Damian P

U.K. Footie Thread

422 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Well now, what a feast of footie we have today (all times U.K., my predicitions in parentheses!)

Celtic v Rangers @12:30 on Setanta (2-1)

Will the ensuing ned knife fights be televised? :lol:

4-1 to Rangers! :wow: I never saw that one coming! And richly deserved too. The Chelsea/Spurs game's just finished 1-1. So that's 2-out-of-2 I've got wrong today! :lol:

Missed it..I made Nicky go with me to watch my American football game. Was the game at Celtic Park...that would add insult to injury.

Indeed it was - some very unhappy people in Glasgow's East End tonight!!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what channel are the UKers in the US subscribing to for footie? My brother is coming over for a month in a couple of weeks with my parents (can't wait - so excited), and being the great little sister that I am, wanted to ensure he can watch a few games while he is here. Any suggestions would be appreciated!. Thx

Timeline
what channel are the UKers in the US subscribing to for footie? My brother is coming over for a month in a couple of weeks with my parents (can't wait - so excited), and being the great little sister that I am, wanted to ensure he can watch a few games while he is here. Any suggestions would be appreciated!. Thx

Any service that carries the Fox Soccer Channel, basically. I had DirectTV in my house, and t'was the nuts.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think the main ones mentioned were Setanta (however I think you have to have satellite to get them) or FSC (Fox Soccer Channel). I think every major cable provider has FSC but it depends on where you live whether it is available or not (in the Chicago area RCN has it as part of the standard cable package).

Another odd one I thought of...I've actually seen Premier League games on at 1/2 am on the Mexican channels. Of course all the commentary is in Spanish!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Woot! 4-2! doesn't get any better!.

Was looking at the Champions league checking out the English clubs and Scottish club in it, there first(?) games. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a little Faux betting, you know the usual predictions who will win/lose or even just who will qualify from the groups.

2818049932_3ce43ced45_o.jpg

2817199451_bea40300ab_o.jpg

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Timeline

Fox Soccer is all very well [American Fiance Dave is already installed in front of it, in our new apartment, like a proper Brit] But what about the Championship!? We all know it is the most competitive league division in the world.

UP THE BLADES!

Edited by Scarlett

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

FSC has an hour of Sky Sports News 3-4 times a day. So just make sure to watch over the weekend, you'll see all the goals. Otherwise you will need to download the championship over at UKNova.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Timeline
FSC has an hour of Sky Sports News 3-4 times a day. So just make sure to watch over the weekend, you'll see all the goals. Otherwise you will need to download the championship over at UKNova.

Ah-ha - Will do. And in the meantime I will spend as much time as I can down at Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane <3

----------------------

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Wedding 29 November

Timeline
Fox Soccer is all very well [American Fiance Dave is already installed in front of it, in our new apartment, like a proper Brit] But what about the Championship!? We all know it is the most competitive league division in the world.

UP THE BLADES!

Scarlett

Setanta do live Championship games stateside (only 1 or 2 a year, mind) because I'm in the same boat - Southampton 'till I die! You remember the last day of the season just gone by any chance!!?? B)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline
Nicky, you need a whole lot more than a few new signings. That club is a shambles behind the scenes - Dennis Wise pulling the strings!!??? KK won't put up with that for very long, mark my words.

I agree with you the whole thing stinks. As a former season ticket holder (I cant make use of it here in Chicago) I can assure you nobody back home is happy with what's going on with the "scouting system".

But the immediate thought right now is, we need players in, not just a "wow" signing neither, to cope with the coming season. The behind the scenes ####### will ultimately be the demise of KK just like it was in January 97. To be honest, I'm surprised he didn't walk at the end of last season.

The thought of Wise being our manager is not one I really want to think about right now. :no:

Well now there's a surprise!!!!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4085798,00.html

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

UP THE BLADES!

Scarlett

Setanta do live Championship games stateside (only 1 or 2 a year, mind) because I'm in the same boat - Southampton 'till I die! You remember the last day of the season just gone by any chance!!?? B)

Nope :no: Last season was a freaking diaster :blush: Erm and the one before wasn't much better :blink:

----------------------

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Wedding 29 November

Timeline

I'm surprised he has been sacked. Way to go Mr Ashley, that's one way to get the public behind you!

Not surprised he has gone. The signings were not made, can't blame Keegan for questioning the board. Not even appointing Shearer would pacify the fans this time. The Hull game shall be ugly one would think....

Once again we are the laughing stock of the country. :blink:

wtf-picard.jpg

I'm surprised he has been sacked. Way to go Mr Ashley, that's one way to get the public behind you!

Not surprised he has gone. The signings were not made, can't blame Keegan for questioning the board. Not even appointing Shearer would pacify the fans this time. The Hull game shall be ugly one would think....

Once again we are the laughing stock of the country. :blink:

That was me! :devil:

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Timeline
That was me! :devil:

No shyt!!! :lol:

So much for the "King Kev" shirt Ashely was wearing on Saturday at Arsenal!! :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.