Sacha

Service Centre Phone Number

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance has been calling this number 1-800-375-5283 for an update on our case. We received NOA1 on 13th March 2006 and since then have been waiting for NOA2.

We've been calling the above number but kept on getting through to an automated voice message, which basically repeats exactly what's on the website. We just need to talk to a real person!!!

How did some of you manage to get through to a real person? Is the number we've been calling correct? Are there any other numbers we could use?

Anyone filing from the Texas centre and managed to get through to someone, can you tell me how to contact them please?

Many thanks

Frustrated

2nd March 2006 - I-129F Sent

13th March 2006 - NOA1 & Cheque cashed

30th June 2006 - Received RFE re IMBRA

3rd July 2006 - Mailed RFE to CSC

4th July 2006 - Touched re RFE

5th July 2006 - Touched

18th July 2006 - Touched confirmed receipt for RFE. #######?! I know they received the RFE on 4th July!! Skanks!!!

17th August 2006 - NOA2 finally!!!

11th September 2006 - Package 3 sent to US Consulate (DS-230 part 1, DS-156, DS-156K)

8th October 2006 - Sent checklist to Consulate to confirm that all documents are available for interview

13th October 2006 - Medical (11:30am) - Friday 13th Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!

7th December 2006 - Interview at 10am

7th December 2006 - Consular requested "Proof of non-existence of birth certificate"

15th December 2006 - Courier picked up "Proof of non existence of birth certficate" - what I did? I contacted my lawyer in Vietnam and asked him to search for my NON-EXISTENCE birth certificate and had him write an affidavit of his finding. What a waste of time and money!!

22nd December 2006 - K1 Approved. Finally!

www.johnandtuyen.com

Character is destiny

I've seen the directions around somewhere, I'm sure another VJer will post it if they know it :)

But this is only a general "customer helpline" there is no direct phone number to the service centre, so you won't be able to talk to anyone actually working on the cases.

p.s - is it the NOA2 you want to talk about? I havn't got mine yet, NOA1 also march 13th. Everywhere is pretty quiet at the moment :(

Edited by KaiserD
mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Timeline

Yes, I'm waiting for my NOA2. I know it may take a while longer due to this IBMR #### up, but I was hoping to be able to talk to someone who would be able to give us an indication of how far along the line our application is... :unsure:

5th July 2006 - Touched

18th July 2006 - Touched confirmed receipt for RFE. #######?! I know they received the RFE on 4th July!! Skanks!!!

11th September 2006 - Package 3 sent to US Consulate (DS-230 part 1, DS-156, DS-156K)

8th October 2006 - Sent checklist to Consulate to confirm that all documents are available for interview

7th December 2006 - Consular requested "Proof of non-existence of birth certificate"

15th December 2006 - Courier picked up "Proof of non existence of birth certficate" - what I did? I contacted my lawyer in Vietnam and asked him to search for my NON-EXISTENCE birth certificate and had him write an affidavit of his finding. What a waste of time and money!!

www.johnandtuyen.com

Character is destiny

Have you tried using the immigration timeline?

The last person from CSC/TSC to get their NOA2 was globetrotter, who is about the same date as us.

There is also some people before though who havn't got it still, which is just proof of how unorganised they are. I know it's a hard wait but there's people who have been waiting a lot longer than us. I find it so hard to be patient. There are days when it hurts soooo much, but what can ya do?

I told my mum it's like a kid at the beginning of december waiting for christmas, so close yet so far, an agonising wait that you can't take your mind off!

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Timeline

I agree with you, it's really frustrating!!

All I want to know is whether they've even looked at my application!!

KaiserD - Good luck with yours.

5th July 2006 - Touched

www.johnandtuyen.com

Character is destiny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I agree with you, it's really frustrating!!

All I want to know is whether they've even looked at my application!!

KaiserD - Good luck with yours.

after they message press 3 to continue and get someone

09-14-2010 Boston's biggest ceremony of naturalization, I'm a citizen now! :)

1.png

Hi guys..

we had similar experience with that.

it is damn hard to get through to them!

dont be too worried though, it is only 2 months u re waiting, thats nothing to worry about yet B)

but if u dont hear anything from them in the next month or so, send them an email.

and if u still dont hear anything of them after that, and u re really worried- it is possible to contact the house of representatives of your city. ask for the department of immigration.

but seriously dont worry :D .---the first time we applied it took them 2 and a half months for the NOA2

i wish u the best of luck

serce24

Aug. 1999: met and fell in love

Aug. 2000: engagement

Jan. 2005: filed for K1

March 2005: NOA 2/ August Interview

May 2005: had to cancel K1 =(

Sept. 2005: filed (again) for K1

Okt. 2005: NOA1

Nov. 2005: touched

May 2006: contacted house of representatives- for help

19.May 2006: received letter from member of congress that they have found out that our case has been denied due to outdated proof. We never received any info from the service centre itself; they did never ask us for any new additional proof or information

19/20/21..Mai 2006: LOADS of worries!!!

22.May: first contact with immigration lawyer

30.May: email from USCIS: petition approved March,11,2005- petition referred to National Visa Centre for processing- Petition referred to Consulate- Department of State did not issue a visa!

June 2006: applied again for K1 with the help of congressman

Sept 2006: contacted senator...no further help

Febr 2007: still no info---nothinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Filed: Timeline
My fiance has been calling this number 1-800-375-5283 for an update on our case. We received NOA1 on 13th March 2006 and since then have been waiting for NOA2.

We've been calling the above number but kept on getting through to an automated voice message, which basically repeats exactly what's on the website. We just need to talk to a real person!!!

How did some of you manage to get through to a real person? Is the number we've been calling correct? Are there any other numbers we could use?

Anyone filing from the Texas centre and managed to get through to someone, can you tell me how to contact them please?

Many thanks

Frustrated

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm still waiting for my NOA2 from CSC/TSC and my NOA1 date is February 2. I spoke with someone via the 1.800 number, but they were able to offer absolutely no additional information. Basically, it's just waiting, waiting, and more waiting. Good luck though!

Naturalization (N-400)

5/17/2010 application sent to Texas Lockbox

5/20/2010 check cashed

5/25/2010 NOA

6/07/2010 biometrics letter received

6/16/2010 biometrics appointment

Filed: Timeline

hi, I just read your question and don't worry, it used to happens, well anyway, you can chose the option number 2 (after you chose the language, it says option number one: if you have a case aproved or denied , wich is not your case, or if you already are a permanent resident wich is not your case either, so go ahead with the option number 2: you have a pending case that you already filed with us... chose this option number and then it will be able for you to speak with a person, but you'll have to wait between 20 or 30 minutes or more to talk with someone.

Once you get finnaly to talk with someone they'll ask yo0u some questions about you or your case just to be sure that you push the right option, then Explain them that your application was already sent, when you sent them and tell them that you need to know about your case status besides the information that they gave you on the option 6 of this menu, you can give them your case number again, or just give them the information that you have written on your last notice of appointment, if they don't know anything... you could go ahead and write a letter to the USCIS service , I mean the office wich is taking your case,ok?(sent them the copies of your notice appointment or if you send them the original be sure of asking them to send them back to you.

Sometimes from the moment when you send some applicattions it takes between 120 or 180 days to get some result, everything depends of what kind of case they are working with.

if you live in Texas or anywhere...mh... sorry there is no way to get a different phone number , the number you dialed is right, if you are really very very worried the last advice that I could give you:

maybe you could make a infopass appointment on line just to go to the Uscis where they have your case and then in person go and ask them about your case, but this doesn't guarantee you that your case will be faster or that they'll give you the information you need.

There is a web site where you can check the list of appointments, you can use the number of your case and check it online ,you can also get the address where to write them a letter or where to make the appointment online.

www.uscis.gov

here you can find some information.

ok I hope this helps you.

bye bye.

ok, I hope this help you,

bye bye.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what i understand is the texas center forwards all k1 petitions to the california center for processing.

I sent my petition on 4/19 and they recieved it and forwarded it to cali.and the NOA1 reciept date was dated 4/21/06 and notice date was 4/27.

Last time it was touched was on 5/1/06 and still waiting to see what happens next.

Its so hard waiting like this when there is so many illegals just walking across the border and getting in easy.

Something is really wrong with our govt. that they will make this process so hard when someone is doing everything by the books.

Edited by gobdogman

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

My lawyer sent in our 1-130 (1st part of k3) almost 7 weeks, no cehck has been cashed and no receipt??? Is this normal..what should i do.. It was supposed to go to TX svc center too.. Help I am frustrated..

I-130

--------

04-24-2006 : Mailed I-30 (husband) via lawyer

05-23-2006 : Receipt date

06-09-2006 : I-130 Received by NSC

06-13-2006 : Touched

06-20-2006 : Check cleared

09-14-2006 : Touched finally!!

09-19-2006 : RFE email sent...a little nervous

12-08-2006: Divorce decree sent in (RFE) Lawyer just informed us !!

12-11-2006: RFE recvd

12-12-2006: Touched

12-15-2006: Touched

12-19-2006: APPROVED!!!! NOW WHAT?

129F / K3

--------

06-26-2006: Mailed I-129F via lawyer

07-03-2006: Receipt date

07-06-2006: I-129F Received by MSC

88-17-2006: Approved!!!!!!!!

08-19-2006: Touched

08-29-2006: NVC case number assigned

08-29-2006: left NVC on it's way to Johannesburg!!! :)

09-05-2006: Received by US Embassy in Johannesburg

09-19-2006: Packet is on its way to us

09-21-2006: Packet received..medical appointment made for 10-8-2006 in Joburg

10-08-2006: Medical appointment

10-13-2006: Appointent letter received

10-18-2006: Interview

10-25-2006: ARRIVAL into USA!!!

AOS / EAD

------------

11-02-2006: AOS/EAD mailed to Chicago

11-03-2006: UPS delivery - USCIS Receives AOS & EAD

11-08-2006: NOA received for AOS & EAD

11-09-2006: EAD touched

11-15-2006: AOS touched

11-20-2006: EAD touched

12-12-2006: Appointment for Biometrics EAD and AOS!!

01-22-2007: EAD touched

01-24-2007: EAD touched

01-25-2007: EAD touched

01-25-2007: EAD APPROVED!!!!

01-29-2007: EAD touched

04-16-2007: AOS interview and approved!! Green card being mailed 4-19-07!!

GOT IT!! woo hoo!

I-751 Lifiting of conditons

-----------------------------

1/16/2009: mailed to Vermont Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.