babybunny

CALLING ALL GOING THOUGH ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN- OFF TOPIC

1,982 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

the rewards are good if you can handle it.

like Discount and free flights for you, hubby, your kids and your parents.

example fly on PIA for $30.00.

discount at various stores, also on goods and services. discount on say your apartment rent.

I have plans for an exclusive trip to Egypt next summer. its all inclusive!

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol, yes people do treat those flight attendants in a bad way. I prefer to call them hawai masees, lol and begmaats. I cant translate that. It just sound so funny in urdu. Another thing that made me laugh was the flight attendant speaking urdu in a funny accent. I was sleeping on the plane and the male attendant woke me up and is like "Sire its dinner time. I am like man what the heck, finally get some sleep and you wake me up". I had the seat at the end by the cabin. The chai(tea) rocks from islamambad to karachi, but it stinks from chicago to manchester. Way too light. Well anyways, the flight is going to start going from

chicago->Manchester->Karachi->Lahore, on saturdays. They will go to karachi before going to lahore. So you land at 9:30pm and not 1:00am. But soon they will move on to non stop and completely cut manchester out.

I think they purchased the new planes, i dont know when they will go into service.

Also if you are looking to go through chicago, let me know i can post the agent who i used. It was funny. My flight was on saturday and i bought the tickets before i got my US passport,

the pakistan visa was stamped on friday and saturday i was on the plane

man when will the new processing dates will be posted.

Edited by hafiz30

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

New week so high hopes for everyone this week. Hope we all have positive feedback on our cases.

Hafiz30

It should not be too much longer on the updates on the cases. And sometimes a few cases move faster than the online stats. So good luck.

Shon wow that is alot of information on the flight attendants you posted. I do not think I could deal with the drunk and unruly public on long flights. I have seen airplane a few times and it is not my cup of tea so to speak.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline
New week so high hopes for everyone this week. Hope we all have positive feedback on our cases.

Hafiz30

It should not be too much longer on the updates on the cases. And sometimes a few cases move faster than the online stats. So good luck.

Shon wow that is alot of information on the flight attendants you posted. I do not think I could deal with the drunk and unruly public on long flights. I have seen airplane a few times and it is not my cup of tea so to speak.

Mary

actully that was information on becomming a GATE or TICKET agent. Or OPERATIONS Agent.

however, if you want to be an Operations Agent its MORE intense training. because,

you have to learn how to wave in a plane? Imagine a 777 coming towards you. :D

and the pilot is watching your hand movements. if you dont know what you are doing it can get very intimidating. but, its a cool experiance if your not skiddish. to be an Ops. agent you MUST know how to

drive the jet bridge. and not crash it into the plane. other wise you will be requested to take a

drug test, explain it to FAA and get Fired.

if you decide this is the job for you. then you can reap the rewards. The customers are not all bad!!! my best experiance was always working "vacation " flights. its a diffrent breed of people. business people

are normally stressed and they have a busy life style. when these same people are on vacation they are so happy and fun. I never worked a vacation flight and had a rude customer. infact vacation people handle a delay better.

we had this Las vegas flight that was on delay 4 hours. Cowboys going to a Rodeo. nothign like a plane full of cowboys. :luv: sexy!!!!.anyways. they were drunk and happy. I tell them come board the plane. - they wanna take pics of me. they wanna take pics of the bar " chilis".I had this one girl tell them in "TEXAN " to get on the plane " yall get on the plane" :lol:

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

GUESS what. its a new week!!! that means update on the ISL cheerleading List.

Please please please pray for ME. I wanna get the "CALL" from the embassy that this ####### is done.

also wishing "Mary"- good news this week. Congrats on your case at DOS. :dance:

Salams all,

hope everyone had a good weekend - I've been pretty busy with shopping and packing for my trip - one more week insha'Allah :D

Mary , your case is at DOS now??? That's great news!! Good luck in wrapping this up insha'Allah!!

Shiela, any word?

Hafiz30 - welcome and good luck.

wishing good news for all this week insha'Allah :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

GUESS what. its a new week!!! that means update on the ISL cheerleading List.

Please please please pray for ME. I wanna get the "CALL" from the embassy that this ####### is done.

also wishing "Mary"- good news this week. Congrats on your case at DOS. :dance:

Salams all,

hope everyone had a good weekend - I've been pretty busy with shopping and packing for my trip - one more week insha'Allah :D

Mary , your case is at DOS now??? That's great news!! Good luck in wrapping this up insha'Allah!!

Shiela, any word?

Hafiz30 - welcome and good luck.

wishing good news for all this week insha'Allah :thumbs:

YA OMID I CALLED THEM AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY REQUEST THAT HE COME IN AND THEY CAN EXPLAIN THE CASE TO HIM ,I ASKED WHY THEY COULDNT EXPLAIN IT TO ME AND HE SAID THAT STATE LAW MANDATES THEM TO TELL THE BENIFICIARY FIRST THEN THEY CAN TELL ME . WHICH DONT MAKE ANY SINCE TO ME LOL. THEY DIDN'T ASK FOR ANYTHING OR EVEN HIS PASSPORT , WHEN I ASKED IF THEY WANTED HIM TO BRING ANYTHING THEY SAID NO. STRANGE BUT HE IS GOING NEXT WEEK DUE TO HIS MOM BEING SICK RIGHT NOW AND HIM BEING THE ONLY ONE THERE TO CARE FOR HER.SO ALL I CAN DO IS WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY TELL HIM WHEN HE GOES NEXT WEEK. InshaALLAH WE GET GOOD NEWS :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salaam sisters and brothers

sounds like everything is moving along here, Inshallah

British airlines to London sucked (says manni) :lol:

the bread was hard and no water for 4 hours :hehe:

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Here is the update. Ishteaq called the embassy for an update on Friday and was informed the case was in DC. I will contact DOS for confirmation tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. When I called friday it was not showing any updates and I know if it was just cabled it takes a few days to go thru the que. Hope to share confirmation news with all later. Sure am praying that we are at DOS now.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Here is the update. Ishteaq called the embassy for an update on Friday and was informed the case was in DC. I will contact DOS for confirmation tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. When I called friday it was not showing any updates and I know if it was just cabled it takes a few days to go thru the que. Hope to share confirmation news with all later. Sure am praying that we are at DOS now.

Mary

Good luck Mary :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

the rewards are good if you can handle it.

like Discount and free flights for you, hubby, your kids and your parents.

example fly on PIA for $30.00.

discount at various stores, also on goods and services. discount on say your apartment rent.

I have plans for an exclusive trip to Egypt next summer. its all inclusive!

Discounted ticket for PIA for $30.00? I worked for an airline for over 3 years and according to the airlines agreement, the PIA's discount was 90% from the ceiling price (the highest price an airline would ever charge) and it was still about $600 for an standby flight with PIA after 90% off. Has it really dropped to $30 for PIA with employee discount?