KGSodie

AP received today

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Today Natasha was very excited to receive a letter from the USCIS, then a little disappointed to see that it was 'only' the AP document. On Sunday, she had spoken with Tanya on the phone (Tanya of 'Bill and Tanya', aka NavarreMan) and learned that she had received her EAD the day before. Since Bill put his docs in about a week before we did, I'm hopeful we'll receive EAD this week. This will make Natasha VERY happy!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Today Natasha was very excited to receive a letter from the USCIS, then a little disappointed to see that it was 'only' the AP document. On Sunday, she had spoken with Tanya on the phone (Tanya of 'Bill and Tanya', aka NavarreMan) and learned that she had received her EAD the day before. Since Bill put his docs in about a week before we did, I'm hopeful we'll receive EAD this week. This will make Natasha VERY happy!
My wife got the AP before the EAD too. I think the EAD came a week or so later. Got the initial PR card about a month after that.

Never used the AP, it was a waste of money.

Wife is technically allowed to apply for citizenship today (been married exactly 3 years), but we'll drop it in the mail tomorrow just to be on the safe side (:

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline

Just a note. After looking over our folder...

Applied for AOS, EAD and AP all on the same day.

EAD and AP were approved on the same day, but it took the EAD a couple of days longer to arrive for some reason. Probably because they had to produce the EAD card.

AOS notice of interview was sent out a couple of days after the EAD card and the AOS interview itself was was about 2 months after EAD was approved.

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good information, thanks!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Wife is technically allowed to apply for citizenship today (been married exactly 3 years), but we'll drop it in the mail tomorrow just to be on the safe side (:
Before you waste $675 in filing fees, it has to be both 3 years since she had her green card and not just 3 years of marriage. And of course you can apply 90 days before that three year anniversary.

Timeline
Before you waste $675 in filing fees, it has to be both 3 years since she had her green card and not just 3 years of marriage. And of course you can apply 90 days before that three year anniversary.
Yes, I know. But her 3 year "resident since" requirement was met in January. Her 3 years "married to me" requirement was not met until today (:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Never used the AP, it was a waste of money.

We are in the same boat. We never used the AP or the EAD but at least they are free now so it was not a waste of money.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Yes, I know. But her 3 year "resident since" requirement was met in January. Her 3 years "married to me" requirement was not met until today (:
For some reason I thought your were a K1 since you got married in Hawaii. In such a case you would have been married a whole lot longer then you were a resident. Because the green card is issued many months after the marriage. And it's 3 years from the date of issuance on the card. Edited by Satellite

Timeline
For some reason I thought your were a K1 since you got married in Hawaii.
We were.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
For some reason I thought your were a K1 since you got married in Hawaii.
We were.

Okay... I'll bite... how is it that your wife had PR status BEFORE you got married (on a K-1 visa)?

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
Okay... I'll bite... how is it that your wife had PR status BEFORE you got married (on a K-1 visa)?
I was just kidding man (:

But in related news - I've got some tropical beachfront property in Alaska for sale. Good price too. Inquire within.

Edited by akdiver

I was just kidding man (:

But in related news - I've got some tropical beachfront property in Alaska for sale. Good price too. Inquire within.

Are they still doing the $1/acre homestead stuff up there? Tax free too, right?

I checked into that a few years back and found a real nice piece of property 150 wooded acres, streams, etc..... no road access. No electric. No water. No NOTHING! Is that still the "norm" for homesteading? That would be cool once I'm a little older and ready to retire but I just can't swing the money of a private plane right now. Bush piloting is just not in the near future.

Someday though, I hope. I've gotta kill a bear before I die. I was thinking it may be in the Russian Far East, but it may turn out being in Alaska on my own property, who knows.

At least we have a VP candidate that knows how to field-dress a moose. (Thanks Fred! I'm glad he covered his six because if he would've left it like that I would been a TR bloggin SOB for the next two weeks. Like we'll ever have another Executive dedicated to outdoors like TR. Gimme a break. ANWR, anyone?)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Are they still doing the $1/acre homestead stuff up there? Tax free too, right?
Uh, no, and no. No free land, and I pay a metric shitload in property taxes.

I checked into that a few years back and found a real nice piece of property 150 wooded acres, streams, etc..... no road access. No electric. No water. No NOTHING! Is that still the "norm" for homesteading? That would be cool once I'm a little older and ready to retire but I just can't swing the money of a private plane right now. Bush piloting is just not in the near future.
Uh...no, I wouldn't say that's normal in general - but it might be normal for people who want to live in the middle of nowhere.

Someday though, I hope. I've gotta kill a bear before I die.
Better than the bear killing you, I guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.