blondie2713

affadavit of support

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So I don't make enough to fully support my husband and I have read mixed messages about whether joint sponsers are allowed. I am filing in Juarez Mexico and have heard they are, is this true? My parents have to do all the requirements I do, right. Letter from employer, last few pay stubs and the last 3 years of tax returns along with the form? Problem is my parents haven't filed this years taxes, so do I tell them to get on it or will the previous 2004-2006 years be ok. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
So I don't make enough to fully support my husband and I have read mixed messages about whether joint sponsers are allowed. I am filing in Juarez Mexico and have heard they are, is this true? My parents have to do all the requirements I do, right. Letter from employer, last few pay stubs and the last 3 years of tax returns along with the form? Problem is my parents haven't filed this years taxes, so do I tell them to get on it or will the previous 2004-2006 years be ok. Thanks

I forgot to mention that I didn't work all of 2008 in the US, so do I just skip that year or what?

Filed: Timeline

I forgot to mention that I didn't work all of 2008 in the US, so do I just skip that year or what?

Whether or not co-sponsors are allowed, I don't know about Mexico.

Your co-sponsor needs to meet the same criteria as you, and they need to provide the same documents/evidence as you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi,

I learned somewhere that reason they need to see the three years of income tax return is to make sure that you don't owed any tax to the government. if that year you don't file an income tax return, you must write a letter such as that you don't make enough to qualify to file an income tax return. I guess what the CO want to see was the present income you make. if you don't make enough then you will need to have a co-sponsor.

03/12/08 Engagement Ceremony

06/16/08 I-129F send

06/23/08 NOA1 Hard copy received

06/23/08 Touched

07/09/08 Touched

07/10/08 Touched

11/05/08 NOA2 Notice date

11/10/08 NOA2 Hard copy received

11/12/08 NVC sent my petition to embassy

12/20/08 Packet 3 received by petitioner

02/10/09 Packet 3 sent

03/05/09 Medical Exam

04/01/09 Interview Date-Passed!

04/24/09 Visa pick up!

7/24/09 Arrive in U.S

8/12/09 Applied for Social Security Card

8/25/09 Civil Marriage

9/01/09 Apply for Green Card

11/09/09 Green card received

10122.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.