Egyptian Pharaoh

i need help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

good morning

i want your help this is my story

i'm engaged to an american woman we met online .

when we first met she was married to an egyptian who is lives in egypt.she had so many problems with him case he was using her .anyway we fall in love after a few months of talking online. he even refuse to divorce her without paying him some money

she had bad luck with that guy.

she came to visit me in egypt when she wasn't divorced yet .then after 3 month he divorce her .

and then after 6 months she came to visit me again .

now my question to you do you think it maybe a probelm when we file for the visa?

do you think it will give us problem because we met the first time when she was still married and not divorce yet ? please help thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello! First welcome and good luck!

Well similarly like Neferti's case ... the divorce should be finalization with documentation BEFORE any forms are filed. Sure, they will look at the divorce dates (esp if she filed any INS forms for her ex) maybe take some time, including AP buuuut if every file is proper then I would except an approval. Keep collecting evidence, have her visit you and get the paperwork in order! Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you anticipate that it might cause you problems, address it as early as possible.

Start collecting evidence on work on your statements of how you met. And remember, don't ever try to cover it up or hope they won't make a big deal out of it - usually comes back to bite ya :blush: Just tell the truth and explain your side the best you can and with as much evidence as possible.

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Well similarly like Neferti's case ... the divorce should be finalization with documentation BEFORE any forms are filed. Sure, they will look at the divorce dates (esp if she filed any INS forms for her ex) maybe take some time, including AP buuuut if every file is proper then I would except an approval. Keep collecting evidence, have her visit you and get the paperwork in order! Good luck!

yeah she is divorce in 2006 and she have the divorce paper

we have alot of emails and cards and photos and she don't file for her ex

Filed: Timeline

yeah she is divorce in 2006 and she have the divorce paper

we have alot of emails and cards and photos and she don't file for her ex

Heavily document including his demands for money and any other nasty exchanges between them. Its not required you include the stuff but you could anyway in an explanation about marriage and divorce. Youll be ok. Just be honest

Timeline
If you anticipate that it might cause you problems, address it as early as possible.

Start collecting evidence on work on your statements of how you met. And remember, don't ever try to cover it up or hope they won't make a big deal out of it - usually comes back to bite ya :blush: Just tell the truth and explain your side the best you can and with as much evidence as possible.

do u think it will be problem on the interview

or do u think they will make me wait forever for the visa

Filed: Timeline

do u think it will be problem on the interview

or do u think they will make me wait forever for the visa

No> i really think if properly documented, you will be fine. If she can use a really good lawyer it will help. My lawyer has experience with multiple petitions ALEX HALOW but even if she cant afford one, she will be fine. She just needs to make sure all her paper work is in order. Dont worry too much about it. She just needs to get the petition in and have all the other papers in order.

I used an attorney and I have NEVER regretted it because I had alot of paperwork to navigate and a failed k1 due to bad advice that turned into a successful cr1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.