psychosweetie

will i need a dswd clearance?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
hello,

i have kids from my former marriage. i just want to know if anybody out there is in the same situation? will i be asked to provide a DSWD clearance before i can bring my kids along? thanks in advance. :star:

Hi,

I don't know what you call a DSWD clearance. But.

In my case, my daughter will follow me as a K2.

I just received my packet 3 from Paris embassy, and, for the K2, they ask for a notarized letter that the other parent agree that the child will go to the US. They ask also to have a notarized photo identification from the other parent. It mean that the other parent has to also get a notarized photocopy of his/her passport.

In my case, i add to this the court order who says that my daughter has to live with me and that the father agree with our move to the US.

I hope it will help you.

Yoko

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hello,

i have kids from my former marriage. i just want to know if anybody out there is in the same situation? will i be asked to provide a DSWD clearance before i can bring my kids along? thanks in advance. :star:

Hello if u were from Philippines and u r the biological mother of the 2 kids,u dont need the DSWD...I called the dswd office and confirmed that,,hope this info will help!!!

God bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

Filed: Timeline
hello,

Hello if u were from Philippines and u r the biological mother of the 2 kids,u dont need the DSWD...I called the dswd office and confirmed that,,hope this info will help!!!

God bless,

Irene

Me and my fiancee thank you!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with lokashadow04:

you don't need DSWD clearance if your the biological mother of the children...but i think you need to get a Travel to Consent from the biological father of your children and have it notarized...coz you will need that....

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To be specific with the documents: it is called AFFIDAVIT OF CONSENT TO TRAVEL

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

I agree with lokashadow04:

you don't need DSWD clearance if your the biological mother of the children...but i think you need to get a Travel to Consent from the biological father of your children and have it notarized...coz you will need that....

oh ok. thank you so much. you have been a great help. :star:

hello,

Hi,

I don't know what you call a DSWD clearance. But.

In my case, my daughter will follow me as a K2.

I just received my packet 3 from Paris embassy, and, for the K2, they ask for a notarized letter that the other parent agree that the child will go to the US. They ask also to have a notarized photo identification from the other parent. It mean that the other parent has to also get a notarized photocopy of his/her passport.

In my case, i add to this the court order who says that my daughter has to live with me and that the father agree with our move to the US.

I hope it will help you.

Yoko

thank you for your help. i really appreciate it.

hello,

God bless,

Irene

thank you so much for the info. i really appreacite it. we just snt our I-129f and it will be a long wait i know. i hope i can always count on you for future question i might want to ask? thanks again :dance:

Timeline
hello,

God bless,

Irene

thank you so much for the info. i really appreacite it. we just snt our I-129f and it will be a long wait i know. i hope i can always count on you for future question i might want to ask? thanks again :dance:

I asked also DSWD if im gonna need that affidavit of consent but they told me that i dont need it coz iam the biological mother,my son and i wil be leaving soon goin to TX,,,pero para walang hassle why not get that affidavit of consent to the father of ur kids so that way just incase na hanapin u already have it in ur hands,pero ako hinde na ako nagpagawa ng affidavit kasi DSWD naman na nagsabi sa akin na hinde na kailangan,as long as ur the biological mother they only ask that affidavit kung guardian ang kasama ng kids...!!!

thanks and god bless,

Irene

Prayer is the best to start a day...A day for us to have faith to face trials & value what life is....!!! have a nice day to everyone!!!!

LokaShadow04

hello,i have kids from my former marriage. i just want to know if anybody out there is in the same situation? will i be asked to provide a DSWD clearance before i can bring my kids along?  thanks in advance. :star:
Hello if u were from Philippines and u r the biological mother of the 2 kids,u dont need the DSWD...I called the dswd office and confirmed that,,hope this info will help!!!God bless,Irene
thank you so much for the info. i really appreacite it.  we just snt our I-129f and it will be a long wait i know. i hope i can always count on you for future question i might want to ask? thanks again :dance:
I asked also DSWD if im gonna need that affidavit of consent but they told me that i dont need it coz iam the biological mother,my son and i wil be leaving soon goin to TX,,,pero para walang hassle why not get that affidavit of consent to the father of ur kids so that way just incase na hanapin u already have it in ur hands,pero ako hinde na ako nagpagawa ng affidavit kasi DSWD naman na nagsabi sa akin na hinde na kailangan,as long as ur the biological mother they only ask that affidavit kung guardian ang kasama ng kids...!!!thanks and god bless,Irene
We have opted for the CR1/CR2 route after getting our I130 NOA2.  My concern is my 5-year old daughter.  Her father and I were never married and he has not given any support for her nor has she made much effort to see her, nor does his name appear in her birth certificate.  She has been with me since birth.  When I first applied for her passport in 2003, I was asked to execute an affidavit of illegitimacy but was not looked for when I renewed it.My question is, would I need additional documentation when I give her DS-230 to NVC?

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

hello,i have kids from my former marriage. i just want to know if anybody out there is in the same situation? will i be asked to provide a DSWD clearance before i can bring my kids along?  thanks in advance. :star:
Hello if u were from Philippines and u r the biological mother of the 2 kids,u dont need the DSWD...I called the dswd office and confirmed that,,hope this info will help!!!God bless,Irene
thank you so much for the info. i really appreacite it.  we just snt our I-129f and it will be a long wait i know. i hope i can always count on you for future question i might want to ask? thanks again :dance:
I asked also DSWD if im gonna need that affidavit of consent but they told me that i dont need it coz iam the biological mother,my son and i wil be leaving soon goin to TX,,,pero para walang hassle why not get that affidavit of consent to the father of ur kids so that way just incase na hanapin u already have it in ur hands,pero ako hinde na ako nagpagawa ng affidavit kasi DSWD naman na nagsabi sa akin na hinde na kailangan,as long as ur the biological mother they only ask that affidavit kung guardian ang kasama ng kids...!!!thanks and god bless,Irene
We have opted for the CR1/CR2 route after getting our I130 NOA2.  My concern is my 5-year old daughter.  Her father and I were never married and he has not given any support for her nor has she made much effort to see her, nor does his name appear in her birth certificate.  She has been with me since birth.  When I first applied for her passport in 2003, I was asked to execute an affidavit of illegitimacy but was not looked for when I renewed it.My question is, would I need additional documentation when I give her DS-230 to NVC?

Can anybody help?

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Timeline

Can anybody help?

Nope u dont need it sis.as long as ur not married to the biological father,and tell them since birth u have no contact with him,i never have any issue on my application and also during my interview at USEM,the CO just asked me when was the last time i saw my son biological father,,then i answered like 6 yrs ago,,then thats it,i also called DSWD and they said no need for affidavit of consent from the father...

Hope this help sis,

God bless,

Irene

LokaShadow04

Since the biological father is not on the birth certificate, then you won't need to get a letter of consent from him. Just be sure to have a certified copy of your child's birth certificate on your carry on when you leave the Philippines.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.