10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wondering...has anyone asked a USCIS CSR the following question: If it only takes a I-751 4+ months to be approved at the CSC and 11+ months to be approved at the VSC, why aren't the cases being divided up more equitably? I know they moved a load of cases from the Texas Service Center to Vermont back in June, but now that seems to have created a crushing backlog in Vermont. It just seems that that eventuality could have easily been foreseen. Also, isn't it reasonable to assume that certain states will always have more immigrants than others?

Thankfully, I haven't had the need to call the USCIS for anything yet otherwise I would have posed this question to them myself.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.....

Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

Filed: Timeline

Actually, in terms of new immigrants, I'm fairly sure California would be up there at the top, if not the highest number.

I have a feeling that the backlog has to do with procedures/experience of the adjudicating officers rather than just workload.

My feeling is that USCIS should just make it easy on themselves, approve anyone with an iota of evidence (ie say even just joint tax returns) and scrutinise people who fall short of that/or who have had to do a waiver. The amount of fraud that would slip through would be minimal (in my opinion), compared to the workload they're creating for themselves.

Or 3-year conditional cards should be automatically issued so people can send in the I-751 3 years later, with or without the N-400. But that might make too much sense.

Edited by Mrs_S

Timeline for Naturalization:

Day 1: Application delivered to AZ

Timeline for Removing Conditions:

Green card received 117 days after application was delivered to USCIS

Timeline for AOS:

Green card received 120 days after application was delivered to USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wonder what VSC is doing? They're not approving K or IR-1/CR-1 visas. Seems like they're not approving lifting of conditions as well. None of the SCs have updated their processing times since July 15. Not that those times mean anything.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They're probably working on employment based applications while letting the family based ones fall by the wayside. After all, family applications aren't eligible to pay the $1000 extra for expedited processing.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I just looked up the processing times and noticed that Texas SC date for Removing Conditions is Jan 17th 2008. If all of the Texas files are transfered to VSC, how is it possible VSC to process with a date Sept 2007??? :blink:

Edited by Bunnny

I 751 VSC

Sent - 01/03/08

NOA - 01/15/08

Bio - 02/12/08

LUD - 02/13/08

APPROVED - 12/15/08

Filed: Timeline
I just looked up the processing times and noticed that Texas SC date for Removing Conditions is Jan 17th 2008. If all of the Texas files are transfered to VSC, how is it possible VSC to process with a date Sept 2007??? :blink:

Two possible reasons:

1. They made a boo-boo and indicated the CSC date whereas they should have indicated the VSC date

2. I'm most likely mistaken but I had heard they had kept some I751s at TSC, and the date may indicate the processing times on the ones they kept

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

1) VSC took on TSC cases in January 2008-- ones that were are dated early 2007 and sometimes earlier. Not all of them were transferred, it was a big mess-up. I think there are still very old cases sitting at TSC as we speak.

2) VSC was (and I think still is) in a major slowdown for all petitions except for H1-Bs and naturalizations. this has been going on for months. Why they are slow and not CSC I have yet to figure out.

I had to wait for 1 year, 1 month and 3 days (which included a transfer to VSC) for my 10 year card. Unfortunately this is becoming the norm right now. It's annoying (especially when you have to make the extra trip to get the stamp that extends the extension letter), but that's the situation right now.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Or 3-year conditional cards should be automatically issued so people can send in the I-751 3 years later, with or without the N-400. But that might make too much sense.

yeah but that would make too much sense..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

What a good idea someone mentioned here about the 3yr green card. Or better yet, do away with this I-751 conditional 2yr green card stage. What a waste of money and time, indeed! And frankly, I find it somewhat insulting for anyone to charge so much and to want so much legal paperwork proof that a couple is in a "legitimate marriage". After all, how much does money and legal paperwork really say about the true value of one's marriage?

Another solution would be to refund the money spent on the I-751 to those people who pursue the N-400 citizenship stage, as that seems like the right thing to do. What's the use in having and paying for a 10yr card when you're going to be using it for a year or less? Refund the difference, as that's fair, I think. And to those who don't want to pursue the citizenship stage, they can just keep the money for the I-751 and keep the 10yr green card. Wishful thinking of course, as the government is always looking for ways to find extra money...

As for the difference between the VSC and CSC times, it doesn't seem fair either. Why should one service centre be twice-thrice as much faster than the other, as everyone applying from both centres is paying the same amount? Hopefully, they'll get this situation sorted out soon, and both service centres will be equal in processing and approval times.

Until then, we can all wait, and wishfully dream of a timely and inexpensive and easy immigration process...

Ant (Stuck at the VSC, and still dreaming...)

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.