immigrationinfo

Possible to apply for N-400 during of processing I-751?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone.

I have applied my I-751 to TSC. I have received so far NOA w/ 1 yr extention and bio taken. USCIS have update my case that tehy transfered my case to VSC. It was after my bio was taken which was Jun 3, 08. They haven't update my case since then. No like "touched".. In addition, I'm aware of trasfering from TSC to VSC sicne I have been reading some of forums from here. So it didn't surprise me at all when they transfered my case to VSC.

Anyway, my question is ...

1)Has anyone who has his/her case has been transfered from TSC to VSC received GC? I'm affriad that they are delaying those cases that trandered.

2)I am supposed to be eligible to apply for N-400 in 2 years 9 months after my conditional green card was approved. (I'm sure erveryone is aware of it)

If my I-751 is taking long time but is possible to apply my N-400 when the time comes?

I appreciate if I can get some answers from your guys.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

What I've seen people do is file their N-400 for US citizenship and attach a copy of the NOA1 they received for their I-751 so they can prove that they did file to remove conditions but that it hasn't been approved yet.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

yes immigrationinfo. im in the same boat as you. The only thing i ve never received NOA. but biometrics was taken on agust 16,2008

ill be eligible to apply citizenship after december 29, 2008.. and i will.. no matter if I751 is still pending.. i ll attach a copy of the biometrics notice for my I-751 to prove that i did file to remove conditions

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.