yankee

Pinay nurse ridiculed, called mail-order bride

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most Americans would make a big scene in the store if an employee treated a customer like that. She should have raised her voice and asked the guy to repeat himself. Make sure it draws a small crowd. That may not be the Pinay way but it is the American way.

The alternative is to bring the spouse and have him deal with the loudmouth. He can ignore talking but he can't ignore a punch.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Most Americans would make a big scene in the store if an employee treated a customer like that. She should have raised her voice and asked the guy to repeat himself. Make sure it draws a small crowd. That may not be the Pinay way but it is the American way.

The alternative is to bring the spouse and have him deal with the loudmouth. He can ignore talking but he can't ignore a punch.

You think punching the guy would have been appropriate? :blink:

The couple did the right thing by notifying the supervisor. A lawsuit will put a much bigger sting on that guy's face than a punch and the husband doesn't have to get bailed out of jail for assaulting the guy. I don't think suing is always the best solution, but if the couple felt that the company was negligent or created an atmosphere at work that encouraged that kind of behavior from its employee, they should be sued.

Hang him by the balls............... :devil:

like a swinging pendulum?? :whistle:

:rofl:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

I'll probably loss my temper that time.. Oh gosh, I'm goin to sue him!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline
even though what they said is reprehensale and disgusting. It doesn't rise to the bar of a lawsuit or shouldn't. People are offended everyday does that mean everyone should be sued? that is crazy this is political correctness gone wild here..... I have been in this situation before do u see me running to a lawyer? We all have to face this in life... I'm tired of seeing people decry foul and run to a lawyer everytime their feelings are hurt.... I know my opinion is not popular but I don't care.... We as americans need to grow a thick skin grow up and push back no cry like a baby.......

I agree, She was not caused any physical harm or property loss. Suck it up and move on.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
even though what they said is reprehensale and disgusting. It doesn't rise to the bar of a lawsuit or shouldn't. People are offended everyday does that mean everyone should be sued? that is crazy this is political correctness gone wild here..... I have been in this situation before do u see me running to a lawyer? We all have to face this in life... I'm tired of seeing people decry foul and run to a lawyer everytime their feelings are hurt.... I know my opinion is not popular but I don't care.... We as americans need to grow a thick skin grow up and push back no cry like a baby.......

Choosing to be a doormat and just taking in whatever insults, hurts and humiliations are thrown your way is your choice but to chose to be able to live with respect and dignity is also a choice. If Ms. Richards will just let the harasser go unpunished he would think that it is ALWAYS ok to mock and humiliate other people from other race since they would only take all the beatings without complain.

You are right, we do face insults and derogatory comments in this life (no matter where we are) but if you won't learn to stand up for yourself it will only continue and will even get worst. You remind me of a classmate long time ago.. in grade school, he was always picked on but he just took it all without resistance until he was thrown to a pit and us girls had to take a stand for him. The boys said, it was ok with him coz he was not complaining anyway. The sad part is the boys even thought he liked being picked on or being the butt of joke because he never said anything against it.

I have been teaching my kids to chose their battle well, to just let go of minor disputes or little teasing but to stand up when they are kicked below the belt. I have been teaching them never to inflict harm on anyone but NEVER to receive it without complain. I have been teaching my kids to chose their battle well. Being insulted that way, and in public at that is just something that I would want my kids to stand up against and something that I would also not take sitting down.

If everybody will have your way of thinking, if everybody will think that it is ok just becoz it is the way of the world. If Rosa Parks and the Loving couple have your way of thinking and didn't stood up for themselves, do you think you will have america as it is right now? VJ won't probably even exist.

There may still be racial discrimination but compared to before the time of Rosa Parks I would believe, it has been lesser. Yes, there are still people who raise eyebrows to interracial couples but at least it is not illegal to be in an interracial relationship now and there are more and more people who accepts it, all thanks becoz one couple chose to fight and hold on to their love.

What happened to Ms. Richards was public humiliation and I am applauding her for fighting back in the right way. What she is doing is not only for herself but will also benefit not only asians but also people from other race.

I am not saying it is ok to be a doormat to be walked on and i'm not saying do nothing about it... One thing is make a complaint with corporate and vote not to send your money to that establishment.. She can tell her friends not to spend their money there...

But, I find it alarming these days that more and more people will sue or litigate every small issue that comes to them..... I don't beleive what this jerk says rises to this type of attention its ludicrous.... Next thing you know if I were to say something to somebody and they don't like what they hear i would be sued... That is what i am protesting... Rosa parks protested an exstablished racist society at the time.... Ms Richards is not.... That is not the case in this situation but an isolated case... I see this issue as a slippery slope Just cause u hear something you don't like or that is offensive does that give you the right to run to a lawyer or government agency as fast as you can? No.. I beleive this infringes on first amendment speech. More and more everyday our words or regulated and legislated... everyday our freedom of speech is restricted and constricted everyday we have to worry more and more what everybody else thinks. worry if they are OFFENDED... If there is real damage e.g. loss of job, major psychological trauma, threats or hate crimes, something which the damage is "MATERIAL" in nature yea that rises to the bar of litigation... I cannot see how what happened to Ms Richards rises to that level.... You have one side I am just trying to point out the other side..... I do fear that one day we can't say what we think cuz we are too afraid of everyone else might think.. WE HAVE THE FREEDOM TO SAY SMART THINGS OR STUPID THINGS what this guy deserves is a punch in the mouth....... :wacko: enough of my babling I am waiting for everyone else's dissenting opinion to mine :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

tsk! tsk! tsk! the guy is lucky that Mrs. Richards is too nice and she didnt kicked his butt off instead.. poor employee.. he just put himself in a situation he'll soon regret.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Timeline

i somehow agree.. but bringing this to court is better! the guy's @$$ is maybe burning right now! lol!..

lesson learned: dont say something discriminating to others

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline

I agree, She was not caused any physical harm or property loss. Suck it up and move on.

maybe u 2 got the same atiitude. sorry not all people are like you so let her fight for her right, not ur loss :whistle:

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

maybe u 2 got the same atiitude. sorry not all people are like you so let her fight for her right, not ur loss :whistle:

I agree, it's upon Ms. Richards discretion on what to do. She might be in a losing battle but so what?

Ms. Richards didn't "whine" into just a non-sense situation. She was degraded. I think nothing is more miserable than a person who just let things happen. I believe if the damage is done, the most important is what we did after the damage? Did we run? Did we just walk away? If I am Ms. Richards, it's either I made a scene like what aileenlovechild told. I will do anything to bring the message that discrimination is not "okay" and it something to be passive about. Whether I will win or loss the case, what important is the person who did this had been warned that he can't just do it just like that..unless he wants to be sued again!

This is just my opinion, I don't mean to contest anybody's say.Peace. :thumbs:

Edited by blairbitxh

I hope she sues and wins, setting a precedent for that store to make sure their employees are well versed in treating all customers with dignity and respect. F###ing idiots.

Yep, let's sue everyone! Typical American response. Public humiliation sucks, and is not right, but suing in my opinion is BS. If I had a lawsuit for every time a company's employee called me a midget, "short-stuff" etc. both out loud or under their breath, I'd be a rich man. We are becoming a country that has allowed political correctness to keep everyone on edge. You cannot litigate bad behavior out of people, just as you cannot legislate prejudicial tendencies out of people.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Choosing to be a doormat and just taking in whatever insults, hurts and humiliations are thrown your way is your choice but to chose to be able to live with respect and dignity is also a choice. If Ms. Richards will just let the harasser go unpunished he would think that it is ALWAYS ok to mock and humiliate other people from other race since they would only take all the beatings without complain.

You are right, we do face insults and derogatory comments in this life (no matter where we are) but if you won't learn to stand up for yourself it will only continue and will even get worst. You remind me of a classmate long time ago.. in grade school, he was always picked on but he just took it all without resistance until he was thrown to a pit and us girls had to take a stand for him. The boys said, it was ok with him coz he was not complaining anyway. The sad part is the boys even thought he liked being picked on or being the butt of joke because he never said anything against it.

I have been teaching my kids to chose their battle well, to just let go of minor disputes or little teasing but to stand up when they are kicked below the belt. I have been teaching them never to inflict harm on anyone but NEVER to receive it without complain. I have been teaching my kids to chose their battle well. Being insulted that way, and in public at that is just something that I would want my kids to stand up against and something that I would also not take sitting down.

If everybody will have your way of thinking, if everybody will think that it is ok just becoz it is the way of the world. If Rosa Parks and the Loving couple have your way of thinking and didn't stood up for themselves, do you think you will have america as it is right now? VJ won't probably even exist.

There may still be racial discrimination but compared to before the time of Rosa Parks I would believe, it has been lesser. Yes, there are still people who raise eyebrows to interracial couples but at least it is not illegal to be in an interracial relationship now and there are more and more people who accepts it, all thanks becoz one couple chose to fight and hold on to their love.

What happened to Ms. Richards was public humiliation and I am applauding her for fighting back in the right way. What she is doing is not only for herself but will also benefit not only asians but also people from other race.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

AOS Journey:

Filing Date: December 28, 2008

Sent: January 3, 2009

NOA: Febuary 6, 2009

Biometrics: Febuary 18, 2009 (but originally scheduled for Febuary 26, 2009)

AP Approved: April 16, 2009

EAD Approved: May 4, 2009

Welcome Notice: May 14, 2009

"God is really good ALL the time, We praise you Lord"

"When they bring you to trial and hand you over, do not worry before hand about what you are to say; but say whatever is given you at that time, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit." ( Mark 13:11)

"And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." ( Matthew 28:20)

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" ( Matthew 28:9-11)

Really!!! WOW.. What an A$$

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Filed: Timeline

no. i think a brutal beatdown would have been more appropriate.

7yqZWFL.jpg

no. i think a brutal beatdown would have been more appropriate.

I AGREE WITH SMOKE, A GOOD OLE COUNTRY AZZ WHOOPIN IS IN ORDER!!!! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.