Gooden

K! Interview date Now 9/2/08 Worried.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I haven't posted in awhile. Interview date was changed to September 2, 2008, long stroy. Anyway, I'm a bit worried because there is a Tropical Storm/hurricane in Jamaica right now, and I'm thinking interview may be moved to another date :unsure: . I'm also worried because I would love to be at the interview, but I just left Jamaica 8/23/08, ticket had been purchased prior to me knowing the date of the interview. I can't get anymore time off from work nor do I have the finances to return again real soon (a ticket from CA costs anywere between $500 & $700). I hope this doesn't make the interviewer look at my fiance unfavorably. I put together a very nice organized binder of all documents needed for him before I left, so at this point all I can do is pray :innocent: . This has been such a long process, and I feeling very anxios to start our life together!

Filed: Timeline
I haven't posted in awhile. Interview date was changed to September 2, 2008, long stroy. Anyway, I'm a bit worried because there is a Tropical Storm/hurricane in Jamaica right now, and I'm thinking interview may be moved to another date :unsure: . I'm also worried because I would love to be at the interview, but I just left Jamaica 8/23/08, ticket had been purchased prior to me knowing the date of the interview. I can't get anymore time off from work nor do I have the finances to return again real soon (a ticket from CA costs anywere between $500 & $700). I hope this doesn't make the interviewer look at my fiance unfavorably. I put together a very nice organized binder of all documents needed for him before I left, so at this point all I can do is pray :innocent: . This has been such a long process, and I feeling very anxios to start our life together!

Post this on the Yardie thread.

Timeline

Post this on the Yardie thread.

How do you do that? :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Gooden. Well on the Yardie thread this comes up alot. Its not necessary 4 u to be at the interview, but it is favorable. No one I know of have gotten denied, BUT there have been some who did not get an approval.They were asked to come back with their fiancee or to bring in more proof of relationship. Tymoore just had an interview for her fiance and he was told that she had to come back with him in order to get the visa. Its caused her some issues as she too is out of vaca and money. So i suggest either you pack your fiance with lots of proof of relationship or fly down. It is definitley much easier at Kingston when the spouse is present.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hey Gooden. Well on the Yardie thread this comes up alot. Its not necessary 4 u to be at the interview, but it is favorable. No one I know of have gotten denied, BUT there have been some who did not get an approval.They were asked to come back with their fiancee or to bring in more proof of relationship. Tymoore just had an interview for her fiance and he was told that she had to come back with him in order to get the visa. Its caused her some issues as she too is out of vaca and money. So i suggest either you pack your fiance with lots of proof of relationship or fly down. It is definitley much easier at Kingston when the spouse is present.

:blush:Thanks. I think I'll stay here for now, and If I'm needed, I'll have to figure out a way to go back. I'd also hate to get there and they're closed and rescheduling interviews due to the tropical storm. I'd have to figure out how I'm going to get there yet again.

Timeline

:blush:Thanks. I think I'll stay here for now, and If I'm needed, I'll have to figure out a way to go back. I'd also hate to get there and they're closed and rescheduling interviews due to the tropical storm. I'd have to figure out how I'm going to get there yet again.

I am suspose to fly out of LA tomorrow night to Ja. We have our interview on Tues Sept 2nd as well. But I am worried it will be closed and don't know what to do. I don't know how to find out! If anyone knows anything please call me ASAP 619-793-5920 Also we have to reschedule our interview date anyways because we didn't get our interview date until last monday we had nothing prepared so we were going to go to interview to re-schedule anyways. Does anyone see any problems with me not being there and my husband going to re-schedule? Will they let him in without his paperwork? Please help? SHerri

Timeline

I am suspose to fly out of LA tomorrow night to Ja. We have our interview on Tues Sept 2nd as well. But I am worried it will be closed and don't know what to do. I don't know how to find out! If anyone knows anything please call me ASAP 619-793-5920 Also we have to reschedule our interview date anyways because we didn't get our interview date until last monday we had nothing prepared so we were going to go to interview to re-schedule anyways. Does anyone see any problems with me not being there and my husband going to re-schedule? Will they let him in without his paperwork? Please help? SHerri

I believe all he needs appointment letter to get into the Embassy, did he receive that yet? Is it possible to call and reschedule? I've only communitcated with the Ebassy through e-mail thus far. It normally takes them a few days to anwer my questions though. My fiance believes Tuesday interviews will be a go. He said the winds are dying down and stores etc... are reopening, he's always the positive thinker. Let me know what happens! Good luck[/font]

Timeline

u should be just fine...i had almost the same issue..had a trip just b4 interview b/c i just couldn't wait anymore..but hubby went by himself prepapred with his binder..they didn't give him a hard time at all..they asked for nothing and he got thru...what i have noticed though they are requesting K1 w/o fiance to bring in the fiance then they approve the visa..u should be just fine :thumbs:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.