Tunisia216

"Tunisia : new kid on the block"

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Kath: Remember when the Algerians trashed Sousse after that soccer match? LOL I am sure Tunezians are still mad! I remember when I was Tunis (long time ago before marrying my husband/coming to DZ) we were at this resturant and the owner was agruing with these ppl saying he doesn't serve Algerians! I didn't know what that was about (then) but i do now!

Filed: Timeline
Kath: Remember when the Algerians trashed Sousse after that soccer match? LOL I am sure Tunezians are still mad! I remember when I was Tunis (long time ago before marrying my husband/coming to DZ) we were at this resturant and the owner was agruing with these ppl saying he doesn't serve Algerians! I didn't know what that was about (then) but i do now!

:star: I was in la marsa last may in the plaza thats close to the masjid and there were these really young tunisian guys sitting at the coffee table with their older french boyfriend sugar daddy and he was running his hand under his shorts ( the french old guy) This is pretty common there ( the whole kept younger man thing) I saw alot of women in their 60s from germany and france with 20 something boyfriends. Tunis reeks of this kind of thing... its so tied up with german charters that even the resort I stayed at spoke almost entirely german. They cater to the charter groups and along with that comes the whole sugar momma and daddy thing/// which to each their own. but for them to act hypocritical about serving algerians when they are selling sex all over the place and catering to sex tourism is just ridiculous. I am only talking about Tunis and its environs. I don t know anything about the other parts but north central is pretty much in the open and anything you want you can buy,including borderline pedophilic relationships and really huge age disparity relationships (40 years and no I am not kidding) For any of them to treat algerians as bad as they do is just silly. The algerians support their economy to a huge extent with their tourism. I want to gag when they act holier than thou. They really did rip off my husband with everything from taxix to coffees to tees. They treated me quite well but I was so disgusted with the way they treated him with racism and disrespect that I blatantly told some of them that after 4 times, I would never ever recommend tunisia as a tourist destination. Morocco is far more interesting, terrain diverse and polite. Tunisia feels like a big brothel in the middle of a sandbox with tourists all over the place groping college students and 70 year old women reliving 40 years ago. Morocco has more historic places and doesnt ####### itself out./// I cant for the life of me understand chooing tunisia over morocco.. algerians have to go there because the morocco border is closed... but they are abused by every tunisian they come across...

Timeline

I love your very true descriptions K! And not that it doesn't happen here ... but I hate those "sugar mommas" "sugar daddies" all over Tunis and Morocco. Sure, it happens here ... but as much as there! Have you been to the south? Allahu leiberek really!

I love your very true descriptions K! And not that it doesn't happen here ... but I hate those "sugar mommas" "sugar daddies" all over Tunis and Morocco. Sure, it happens here ... but as much as there! Have you been to the south? Allahu leiberek really!

I dont really care what anyone does. I just care when they are very holier than thou about how they dont serve algerians when this stuff is going on all over the place. I mean for someone to tell me Algeria is such a bad place when all this stuff is going on is weird. I will say one thing, the security in Tunis is pretty tight. They sensor the internet, they arrest people the minute they smell anything strange and their security is like 1980s russia . After the bombing in 2002 in the island of djerba that killed a bunch of tourists, they take everything very seriously. I m not a fan of Tunis for many reasons but it wasnt always so. The country feels very secure when you walk around but you can sense all kinds of undercurrents that have a nasty taste. They are frankly racist and nasty to Algerians and that goes back along time to the colonial era and couple that with the Algerians that relocated there during the Algerian war and have visited afterwards. They dont want Algerian tourism > They want the richer europeans and their money but thats no reason to act so rude and nasty to Algerians visiting considering they have always visited and the europeans have come in the last 20 years.Algeria is physically the largest and møst dramatically beautiful of the 3 but its security is in the toilet and its hard to think tourism when you know buses are getting blown up and foreign workers killed. I saw none of this in the west but everytime I look at the news, something is happening in eastern algeria. This doesnt bode well for tourism. But Algeria's sites are 4 times as majestic as Tunisia, its just too dangerous to take tourists there in a large scale. Can you imagine some sandal wearing pot bellied germans wandering around lets say BOUMERDES? Or some 60 year old trying to pick up an islamist./.. oh yeah that would go over well. NOT. Tunisia is doing a fine job courting the euro . By all means continue. LOL

Timeline

Some very good points ... and I agree with all of them! Tourism here, so matter how they *try* to push will never fly. And not only due to the terrorism but also the attitude of Algerians - they just don't want it! Basically only tourism here is in Tipaza and the Sahara (the few only who dare) ... Unfortunate for foreigners but forunate for Algerians again you are right Algeria has 4x more amazin sites ... literally everything here in Algeria ... sand, sea, sun, mountains, forests, spas, etc! Vive l'Algerie!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

hi there, im really chocked and sad as a tunisian to hear u talking like this about us, calling us rasist,for how long did u stay in tunisia, how much do u know about this country to talk about it like this, if u dont like it dont visit it , if we were that rasist we wouldnt allow 2millions algerian to come visit us every summer,the bond between algerian and tunisian is so tight and im sure that u dont know anything about it so plz save ur nasty words to urself.

Timeline

Sorry to say but it is common knowledge that many Tunezians dislike Algerians ... and Algerians are known to cause troubles so it easy to see why! Remember Sousse? But anyway, I am knocking Tunis or Tunezians as my best friend is Tunezian!

And BTW money usually overshadows things like racism ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

yes henia, i knwo that, but this doesnt mean that we hate algerians it is unfair to say that, we r the only people who know how to deal with them cz we hav so much in commun, for ages it is known that algerians and tunisians get along so well, they stand up for each other they help each other, wt they did in sousse is nothing compared to wt they did here in my home town "sfax", they went crazy after loosing that match against morrocco and they did horrible things but that doesnt mean we hate them, i swear i was in hammamet and sousse this summer and they were so crowded with our brothers from algeria, all the restaurants had an algerian and tunisian flag on the top of them, algerian music was all over the place, i hav many friends from there i admit it is hard to deal with them sometimes but they r good people, they stand up for u when u need to. any way she said that she noticed that some restaurants didnt want to serve algerian well i hav to tell u this sometimes they dont serve tunisian if they feel they r troubles maker, here in my city many of the algerian spent a whole week eating and drinking for free 1)cz they dont want to pay 2) cz after a couple of days all the restaurants were closed and tunisian families were giving them food for free,

when i say u dont know this country i mean it cz all over the west side of tunisia, the bond goes to another level family level,they r our cousins so it real hurt to hear an outsider like u talk about us like that,

and when u talk about how young tunisian get involved with old tourists, it happens every where and i think u didnt respect some of the mena people by judging that kind of relationship teh way u did , we saw it even here a huge age difference, but i guess people r free to do wt they think it is right for them, it is so ridiculous talking about all this u just made tunisian people look as evils, well after all i can understand ur jealousy , take care

Timeline

I said *dislike* not hate ... and I didn't say racist either ... and I also don't assume every Tunezians is the same, as every Algerian isn't the same! But understandable why resturants don't serve troublemakers ... mind you I live here so I have neough experience with them!

And about the young ppl ... it's only in Tunis ... everywhere ... Tunis, Morocco, Egypt, Algeria ... everywhere ... but anyway you are going to see/read what you want ... so no point to agrue!

Algerians in Tunisia. I met more Algerians in Sousse, Nabuel, and Hamammet than I saw Tunisians :D

Looks like they are having a GREAT time. :unsure:

For not liking Algerians, the shop keepers sure are playing Algerian music for them as they shop?

Everything is more expensive right now... it's the global economy and costs are going up and up... But Tunisia is still a hot Tourist destination and you can do it for cheap, even if you are not with a Tunisian, as long as you go smart. You can have nice resorts on the beach and a good time and not spend a lot of money, it is totally possible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.