ChasingAmy

Dr. Howard Seiden Medical review

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's my review of the medical.

So I woke up extremely early and headed in for my medical making sure I have everything with me that I needed. I got there at 6:55 and was the first person there. I parked infront of the place on the street and paid the parking meter. No one else got there till 7pm and then they started coming in faster. Thankfully because I was first I didn't have to wait for the doctor and nurses to be done with other patients and I got helped right away by each of them. Thankfully the entire medical was done in that one building. Didn't have to worry about finding different parking elsewhere for other parts of the medical.

They took my passport, passport photos, money, and immunization records. I was told to sit in the waiting room which took about 5 minutes of waiting till the x-ray nurse came and got me. Snapped a few radiation pictures of me and then off to the room down the really narrow hallway for my physical. Gave them my medical history and they checked my height, weight, and blood pressure in that room. Then off to the next room down the hall for them to steal my blood. Almost painless...I didn't pass out this time thankfully. Then that's it...they handed me back my stuff and I headed out. I was out of there by about 8:50. So in total the whole event only took just under 2 hours. Felt like 30 min though.

I'd recommend if you can use this place instead of any others then do so. Seamless, flawless, and speedy. Wish the rest of the process would be like this.

• March 25, 2008 Sent off I-129f
  • March 27, 2008 I-129f arrived at Vermont Center
  • March 28, 2008 Received and date of NOA1
  • April 3, 2008 Received NOA1 in mail-9 days since mailed off I-129f
  • April 18, 2008 Touched!
  • June 26, 2008 NOA2!!!- (email) 93 days since mailed off I-129F
  • July 2, 2008 NOA2 in mail
  • July 9, 2008 NVC received packet
  • July 14, 2008 Montreal receives packet.
  • July 21, 2008 Roger received Packet 3
  • August 1, 2008 Roger mailed off Packet 3 to Montreal
  • August 6, 2008 Packet 3 received in the morning at Montreal Consulate
  • August 11, 2008 Medical in Toronto
  • September 18, 2008 Received Packet 4 Interview letter
  • October 14, 2008 K1 Visa Interview Date
  • November 18, 2008 Crossed Port Huron border YAY
  • December 27, 2009 Married!
  • February 3, 2009 Mailed off AOS
  • February 9, 2009 AOS Checked cashed!
  • March 4, 2009 Biometrics Completed!
  • March 30, 2009 AP Approved
  • April 2, 2009 EAD Approved and card printing ordered
  • Received Permanent Resident card but no passport stamp.

You have that right Amy. This was the best physical I have been through and quick too. I agree with you, why can't the rest of the process be completed in such a timely fashion.

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Most of them are painless, it is just a $$$$ grab!! glad it went well

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

"They took my passport, passport photos, money, and immunization records"

What immunizations do you have to have prior to this examination?

(female over 26).

thanks

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
"They took my passport, passport photos, money, and immunization records"

What immunizations do you have to have prior to this examination?

(female over 26).

thanks

You can find all the info you need on their website http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

• March 25, 2008 Sent off I-129f
  • March 27, 2008 I-129f arrived at Vermont Center
  • March 28, 2008 Received and date of NOA1
  • April 3, 2008 Received NOA1 in mail-9 days since mailed off I-129f
  • April 18, 2008 Touched!
  • June 26, 2008 NOA2!!!- (email) 93 days since mailed off I-129F
  • July 2, 2008 NOA2 in mail
  • July 9, 2008 NVC received packet
  • July 14, 2008 Montreal receives packet.
  • July 21, 2008 Roger received Packet 3
  • August 1, 2008 Roger mailed off Packet 3 to Montreal
  • August 6, 2008 Packet 3 received in the morning at Montreal Consulate
  • August 11, 2008 Medical in Toronto
  • September 18, 2008 Received Packet 4 Interview letter
  • October 14, 2008 K1 Visa Interview Date
  • November 18, 2008 Crossed Port Huron border YAY
  • December 27, 2009 Married!
  • February 3, 2009 Mailed off AOS
  • February 9, 2009 AOS Checked cashed!
  • March 4, 2009 Biometrics Completed!
  • March 30, 2009 AP Approved
  • April 2, 2009 EAD Approved and card printing ordered
  • Received Permanent Resident card but no passport stamp.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Here's my review of the medical.

So I woke up extremely early and headed in for my medical making sure I have everything with me that I needed. I got there at 6:55 and was the first person there. I parked infront of the place on the street and paid the parking meter. No one else got there till 7pm and then they started coming in faster. Thankfully because I was first I didn't have to wait for the doctor and nurses to be done with other patients and I got helped right away by each of them. Thankfully the entire medical was done in that one building. Didn't have to worry about finding different parking elsewhere for other parts of the medical.

They took my passport, passport photos, money, and immunization records. I was told to sit in the waiting room which took about 5 minutes of waiting till the x-ray nurse came and got me. Snapped a few radiation pictures of me and then off to the room down the really narrow hallway for my physical. Gave them my medical history and they checked my height, weight, and blood pressure in that room. Then off to the next room down the hall for them to steal my blood. Almost painless...I didn't pass out this time thankfully. Then that's it...they handed me back my stuff and I headed out. I was out of there by about 8:50. So in total the whole event only took just under 2 hours. Felt like 30 min though.

I'd recommend if you can use this place instead of any others then do so. Seamless, flawless, and speedy. Wish the rest of the process would be like this.

Hi Roger:

We saw you there. Remember the tall bald guy, the shorter Japanese girl and the tall teenager who came in after you, and sat across from you? That was us! Too bad we didn't get a chance to talk! Mary had an easy experience too. Maybe I can get her account and post it here as well. It didn't take long but we were bummed that the St. Lawrence market was closed cuase we really wanted some back bacon sandwiches for breakfast... ;)

2008-01-30 - I-129F Sent

2008-02-05 - I-129F NOA1

2008-06-06 - I-129F NOA2

2008-06-10 - NVC Recd

2008-07-02 - Packet 3 Recd

2008-07-23 - Packet 3 Sent

2008-08-11 - Medical

2008-09-18 - Packet 4 Recd

2008-10-14 - Interview - APPROVED!

2008-11-05 - US Entry - I fly to Toronto 11/5, we drive back to California and get here 11/9

2008-11-18 - Civil Ceremony San Francisco MARRIAGE CERT and CEREMONY BOOKED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the review ChasingAmy! I was going to write one for my husband's Medical at Dr. Howard Seiden's office, but essentially, he had the exact same experience as you did. I went with him and we got there about 6:50am and thought we were the first people there, but when they opened the dorrs there were already two people sitting in the waiting room. Not sure how that happened, but we too were out by 9am.

He had his shot records from our doctor - for he already had many of the immunizations needed for the interview. That made things go much faster. Another person on VJ did a review of the other doctor in ON and mentioned that they had to go to a 2nd place for the x-ray so, I made sure this doctor did everything in one place. Very smooth and very easy. Turns out one of the Doctors is a South African (as is my husband orginally) and so they chatted it up about that longer than the actual exam lasted. I also recommend this doctor's office for your medical.

Since we live almost an hour outside the city, we paid the extra $20 to have it sent by courrier and it came in just a few days.

P.S. I also agree that parking was easy and if you get there early street parking begins at 7am and we had our pick of parking spots and made it back before our 2 hour ticket was up.

6 days till our interview!!! I am getting nervous :whistle:

Got Married: 12-15-2006

TN Visa Renewal Denied: 05-30-2007

(At the Peace Bridge & Unable to Return to US)

I-130 Sent: 07-16-2007

I-130 NOA1: 07-31-2007

I-130 Approved: 10-03-2007

NVC Received: 10-05-2007

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 10-15-2007

Pay I-864 Bill: 10-29-2007

Receive I-864 Package: 11-12-2007

Return Completed I-864: 11-26-2007

Receive Instruction Package: 01-07-2008

Case Completed at NVC: 06-24-2008

(403 days from our I-130 filing date)

Consulate Received: 07-11-2008

Packet 4 Received (via email): 07-16-2008

Medical in Toronto: 07-30-2008

Montreal Interview Date : 08-22-2008

(79 days from case completion)

APPROVED for CR-1 8/22 - Yay!!!!

Visa arrives: 8/27/08

Moving date and US arrival: 8/27/08

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was looking at the web site for the medical exams. I see that there are differnet locations(Toronto, Montreal & Windsor).

When the time comes I'm planning on going to the one in Windsor.

I saw the fees....why is it almost $100 more in Windsor than Toronto????? That's BS. Isn't it the SAME exam?

Maybe they get less patients in Windsor than they do in Toronto, but still!

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.