SterlingGirl

Vaccination crap.

8 posts in this topic

So, my fiance and his mother aren't on very good terms, and sparing a very long and ridiculous story, she was the type who moved around from council house to council house. As a result, my fiance's vaccination records from childhood don't seem to be comprehensive or, we fear, even complete. He called his regular doctor, who didn't even volunteer to consolidate all the records they DO have onto one form, but seemed to rattle of an incomplete list.

The paperwork he received from the Embassy is no help either - they've even got vaccinations listed that have no relevance to fiance visas, and some that aren't even available in the UK.

When it says the doctor at the medical exam "will work with" those who have incomplete or missing records, what does this mean? Does he have to have a physical statement from his other doctor or the NHS on what he's had? Will the immigration doctor simply look it up before administering any missing vaxes? How on earth does this whole thing work?

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

To be honest, I didn't have comprehensive vaccination records either. My records pre-date the computerised NHS system, and although I was with the same doctor/surgery since a young lad, they couldn't find vaccination stuff in my paper records, either.

To get around this, I just had them do the Tdap and MMR jabs prior to the medical, and provide me with a print out which I gave to the Knightsbridge doctor. That may not be possible now, as the medical is tomorrow I note. If all else fails, Knightsbridge will be able to give you the required ones, for a fee.

Sorry, really not sure what they mean by the last bit there.

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

So, d'you think, at this stage in the game, if he were just to get his Tdap and MMR, he should be good to go? I mean, at least here in the US, most vaxes are repeats and boosters, so it's not like they can make up for a whole childhood's worth of, say, polio vaccines in one day. At least, I wouldn't think so.

If it's just those two, then paying for those tomorrow shouldn't be an issue at all. We've just seen some incredibly expensive ones, aside from the fact that we're not sure what exactly Knightsbridge is going to ask for - do they need to see a signed letter from his GP, etc.

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Timeline

Well, all I took was a very plain (if detailed) single sheet print out which detailed what vaccinations I'd had (basically, MMR and Tdap, about a month prior). It wasn't signed by the doctor or anything, so perhaps it was a print out in a format he recognised as being official, or something?

How old is your other half? Off the top of my head, a male aged 18 to 64 or so, he needs varicella, MMR and Tdap. I went through that really long list crossing off all the unnecessary ones (the list comes in packet 3, as I recall). I got the NHS nurse to double check through it too, in case I made any silly mistakes. We don't get varicella here, but Knightsbridge were content to accept me telling them I'd already had chicken pox, according to mum.

I reckon he'll get the relevant ones tomorrow and that'll be that, like :)

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

3-3-11 - Approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

When I called for my Medical I was told to bring my 'Vaccination records' very vague, I am just taking a photocopy of my paper records (which dont have all of my shots on it) if it isnt on the vaccination records you have to have it again , I am going to get the nurse to sign, date and stamp it.

Since it is tomorrow, just explain what has happened and say you want them to do it, they will give you records that you have had the required shots to enter the USA.

Dont fret about polio though, here it is just a drop of liquid under the tongue.

Like Stu said don't worry, he should be fine as long as he has the main two (MMR & Tdap)! Goodluck :)

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

My fiance sorta got into some confusion over the Tdap and this is what I learned about it.

Tdap--in the US it is a newish shot for adolescents and adults. The capital T means it's heavy on the Tetnus and low dose(lower case) on the diptheria and acellur pertussis. That's because DTaP (note the capitals-big doses) was causing some problems for older people.

That drug isn't even available in the UK. But in the UK, what they call Tdap and is the standard baby/child shot also includes polio.

Confusing huh?

Most people take a shot record in to show proof so they will write it on the government form. If your fiance doesn't have a shot record, he can get shots at Knightsbridge or talk to them about having chicken pox, etc. He doesn't have to have the whole immunization list to enter the US. The Knightsbridge doctor will note what he has. He has to have everything to adjust status, so he can get anything missing in the US.

Lots of people like to get it all done before because often it's free at NHS and a copy of that completed shot page can be mailed in with AOS and no further medical exam is required. Do you recall reading posts about trying to get an approved immigration doctor to fill out the shot record I-693A in the US and people were complaining because they would only do that with the whole physical and several hundred dollars. Some found docs to do that form and some didn't. So you skip that hassel if you get the form I-693A completed in England. But your fiance will be fine without having everything.

This is from VJ guide to AOS

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case.
If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (
I-693A
), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

My fiance sorta got into some confusion over the Tdap and this is what I learned about it.

Tdap--in the US it is a newish shot for adolescents and adults. The capital T means it's heavy on the Tetnus and low dose(lower case) on the diptheria and acellur pertussis. That's because DTaP (note the capitals-big doses) was causing some problems for older people.

That drug isn't even available in the UK. But in the UK, what they call Tdap and is the standard baby/child shot also includes polio.

Confusing huh?

Most people take a shot record in to show proof so they will write it on the government form. If your fiance doesn't have a shot record, he can get shots at Knightsbridge or talk to them about having chicken pox, etc. He doesn't have to have the whole immunization list to enter the US. The Knightsbridge doctor will note what he has. He has to have everything to adjust status, so he can get anything missing in the US.

Lots of people like to get it all done before because often it's free at NHS and a copy of that completed shot page can be mailed in with AOS and no further medical exam is required. Do you recall reading posts about trying to get an approved immigration doctor to fill out the shot record I-693A in the US and people were complaining because they would only do that with the whole physical and several hundred dollars. Some found docs to do that form and some didn't. So you skip that hassel if you get the form I-693A completed in England. But your fiance will be fine without having everything.

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case.
If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (
I-693A
), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

The easiest thing to do is get them done for free through the NHS, my husband got his tdap and mmr and didn't have to get any other ones, and had them for free through the NHS

Timeline

I-693A

Unfortunately, this was made obsolete with changes made, I believe, in May this year. The guide hasn't been updated, although the pinned thread in the AOS forum has. Basically, there is no I-693A supplement. People submit a new I-693, filling out section 1 and letting the CS fill in the vaccination info in section 2 and their paw print in section 5.

I believe the old I-693 expires soon, so folk will want to be using the new one.

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

3-3-11 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.