STEPHnRIA

My horrible interview story at USEM

92 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is exactly why I am flying back for the interview this week. Michelle is very shy. I don't want to have something like this happen to her without me there to defend her. This woman should have been terminated on the spot. The scary thing is that people like this ultimately have our lives and futures in their hands, but don't seem to care. Maybe the embassy needs to re-assess their hiring and training practices in the future. People like this shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about other peoples lives. She's obviously got some serious mental issues to deal with. But anyway congrats on finally getting through the interview. :thumbs:

when i had my interview there are some filipinas with their USC fiance/hubby. we noticed that they took long during the pre screeening and inside the room compare to the filipinos who goes by themselves only.

if i may suggest...dont show up to the CO or pre screener with ur USC partner UNLESS an emergency situation happens that needs the USC's presence.

hmmmm..sound weird for me, i mean heres your Man for you on your big day, i cant understand why theyre not making it big deal!!!

i hope they try to appreciate how hard, i mean spending time, money, effort for our Fiance to get here, just to be with us,

i hope theyll realize, and make it as big deal!!!!

cus they really dont require the USC to be present during the interview. so i guess we cant blame them if they say they just want the "applicant" inside...

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is exactly why I am flying back for the interview this week. Michelle is very shy. I don't want to have something like this happen to her without me there to defend her. This woman should have been terminated on the spot. The scary thing is that people like this ultimately have our lives and futures in their hands, but don't seem to care. Maybe the embassy needs to re-assess their hiring and training practices in the future. People like this shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about other peoples lives. She's obviously got some serious mental issues to deal with. But anyway congrats on finally getting through the interview. :thumbs:

when i had my interview there are some filipinas with their USC fiance/hubby. we noticed that they took long during the pre screeening and inside the room compare to the filipinos who goes by themselves only.

if i may suggest...dont show up to the CO or pre screener with ur USC partner UNLESS an emergency situation happens that needs the USC's presence.

hmmmm..sound weird for me, i mean heres your Man for you on your big day, i cant understand why theyre not making it big deal!!!

i hope they try to appreciate how hard, i mean spending time, money, effort for our Fiance to get here, just to be with us,

cus they really dont require the USC to be present during the interview. so i guess we cant blame them if they say they just want the "applicant" inside...

i understand about that....its upside down now, before ive heard its better if you have your Man on your interview, and now waaaaa.....

theyre scary!!!..wheew...i hope everything fine for all of us waiting for our big day!!!

Timeline
What happened to me, my fiancee and my son felt like what you read in comics or watch in tv (sitcoms or soap opera) so I will make it sound like it so it will be easier for me.

SCENE 1- Arrived at USEM around 6:45AM

SCENE2- Finished with finger scanning and pre-screener

SCENE3- After waiting for 3 hours for our number to be called for the interview with the consulate, my fiancee was getting aggravated as to why its taking them so long. We were with a three year old kid who did his best to entertain himself. My son woke up at 5am, did not eat breakfast and bored out of his wits. My fiancee played with him and held him the whole time so I can focus on the interview. At around 11am we were called at window 29. My fiancee was the first to enter and the consul said right away,"Only the two applicants please and you may just wait outside." So my fiancee gave me my son and said he will be just waiting outside. The lady consul assigned to me has blonde curly hair, wearing glasses and fat. (I was gonna say chubby but she was so rude and mean so...)

After the oath blah blah, we srtated with the interview. First she looked at my son who was sitting in my lap and asked "Who is his father?" So I said "His father is (name)." Then she said "Who is (name)? I said my ex husband. My son was singing Bob the Builder and playing with the speakers and finger scanner so the lady consul said,"Look! I know he is a kid but you have to make him stop!" So I talked to my son and told him that I need him to sit still and be quiet so we can finish and go home. She asked me to sit my son at the oppsite chair. Then she asked who my petitioner is...blah blah. The she asked " How long did you stay in Tampa?" I said "For that year, one...1 and half month ( I was going to add... and another one was 19 days) but she interrupted me, saying "You were there for a year???" I replied "I said one was 1 and a half month." The lady consull said"I heard you said one year and you are under oath. You are lying! Do u realize that I would know if you are telling a lie because I will check your papers and know if you were a TNT in the US! You are not allowed to stay in the US for more than 6 months!" So I told her... "Be my guest! I was never a TNT in the US! My 2 old passports are with you even the letter of approval of my I-94 extension from the USCIS! Then she asked me how I could afford to be in the US for 7 months cuz even she can't afford to do that without working there in the US, so I told her I have shares in the family corporation where I get dividend income every month and I have my franchised business (Chowking) where I have reliable managers. While we were talking about this freaking TNT thing, I didn't know that my son was playing with my purse, he managed to get my wallet, played with my credit cards and money and dropped it at the window. Then the lady consul stood up and just screamed..."Oh my God! She is giving me money for VISA!!!" I was like... "What???" Then I saw one 500 peso bill and one 20 peso bill that my son put in the window. She raised both her hands and made a scene inside.She was kinda hysterical. I took the money away and hugged my son cuz he got scared with the lady's reaction and when I looked up, there were like 6 heads at the window looking at me and my son. Then the lady consul was pointing at us (mic was turned off) and was talking to a male consul. I couldn't hear her so I tried to do lip reading and with her body language, it seemed like she was telling him that I WAS TRYING TO BRIBE HER! So I yelled, "That is not true! That is not what happened!" Then she turned to me and said..."SHUT UP! Im not talking to you!" Then I could see the male consul trying to to calm her down then he turned on the mic and he asked me..." Maam, what did just happen?" So I said, "We were having the interview and didnt notice that my son played with my purse and put money in the window." Then I said, "Can I just call in my fiancee so that he can hold my son while I do this interview? Then she yelled a big "NOOOOO!!!" Then after some discussions inside she finally sat back at her chair and turned on the mic. She said " The interview is over! You have displayed an extremely unacceptable behaviour. Please don't do that again!" I knew what she was trying do...make it seem like I was really trying to buy her. So I said in a loud and clear voice "You know very well that is not what happened. I did not do anything wrong!" So she said, "Please get out before I call the guards!" So at that moment, I realized I will not win with this crazy woman so I stood up, picked up my son and went out. My fiancee was waiting outside and he heard the commotion inside the room. He asked me what happened as he saw that I was about to burst in tears so I told him right away. He was fuming mad saying "You gotta be kidding me! This is not happening! Im not taking this!" So he went to a window...(I don't know what window) and demanded to speak to a supervisor. The lady whom he was talking to asked him, "Is your fiancee done with the interview?" Then he answered, "What interview? You call that an interview?! I don't know what happened inside but you made a 3 year old child wait for three hours, and go with his mother inside while she does the interview. I was not allowed to be there, but a three year old child has no business being there too as he has nothing to say. He is tired, hungry and bored! So I demand that my fiancee be given a second inerview. This time without the child in the room and with a different consul!" So we waited until finally our number was called again. The interview was with a different consul and it went smoothly. She asked questions which I answered. ( I won't go into details anymore as this story is getting long.) Then when she said, that's all and wait for my name to called, I asked "May I know the outcome of this interview?" Then she said " Its not for me to decide." Then after a few minutes, we were called to go inside the room again. (We were the only ones left there.) Inside the room was a male consul in his 40's. He introduced himself as the chief of the consulates there. He was nice, a complete opposite of the 1st lady consul. He apologized for the "rough morning" and explained that the lady consul was just scared to lose her job. After going through my papers again, asking me questions and typing something. He also asked my fiancee a few questions. Then back to typing again. I saw him writing something in blue sheet then I realized... ITS A BLUE SHEET! Oh my GOD! But my fiancee was smiling at me so I whispered to him... That's a blue sheet!!! Then he mouthed an Its OK! Don't worry! So the chief consul looked at my fiancee and said "Technically speaking, you're fiancee is not eligible for the visa because she was married when it was approved. But since it is annulled now, in Philippines, it is as if it never existed. "So based on your documents...(the chief consul turned to look at me), there is no reason why you won't be getting your visa in three weeks!" I was just stunned and for a moment, my mind went blank. My fiancee repeated " So you mean, they (my son and I)are getting their visas in three weeks?" Then he said," Well, if I could only give it now but the thing is, since this annulment is new, you need to have this registered at the NSO. So her record should say that she is free to marry and more or less that will take three weeks. So just pay the Php650 and the delivery." At that moment, my fiancee and I looked at each other and just hugged tight. We thanked the consul profusely and left the room.

We had no time to celebrate. When we got home, my fiancee and son fell asleep right away and it was already dark when they woke up. As for me, I couldn't sleep as I kept on seeing the lady consul everytime I close my eyes. Anyway, my fiancee and I realized that I was being denied by the 1st consul. The blue sheet that I saw was the paper that we were supposed to get but the chief consul reversed the decision. And one more thing, if not for my son playing with my purse and putting money in that window, I will be stuck with that mean consul and not get a second chance. It's a blessing in disguise. It's a miracle! God loves us so much! Thank you God!

And to my son... You are my lucky charm! I love you so much and your soon to be stepdad loves you so much!

Thank God I have a very nice consul who interviewed me..She is so mean! She maybe out in the embassy now. She acts like an undergrad..LOL

Timeline

STEPHnRIA,

Am sorry to hear about the ordeal that that woman put you and your son through. Am just thankful that you got your Visa. In my opinion, that woman should be fired!

Well, just like you my fiancee will be with me. I hope they don't give us a hard time:)

K-1 VISA

02/01/2008 Re-filed and sent I-129F to CSC via FedEx (this time assembling the petition on our own with help from our VJ Family)

02/04/2008 Received by USCIS CSC (signed for by N. La Barrie)

02/06/2008 Touched - USCIS notifies us of Withdrawal for 1st I-129F

02/27/2008 Received NOA1 / Check Encashed

06/09/2008 Received RFE Notice via Email/USCIS Website

06/11/2008 Received RFE Notice & Instructions via Mail

06/12/2008 Sent Reply to RFE via US Postal Service with Return Card

06/19/2008 Received Return Card Receipt from US Postal Service for Reply to RFE

06/25/2008 Touched

06/30/2008 Touched

06/30/2008 NOA2

07/10/2008 NVC sends Case to US Embassy, Manila

07/17/2008 Date of Confirmation Letter from USEM

07/24/2008 Receipt of Confirmation Letter via Air 21

07/29/2008 Called USEM to set Interview Date. Interview on Sept 2, 2008

07/29/2008 Paid DV Fee

08/01/2008 DV received by NSO

08/19-20/2008 Medical - PASSED

09/02/2008 Interview PASSED

09/29/2008 Visa Received

10/02/2008 Flight to LAX

10/15/2008 Wedding

AOS

12/18/2008 Filed I-485 & I-765

12/26/2008 Received by USCIS Lockbox Facility

12/31/2008 NOA1

01/13/2009 Request for Initial Evidence

Timeline

The interview is to verify that you and your fiance do have a real and honest relationship. What better proof is there, than to be standing next to her on the most important day of the entire process? If the OP's husband hadn't been there with her, she would probably have been denied, because some lady CO was having a bad day. I don't care if it takes longer, or they grill us harder. We have nothing to hide, but I will be standing right beside her the whole time just in case an emergency happens.

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Timeline

Ria,

First of all, I want to thank you for reporting this travesty and I feel very bad that you were put in this position. It really was a good thing that your fiance was there to handle this problem. I hope you will know soon if the head counsel was telling the truth or not.

I have been throwing around the thought of whether or not to go to PI for Izels interview. It will cost about $3,000 plus time off of work and I really can't afford it. I will be damned however if I am going to let one person ruin all of the hard work and time spent by Izel and myself and the postings and opinions on this board that are so valuable to go to waste because of some American Feminazi that is having a bad day!

Therefore, I think Jon said it best:

"This is exactly why I am flying back for the interview this week. Michelle is very shy. I don't want to have something like this happen to her without me there to defend her. This woman should have been terminated on the spot. The scary thing is that people like this ultimately have our lives and futures in their hands, but don't seem to care. Maybe the embassy needs to re-assess their hiring and training practices in the future. People like this shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about other peoples lives. She's obviously got some serious mental issues to deal with. But anyway congrats on finally getting through the interview.

The interview is to verify that you and your fiance do have a real and honest relationship. What better proof is there, than to be standing next to her on the most important day of the entire process? If the OP's husband hadn't been there with her, she would probably have been denied, because some lady CO was having a bad day. I don't care if it takes longer, or they grill us harder. We have nothing to hide, but I will be standing right beside her the whole time just in case an emergency happens."

With that being said, I will go to the interview for safeties sake. Even if I am not allowed in, I will still be there for support of my sweetie.

Thanks again to all who have posted as it has helped me make a decision which I was having a tough time with.

BTW, STEPHnRIA, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG...that has to be the scariest thing I've ever read. That CO was nuts. Thank goodness you got a second chance. I hope I don't get anyone like that tomorrow...yikes!

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

• 4 months later...
And one more thing, if not for my son playing with my purse and putting money in that window, I will be stuck with that mean consul and not get a second chance. It's a blessing in disguise. It's a miracle! God loves us so much! Thank you God!

I agree with you 100% on that :thumbs: I think it's wonderful that you can have such a positive attitude after a horrible experience. That woman had no right to act the way she did over a simple misunderstanding. Glad everything went through in the end!!

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline

Wow!! You are really brave!! I admire you and Congratulations.

That woman should really lose her job. There are far more better people here in US who can do that job well. People here are losing their jobs like crazy and someone deserves a job than the woman who interviewed you.

Anyways,you and your angel have a safe flight!!

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

RFE(s) : 2008-10-14

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

AOS Transfer** : Online status was not updated

Interview Date : March 11, 2009

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments : NOA for initial interview was sent January 29, 2009 and received February 5, 2009

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : San Jose CA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

Approved Date : 2008-12-05

Date Card Received : 2008-12-12

SSN

Date Filed: 2008-12-23

Date Received: 2009-01-19

State ID:

Date Filed: 2009-02-19

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I read your post days before I had my medical and interview, I was really SCARED TO DEATH.

It gave me a very scary idea on how CO's are in the Embassy.

And you are SOO BRAVE and so as your fiance.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I may say that life indeed is full of drama. But you got through it and you went perfectly fine.

HAVE A HAPPY AND BLISSFUL MARRIAGE AHEAD! :thumbs:

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

• 9 months later...
What happened to me, my fiancee and my son felt like what you read in comics or watch in tv (sitcoms or soap opera) so I will make it sound like it so it will be easier for me.

SCENE 1- Arrived at USEM around 6:45AM

SCENE2- Finished with finger scanning and pre-screener

SCENE3- After waiting for 3 hours for our number to be called for the interview with the consulate, my fiancee was getting aggravated as to why its taking them so long. We were with a three year old kid who did his best to entertain himself. My son woke up at 5am, did not eat breakfast and bored out of his wits. My fiancee played with him and held him the whole time so I can focus on the interview. At around 11am we were called at window 29. My fiancee was the first to enter and the consul said right away,"Only the two applicants please and you may just wait outside." So my fiancee gave me my son and said he will be just waiting outside. The lady consul assigned to me has blonde curly hair, wearing glasses and fat. (I was gonna say chubby but she was so rude and mean so...)

After the oath blah blah, we srtated with the interview. First she looked at my son who was sitting in my lap and asked "Who is his father?" So I said "His father is (name)." Then she said "Who is (name)? I said my ex husband. My son was singing Bob the Builder and playing with the speakers and finger scanner so the lady consul said,"Look! I know he is a kid but you have to make him stop!" So I talked to my son and told him that I need him to sit still and be quiet so we can finish and go home. She asked me to sit my son at the oppsite chair. Then she asked who my petitioner is...blah blah. The she asked " How long did you stay in Tampa?" I said "For that year, one...1 and half month ( I was going to add... and another one was 19 days) but she interrupted me, saying "You were there for a year???" I replied "I said one was 1 and a half month." The lady consull said"I heard you said one year and you are under oath. You are lying! Do u realize that I would know if you are telling a lie because I will check your papers and know if you were a TNT in the US! You are not allowed to stay in the US for more than 6 months!" So I told her... "Be my guest! I was never a TNT in the US! My 2 old passports are with you even the letter of approval of my I-94 extension from the USCIS! Then she asked me how I could afford to be in the US for 7 months cuz even she can't afford to do that without working there in the US, so I told her I have shares in the family corporation where I get dividend income every month and I have my franchised business (Chowking) where I have reliable managers. While we were talking about this freaking TNT thing, I didn't know that my son was playing with my purse, he managed to get my wallet, played with my credit cards and money and dropped it at the window. Then the lady consul stood up and just screamed..."Oh my God! She is giving me money for VISA!!!" I was like... "What???" Then I saw one 500 peso bill and one 20 peso bill that my son put in the window. She raised both her hands and made a scene inside.She was kinda hysterical. I took the money away and hugged my son cuz he got scared with the lady's reaction and when I looked up, there were like 6 heads at the window looking at me and my son. Then the lady consul was pointing at us (mic was turned off) and was talking to a male consul. I couldn't hear her so I tried to do lip reading and with her body language, it seemed like she was telling him that I WAS TRYING TO BRIBE HER! So I yelled, "That is not true! That is not what happened!" Then she turned to me and said..."SHUT UP! Im not talking to you!" Then I could see the male consul trying to to calm her down then he turned on the mic and he asked me..." Maam, what did just happen?" So I said, "We were having the interview and didnt notice that my son played with my purse and put money in the window." Then I said, "Can I just call in my fiancee so that he can hold my son while I do this interview? Then she yelled a big "NOOOOO!!!" Then after some discussions inside she finally sat back at her chair and turned on the mic. She said " The interview is over! You have displayed an extremely unacceptable behaviour. Please don't do that again!" I knew what she was trying do...make it seem like I was really trying to buy her. So I said in a loud and clear voice "You know very well that is not what happened. I did not do anything wrong!" So she said, "Please get out before I call the guards!" So at that moment, I realized I will not win with this crazy woman so I stood up, picked up my son and went out. My fiancee was waiting outside and he heard the commotion inside the room. He asked me what happened as he saw that I was about to burst in tears so I told him right away. He was fuming mad saying "You gotta be kidding me! This is not happening! Im not taking this!" So he went to a window...(I don't know what window) and demanded to speak to a supervisor. The lady whom he was talking to asked him, "Is your fiancee done with the interview?" Then he answered, "What interview? You call that an interview?! I don't know what happened inside but you made a 3 year old child wait for three hours, and go with his mother inside while she does the interview. I was not allowed to be there, but a three year old child has no business being there too as he has nothing to say. He is tired, hungry and bored! So I demand that my fiancee be given a second inerview. This time without the child in the room and with a different consul!" So we waited until finally our number was called again. The interview was with a different consul and it went smoothly. She asked questions which I answered. ( I won't go into details anymore as this story is getting long.) Then when she said, that's all and wait for my name to called, I asked "May I know the outcome of this interview?" Then she said " Its not for me to decide." Then after a few minutes, we were called to go inside the room again. (We were the only ones left there.) Inside the room was a male consul in his 40's. He introduced himself as the chief of the consulates there. He was nice, a complete opposite of the 1st lady consul. He apologized for the "rough morning" and explained that the lady consul was just scared to lose her job. After going through my papers again, asking me questions and typing something. He also asked my fiancee a few questions. Then back to typing again. I saw him writing something in blue sheet then I realized... ITS A BLUE SHEET! Oh my GOD! But my fiancee was smiling at me so I whispered to him... That's a blue sheet!!! Then he mouthed an Its OK! Don't worry! So the chief consul looked at my fiancee and said "Technically speaking, you're fiancee is not eligible for the visa because she was married when it was approved. But since it is annulled now, in Philippines, it is as if it never existed. "So based on your documents...(the chief consul turned to look at me), there is no reason why you won't be getting your visa in three weeks!" I was just stunned and for a moment, my mind went blank. My fiancee repeated " So you mean, they (my son and I)are getting their visas in three weeks?" Then he said," Well, if I could only give it now but the thing is, since this annulment is new, you need to have this registered at the NSO. So her record should say that she is free to marry and more or less that will take three weeks. So just pay the Php650 and the delivery." At that moment, my fiancee and I looked at each other and just hugged tight. We thanked the consul profusely and left the room.

We had no time to celebrate. When we got home, my fiancee and son fell asleep right away and it was already dark when they woke up. As for me, I couldn't sleep as I kept on seeing the lady consul everytime I close my eyes. Anyway, my fiancee and I realized that I was being denied by the 1st consul. The blue sheet that I saw was the paper that we were supposed to get but the chief consul reversed the decision. And one more thing, if not for my son playing with my purse and putting money in that window, I will be stuck with that mean consul and not get a second chance. It's a blessing in disguise. It's a miracle! God loves us so much! Thank you God!

And to my son... You are my lucky charm! I love you so much and your soon to be stepdad loves you so much!

I'm sorry for what you been through. If thats me maybe I already burst into tears. But anyway things happened for a reason, I agree with you it's a blessing in disguise that your child play your purse.

I still want to congratulate you for the visa approval and for how you stood up for your right.

Andrew and Evelyn

:dance::dance::dance::thumbs::yes:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

thank god u r ok at the end but u need to file a offical complain about her so she will not do to others, good luck, abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Timeline
thank god u r ok at the end but u need to file a offical complain about her so she will not do to others, good luck, abby n sheryl

Hi it feels good to read your post. Now i realize i am not alone.. Just like you i want to get over what happened to me but the faces of those old COs are stuck in my head.

Hope to meet you in the US soon. :thumbs:

~*~*~Nikki and Paul~*~*~

08/15/2006 - Met and became friends at starbucks in bay area

08/25/2006 - Fiance proposed his love (tsk tsk too fast!).

08/26/2006 - I was back in the Philippines. We started to get to know each other more online.

12/10/2006 - Officially became lovers

12/15/2006 - Holiday visit in the US - 15 days

05/19/2007 - Fiance's 1st visit in the Philippines - 12 days

12/10/2007 - Holiday visit in the US - 14 days

06/19/2008 - Fiance's 2nd visit in the Philippines - 11 days

12/10/2008 - Fiance's 3rd visit (surprise) in the Philippines - 25 days

12/15/2008 - Engagement

12/16/2008 - Received blessings from my family

12/17/2008 - Received blessings from fiance's parents thru skype video chat

05/19/2009 - Fiance's 3rd visit in the Philippines

11/07/2009 - Fiance's 4th visit in the Philippines. He wanted to come with me in the interview.

01/03/2009 - Fiance filled out and sent the I-129F.

03/12/2009 - NOA1 sent

03/18/2009 - NOA1 received

06/22/2009 - NOA2 sent

06/26/2009 - NOA2 received

10/09/2009 - Packet 3 forms sent to consulate

11/12/2009 - Unforgettable interview at US Embassy Manila *Approved*

a little almost there bebe...

Timeline

Oh my god. Agree with last poster. What a travesty. The woman is insane with petty power.

We had a woman in the IRS office that was a menace here for years. You would go in just to pay your quarterlies and she was a hysterical bug-eyed monster about everything. I mentioned in the other thread it is terrorizing to be under the thumb of someone likes this.

And if you don't jump on it immediately it becomes and entrenched bureaucratic thing. Immutable like the radio show host guy and his Filipina wife. Not sure how that turned out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.