ticket and wait for their turn.

so, when it was my turn, i told them i was given this as my temp. green card and I was told if I travel I am using this as my travel documents.

but the rep said, sorry we cannot take this letter, we don't know if you have faked this (WHAT???)

I said, but I was told this is a legal document that i can travel with? The plastic card maybe coming in 3-4 weeks, but I dunno when.

He said, then wait until your real green card comes then come back again. (yes, #######)

can you believe that govt agency A issued me a legal document while govt agency B denied it and thinks it's fake? what a joke!

H-1 Process:

10/01/2007 Activated my 3 year H-1b visa

AOS Process:

08/06/2008 Appointment with civil surgeon, blood-work

08/08/2008 Getting married!

08/15/2008 Additional vaccination and chest x-ray taken as per I-693

09/13/2008 AOS packet mailed out to USCIS in Chicago

09/15/2008 AOS packet received by USCIS in Chicago

09/18/2008 NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP issued

09/19/2008 $1010 for I-485 cashed

09/22/2008 $355 for I-130 cashed

09/26/2008 NOA for Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 10/15/2008 in Boston USCIS

10/15/2008 Fingerprinting and photo taken for Biometrics in Boston USCIS

10/16/2008 AOS and EAD touched

12/16/2008 AP I-131 Application for USCIS travel document approval notice sent

12/18/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization card production ordered

12/22/2008 I-797C, Notice of Action received for request for applicant to appear for initial interview for I-485

12/23/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization approval notice sent

12/23/2008 AP I-131 Application for USCIS travel document received in the mail

12/26/2008 EAD I765 Application for Employment Authorization document received in the mail

02/13/2009 AOS interview at Boston USCIS office. Approved.

02/27/2009 Green Card received in the mail!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

01/16/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

01/21/11 I-751 received at VSC

01/23/11 Cheque Cashed

01/27/11 NOA1

03/01/11 Biometric appointment

06/17/11 Received Approval Notice in the email

06/22/2001 - Received Approval Notice in the mail (Receipt dated 06/16/2011)

02/23/2009 Green Card received in the mail via USPS priority

Hi Everyone,

Nagish, Vida, Jkevs thank y'all, you dont know how hard its been for me but i knew you guys were praying!

I worry even when i shouldnt, they say its a part of being a woman.

Ok the news! Ileave for my country in 2days now and today i got this mail from cris...

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 27, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I'm supposed to be happy right? But i'm not... too much stressing...plus it wont get here before i leave anyway!

K-1 TIMELINE

I-129F Sent :2007-09-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-10

I-129F RFE(s) :2007-09-30

Visa Approved :2008-01-07

Consulate Received : 2008-01-14

Interview Date : 2008-06-02

Visa Received : 2008-06-12

US Entry : 2008-06-26

Marriage : 2008-08-02

Total days from filling 1-129F till Interview 270days

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 12, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago (finally)

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Sept 18, 2008- Noas AOS/EAD/AP (yaay!!)

Oct 7th 2008- Case transferred to CSC

Oct 15, 2008- Biometric APPT (smooth and quick)

Oct 16, 2008- Case pending ......

Update....

EAD Card production ordered ........ 12/03/2008

Ap approved...approval notice sent 12/03/2008

Ap arrives in mail... dated ..............12/12/2008

EAD approval mail sent ..................12/11/2008

EAD arrives in mail ........................12/15/2008

AOS Touched .................................01/12/2009

AOS card production ordered...........02/27/2009

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Jan 1st 2011 mailed in I751

Feb 15th 2011 Biometric appointment

May 24th 2011 Petition Approved

May 25th 2011 Card production ordered

May 31st 2011 Card recieved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

0mgoodness!!!! God is great and just when you thought He wasn't on time, He came through!

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you, Beautiful_years !!!!!!! Gosh, you have been on my mind constantly for these past few days now. I was wondering if you head anything yet.

0ur situation is still one big screwed up mess. Although we have an interview date, my husband still does not know if he is leaving March 15th and coming back for the interview April 7th, or stay here and leave after the interview. He is on the verge of quitting his job here. Maybe today will be his last day, who knows? I think he is making a terrible mistake, but you can't tell the man anything when he thinks he knows it all. Like who can afford another plane ticket?? Pray for us that somehow God will straighten out this nightmare.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Nagish, Vida, Jkevs thank y'all, you dont know how hard its been for me but i knew you guys were praying!

Ok the news! Ileave for my country in 2days now and today i got this mail from cris...

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On February 27, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I'm supposed to be happy right? But i'm not... too much stressing...plus it wont get here before i leave anyway!

WOW yahoo yahoo yeheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

heheheh see theres nothing to be worried, its just a waste of enegy, but then of course we cant stop it hehehehehe!

thats what i really prayed that you will just received the card in the mail without interview...

congrats girl i am so happy for you.....

:thumbs:CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs:

GODs WAY IS REALLY AMAZING....

0mgoodness!!!! God is great and just when you thought He wasn't on time, He came through!

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you, Beautiful_years !!!!!!! Gosh, you have been on my mind constantly for these past few days now. I was wondering if you head anything yet.

0ur situation is still one big screwed up mess. Although we have an interview date, my husband still does not know if he is leaving March 15th and coming back for the interview April 7th, or stay here and leave after the interview. He is on the verge of quitting his job here. Maybe today will be his last day, who knows? I think he is making a terrible mistake, but you can't tell the man anything when he thinks he knows it all. Like who can afford another plane ticket?? Pray for us that somehow God will straighten out this nightmare.

Nagish,

I know what you mean about not being able to tell a man anything when he "thinks" he knows it all. Almost all men have that in them....lol

What i do is continue to remind him to make the best decision as whatever he decides affects me too... but know my dear, i have not stopped thinking about y'all too even though iv not been here.

Honestly this immigrations thing even though you dont have to do a lot is stressing, the waiting is killing!

I did have a feeling il hear from them before the end of the month though and yes i did.

Its just that after all the stressing, it really isnt that much exciting to get it anymore, its like why starve me when you know you ll feed me anyways?

But i guess they hold their own and crawl when they want to.

To those who are waiting for approvals, wait some more, vent here and pray also, it will definately come.

To those who already have their green card approved/ delivered congratulations!

Hopefully we would all be together, strong and willing to help each other when its time to remove conditions.

Il still be here on vj.... sneaking in to see whats happening, giving answers when i know them and comforting even when i dont.

This is or has been a long stressful journey one i dont wish people pass through but we dont have a choice do we?

K-1 TIMELINE

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Update....

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Timeline

HI NAGISH,

if things work out so well for beautiful_years, im sure with you too.

i will pray for you and your hubby that you will be able to come up with the best decision on this....God bless to both of you and take care....

Edited by j.kevs

Hi Everyone,

heheheh see theres nothing to be worried, its just a waste of enegy, but then of course we cant stop it hehehehehe!

thats what i really prayed that you will just received the card in the mail without interview...

Yea you right, we worry anyway, i know soon il start worrying for removal of conditions..lol. Will it ever end?

Thanks jkevs for being there for me too!

K-1 TIMELINE

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Update....

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Timeline

I would hope you wouldn't stay away from us too long. I, for one, would be at an absolute loss without you here.

God Bless you and keep you in His hands, Beautiful_years. Have a safe and wonderful reunion with your family.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Hi Everyone,

Yea you right, we worry anyway, i know soon il start worrying for removal of conditions..lol. Will it ever end?

Thanks jkevs for being there for me too!

hahhaha exactly, even me i started to look at the I751 already hahaha looking already for another headache...anywayz for as long as we are with each other on this journey it makes it really easier and worthwhile.

you are very welcome beautiful_years....the friendship that we somehow built here is the one that makes this stressful journey really worthwhile.....

Timeline

HI NAGISH,

if things work out so well for beautiful_years, im sure with you too.

i will pray for you and your hubby that you will be able to come up with the best decision on this....God bless to both of you and take care....

Through my tears ( your words moved me to such ) all I can say is thank you soooo much, j_kevs. May our Lord bless you, too!

kodasmall3.jpg

I would hope you wouldn't stay away from us too long. I, for one, would be at an absolute loss without you here.

God Bless you and keep you in His hands, Beautiful_years. Have a safe and wonderful reunion with your family.

Thank you Nagish, you make me feel really important and of course il be gone just 14days! LOL...

And suprise.... they dont know i'm coming lol, i told my husband not to tell them either...i want to shock the skin off them, but for some reasons unknown to me, my mom has been calling me more than usual, maybe its a feeling but dont know what it is, my younger sister just left the youth service, they do that for one yr, working for the governement after leaving the university. she ll be home just a day before me, and she ll be pleasantly suprised. My brother everyone!

I've missed home so much especially my mother!

K-1 TIMELINE

AOS TIMELINE

Sept 15, 2008- Delivered

Update....

ROC TIMELINE 2011.

Timeline

Thank you Nagish, you make me feel really important and of course il be gone just 14days! LOL...

And suprise.... they dont know i'm coming lol, i told my husband not to tell them either...i want to shock the skin off them, but for some reasons unknown to me, my mom has been calling me more than usual, maybe its a feeling but dont know what it is, my younger sister just left the youth service, they do that for one yr, working for the governement after leaving the university. she ll be home just a day before me, and she ll be pleasantly suprised. My brother everyone!

I've missed home so much especially my mother!

Wow it would be a wonderful reunion for you beautiful_years. God bless to your trip and know that nagish and the rest of us here are awaiting for your safe return. enjoy and our prayers are with you.

home sweet home.....

Dont worry nagish we are here for you while we will be waiting for beautiful_years....come back soon my friend.

Timeline

Call it a mother's intuition. She will be elated to see you !

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Hello guys, got my GC and welcome letter in the mail today!!! :dance::dance: thank u all and thanks for this site, now im done with this journey for a while but will still visit VJ as always :star::star: .... To all those GC's are not yet approved, hang in there you will be the next. God bless us ALL!

next journey ---->>> job hunting!!!!!

09/30/08 - mailed AOS, AP and EAD thru USPS

10/02/08 - received and signed by V. Bustamante

10/06/08 - check cashed out

10/07/08 - date of NOA

10/08/08 - last touch for AP and EAD

10/28/08 - AOS transferred to CSC

11/04/08 - touched on AOS

11/05/08 - touched again on AOS

11/06/08 - touched again on AOS ( no touch on AP and EAD)

12/08/08 - EAD approved according to USCIS officer (from infopass)

12/09/08 - touched on AP and EAD

12/10/08 - AP approved dated 12/09

12/15/08 - AP on mail

01/12/09 - went to infopass - found out my EAD has been approved since DEC 8,2008

01/21/09 - biometrics appoinment

01/21/09- Card production ordered for I-765 and a touched for I-485

01/22/09 - touched on I-485

01/23/09 - touched again on i-485

01/26/09- touched again on I-485 and i-765! WOW!

01/29/09 - i-765 approval notice sent.. and EAD card received in mail

02/24/09 - AOS APPROVED!! thanks God!

02/25/09 - AOS touched again

02/27/09 - GC and welcome letter received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.