Amby

nancy grace makes woman kill herself?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Nancy Grace Says 'Guilt' Likely Made Mother Commit Suicide

Talk Show Host Unapologetic About Hard-Line Interview With Missing Boy's Mother

Sept. 15, 2006 —

Former prosecutor turned talk show host Nancy Grace is unapologetic about her aggressive approach to a mother who committed suicide after an interview about the woman's missing son.

Twenty-one year-old Melinda Duckett was the mother of 2-year-old Trenton Duckett, who has been missing since Aug. 27.

Grace interviewed Duckett over the phone on Sept. 7 as part of a taped segment for Grace's show. Before the interview was over, the talk show host was pounding her desk and demanding, "Where were you? Why aren't you telling us where you were that day?"

One day later, Duckett shot and killed herself just hours before the taped interview aired on CNN Headline News.

In an exclusive interview with "Good Morning America" today, Grace said that she takes no responsibility for Duckett's suicide.

"If anything, I would suggest that guilt made her commit suicide," Grace told ABC News' Chris Cuomo.

"To suggest that a 15 or 20 minute interview can cause someone to commit suicide is focusing on the wrong thing," she said.

Interview or Inquisition?

Melinda Duckett reported her son missing from their Leesburg, Fla., home on Aug. 27. She said he disappeared from his crib while she watched a movie on television with friends.

Investigators have stopped short of calling Duckett a suspect but have focused increasing attention on her movements just before the boy vanished. Police have seized notes, a computer, camera and other items from her home.

Duckett's family members disputed any suggestion that she hurt her son. They said that the strain of her son's disappearance pushed her to the brink, and the media sent her over the edge.

"Nancy Grace and the others, they just bashed her to the end," Duckett's grandfather Bill Eubank told the Associate Press Tuesday.

Some media analysts agree, saying Grace's interview went too far.

"How is that questioning doing anything but making a person in a desperate situation feeling even more desperate?" said Hub Brown, a professor at Syracuse University's Newhouse School of Communications.

Grace, however, insists her line of questioning was reasonable.

"Long story short, Trenton Duckett is still missing," she said on "Good Morning America." "And now police are agreeing with me."

Grace said that Duckett would not provide a timeline for her whereabouts in the 24 hours before her son's disappearance.

Duckett also appeared to stumble over Grace's questions about whether or not she took a polygraph test or where, exactly, she was shopping with the boy before his disappearance.

Unanswered Questions -- and a Mystery Remains

But now that Melinda Duckett is dead, none of those questions can be answered. Cuomo asked Grace if she felt her hard line stance has compromised the police investigation.

"No I don't," Grace said. "Any interview followed hours and hours of police interrogation of Melinda Duckett. Unfortunately, Melinda Duckett had attempted suicide in the past."

Grace added that in murder and missing persons cases, it's common sense to look at the last person seen with the victim.

"And she [Duckett] admitted to her own lawyer...she grabbed a shotgun, diaper bag and the baby hours before he went missing and went on an eight hour odyssey through a national forest for target practice," she said. "And that is actually where police are searching today with cadaver dogs."

Police concluded their search Thursday night in Ocala National Forest for 2-year-old Trenton. They say they have no physical evidence linking Melinda Duckett to the area of the forest canvassed by investigators. A search of construction site earlier this week also turned up nothing.

Trenton Duckett's family is holding a prayer vigil in Leesburg for the boy.

Grace said the focus should not be on the interview, but on finding Trenton Duckett. "While I sympathize with her family and know as a first-hand victim of crime myself, you look for somebody to blame, anybody," she said. "And today the family is blaming me. ... But I would suggest their efforts go towards finding this baby."

Copyright © 2008 ABC News Internet Ventures

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh what a crock of ####. No one can cause anyone to kill themselves by giving an interview.

As for the killer (mother) - if your kid is missing for no obvious reason, and you think that giving an interview isn't going to result in you being accused in one fashion or another, then you're a dumbass.

In this case, it sounds like the mother and her spawn are out of the gene pool. Just as well.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
Oh what a crock of ####. No one can cause anyone to kill themselves by giving an interview.

As for the killer (mother) - if your kid is missing for no obvious reason, and you think that giving an interview isn't going to result in you being accused in one fashion or another, then you're a dumbass.

In this case, it sounds like the mother and her spawn are out of the gene pool. Just as well.

While this is true, Nancy Grace is also scum. And I must rehash ye olde Nancy Grace Daily Show video:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...e-non-rape-case

:whistle:

Timeline

Maybe she is...I dunno. I never heard of her before (:

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
Watch the video!
Ok...I watched it. I want my 5 minutes back. I dunno what the big deal is - from that video, she seems like the average TV personality to me. Well, a bit fatter than average - but other than that, pretty average.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nancy Grace is a joke. She publicly judged those Duke lacrosse players, telling nationwide audience that they were guilty of rape. When the real facts came out, and it was apparent that they had been railroaded by an out of control attorney bent on furthering his personal goals by getting media limelight, she called in sick. Never an apology, or any hint of remorse.

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Timeline
I guess you don't find the humor in showing how much of an idiot news personalities like her are. :P
Oh, I found it plenty funny. I just didn't think it demonstrated she is "scum".

Never an apology, or any hint of remorse.
Why should she? She's an entertainer. I'd never expect an apology for providing services rendered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

While she is there to "entertain" she is under the impression that she is there to "inform" the masses with the "truth".

She is more annoying than anything. She reminds me of a strung out soccer mum on coke.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nancy Grace is just another talking head trying to make a buck.

The case was in 2006 and they never found her son? The mother probably killed her son because kids aren't usually abducted by total strangers. She killed herself and if she wasn't guilty, it made her look that way and the chances of her son being found alive went down the tubes as well.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Words can kill people.

If you are weak and/or not confident enough in self. Survival of the fittest, my dear.

Now let the bashing begin!! :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard