LarryW

NVC Process after NOA2

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Having just received our NOA2, I went to the NVC section of the VJ forum for the first time. Now, I am confused?

I see many timelines here that say on a certain date NOA2 received, a few days later NVC received, a few days to weeks later Counsulate Office received and packet 3 sent to fiance ..... and, I thought (and hoped) that this was how it was supposed to go. But, now when I look on the NVC forum, for some reason there it seems that the process through NVC is so much more complicated than that .... with the AOS and the payment of fees, and the I-864 and DS-3032 and DS-230 ... and the suggestions for shortcuts through what sounds like a complicated and long NVC process???

So, now I am confused ... which is it? Is it a straightforward process where my application will go to NVC and be automatically (assuming everything is in order) get forwarded on to Manilla without any further forms or fees required from me ..... OR ..... do I (and/or my finace) need to now be working on filling out all of these other forms and fees for NVC, and having them ready to go to speed up the NVC process??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

K1's dont need to do anything. NVC processes your petition and sends it off to the Consulate.

You're reading about spousal visa information.

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will you need you NVC letter or email to get medical? I think no need to schedule the medical, just need appropriate documents, passport and NVC letter. Then just show up.

Can you pay ur Delbros now, or do u need to wait?

Ronnie

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Having just received our NOA2, I went to the NVC section of the VJ forum for the first time. Now, I am confused?

I see many timelines here that say on a certain date NOA2 received, a few days later NVC received, a few days to weeks later Counsulate Office received and packet 3 sent to fiance ..... and, I thought (and hoped) that this was how it was supposed to go. But, now when I look on the NVC forum, for some reason there it seems that the process through NVC is so much more complicated than that .... with the AOS and the payment of fees, and the I-864 and DS-3032 and DS-230 ... and the suggestions for shortcuts through what sounds like a complicated and long NVC process???

So, now I am confused ... which is it? Is it a straightforward process where my application will go to NVC and be automatically (assuming everything is in order) get forwarded on to Manilla without any further forms or fees required from me ..... OR ..... do I (and/or my finace) need to now be working on filling out all of these other forms and fees for NVC, and having them ready to go to speed up the NVC process??

For the K1, during the NVC, you do nothing. Then it will be FWD'd to the Manila Embassy. She will receive a letter from them indicating they have it and she should begin preparing for both the medical exam and embassy interview. The medical is first come/first serve walk in; but, you will have to call to schedule for the interview. There are more fees and applications. I am going through this particular phase now. The following links from the US embassy Manila helped seemed easy enough...

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3219.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3220.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

I Am My Beloved's, My Beloved Is Mine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.