marie007

Simple question?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dear Readers.

I forgot to ask. Do I need a special form for my police certificate ( police check). And where do I get this form? Is the form from NVC, or is it just a RCMP form which they would have. What do I bring to the local RCMP in New-Brunswick?( place in Canada for those who don't know) How much does it cost and how long does it take?

I would like to hear only good news concerning my question. No just joking. Anyone tell me like it is. It hasn't been easy so far, so it isn't going to be easy right to the end.

I wonder how many of us get into argument with spouse, because of high emotions? Did I say that. Lol.

Thanks to all with love.

Marie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It is requested from your local government office. Your local police division should have a specific office to go to make the request. Check with the US embassy. They can tell you where to make the request.

JBHypno

IR-1 / CR-1

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

Marriage : 2007-06-11

I-130 Received : 2008-02-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-21

I-130 Touched : 2008-02-29

I-130 Congressman agrees to file expedite request : 2008-08-04

I-130 Transfered to CSC : 2008-08-27

I-130 Touched : 2008-08-28

I-130 Touched : 2008-09-04 (File received and pending at 11:30 PM)

I-130 Touched : 2008-09-05

I-130 Touched : 2008-09-08

I-130 Touched : 2008-09-19

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-19

I-130 Touched : 2008-09-22 (I think they are partying too much)

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-26

NVC

2008-09-29 : Received case number from operator

2008-10-01 : DS-3032 and AOS bill mailed

2008-10-03 : Mailed DS-3032 Express Mail

2008-10-06 : Received DS-3032 and AOS bill

2008-10-06 : DS-3032 received at NVC

2008-10-07 : Paid AOS fee online

2008-10-09 : AOS bill shows paid online

2008-10-09 : Mailed I-864 package Express Mail

2008-10-09 : DS-3032 approved and IV bill available online

2008-10-10 : Paid IV fee online

2008-10-13 : IV bill shows paid online

2008-10-15 : DS-230 package mailed Express Mail

2008-10-23 : Case complete

CONSULATE

2008-10-27 : Visa package shipped DHL to Guangzhou

2008-10-30 : Visa package arrives at customs clearing center in Guangzhou (2-4 months for clearance)

2009-02-19 : Visa package released from customs and delivered (3 months & 20 days later)

2009-04-28 : Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Dear Readers.

I forgot to ask. Do I need a special form for my police certificate ( police check). And where do I get this form? Is the form from NVC, or is it just a RCMP form which they would have. What do I bring to the local RCMP in New-Brunswick?( place in Canada for those who don't know) How much does it cost and how long does it take?

I would like to hear only good news concerning my question. No just joking. Anyone tell me like it is. It hasn't been easy so far, so it isn't going to be easy right to the end.

I wonder how many of us get into argument with spouse, because of high emotions? Did I say that. Lol.

Thanks to all with love.

Marie

most of the time you need your NOA2. I would call your police station first and ask them what paper you will need. Some police only need the NVC case #.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Timeline

This is asked a lot in the Canadian forum.

There is no form to get - you just go to your local police station or RCMP and say that you need a Police Certificate for US Immigration purposes. The certificates they use vary across detachment and police service. You just need to ensure that it was a Canada wide search using either CPIC or the national criminal records repository using your name and DOB. Ensure that whatever they give you says on the form - the names they searched by, your DOB and that they checked CPIC and/or NCRR.

As for cost - this depends on where you live. I have read from $0-$60 depending on where the person lived. Seems like most people get it done cheaper from the RCMP (sometimes for free). I got mine done with the Edmonton Police Service for $30.

As for time - that depends on where you go as well. Some people get them the same day, others get them in 1-2 weeks. Usually not much longer than that.

I have not heard of anyone needing a NVC case number (they probably wouldn't even know what that is).

I have provided the MTL NVC instructions below:

POLICE CERTIFICATES. The certificate issued for your present place of residence must have been

issued within the 12 months preceding the date of your final visa appointment in Montreal. The following

information applies to specific jurisdictions:

Canada: Contact your local police service or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)

regarding criminal record check procedures. Certificates may issued by any Canadian police force

so long as they note that CPIC or the national criminal records repository was searched using your

name and date of birth. Please ensure that the search includes all names that you have previously

used, including maiden names or names prior to naturalization. (Note: Because records checks

based on name and date of birth only are sometimes less thorough that those based on fingerprints,

the Consulate reserves the right to request that certain applicants obtain fingerprint-based searches

from the RCMP.)

If you have a record of conviction in Canada, please contact the RCMP in order to have a full set

of fingerprints taken. See http://www.rcmp.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm#Obtain. (Note: If a

name- and date of birth-based search by a police agency reveals a conviction record, that agency

may be unwilling to issue a certificate without taking a full set of your fingerprints and sending

them to the RCMP for positive identification.)

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...3-ENGL-0711.pdf

Edited by cattattude

Timeline

WOW!!!! you are good!!!! Thank-you. Now that the way to answer a question.You have just un-stress me so much. Just for the record, I have never committed a crime. I am sure that we are all capable, tho. Thank-you so much. You are really great.

Marie :thumbs:

quote name='cattattude' date='Aug 10 2008, 06:03 PM' post='2100845']

This is asked a lot in the Canadian forum.

There is no form to get - you just go to your local police station or RCMP and say that you need a Police Certificate for US Immigration purposes. The certificates they use vary across detachment and police service. You just need to ensure that it was a Canada wide search using either CPIC or the national criminal records repository using your name and DOB. Ensure that whatever they give you says on the form - the names they searched by, your DOB and that they checked CPIC and/or NCRR.

As for cost - this depends on where you live. I have read from $0-$60 depending on where the person lived. Seems like most people get it done cheaper from the RCMP (sometimes for free). I got mine done with the Edmonton Police Service for $30.

As for time - that depends on where you go as well. Some people get them the same day, others get them in 1-2 weeks. Usually not much longer than that.

I have not heard of anyone needing a NVC case number (they probably wouldn't even know what that is).

I have provided the MTL NVC instructions below:

POLICE CERTIFICATES. The certificate issued for your present place of residence must have been

issued within the 12 months preceding the date of your final visa appointment in Montreal. The following

information applies to specific jurisdictions:

Canada: Contact your local police service or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)

regarding criminal record check procedures. Certificates may issued by any Canadian police force

so long as they note that CPIC or the national criminal records repository was searched using your

name and date of birth. Please ensure that the search includes all names that you have previously

used, including maiden names or names prior to naturalization. (Note: Because records checks

based on name and date of birth only are sometimes less thorough that those based on fingerprints,

the Consulate reserves the right to request that certain applicants obtain fingerprint-based searches

from the RCMP.)

If you have a record of conviction in Canada, please contact the RCMP in order to have a full set

of fingerprints taken. See http://www.rcmp.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm#Obtain. (Note: If a

name- and date of birth-based search by a police agency reveals a conviction record, that agency

may be unwilling to issue a certificate without taking a full set of your fingerprints and sending

them to the RCMP for positive identification.)

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...3-ENGL-0711.pdf

Timeline

Happy to help!

BTW - come and visit us in the Canadian forum so we can give you a proper welcome (I don't think I've seen your profile before). :P We have some pretty amazing contributors if you have questions through this process.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

:star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.