kaya541

Do Unemployment departments have access to passport info?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know if unemployment departments have access to passport information? I filed in Oregon after being laid off temporarily and they are denying me because they say I have been in Canada (which I have for a little while) even though I was claiming thru the online system for each week laid off. So would the Oregon Unemployment Dept have access to my passport info stating when I left the country and came back?

Maybe they checked the IP and found it to be Canadian?

Just a guess, but I would be more curious why a trip to Canada was so important to them, maybe you were visiting your sick mother...how do they know? How do they know you were laid off before your already planned and paid for trip and you decided that being laid off wasn't going to stop your planned fun?

This would bother me...

As for passport info, I do not know.

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I posted on the other forum as well... I believe someone (Cattitude, I think) found a link for you.

Good luck...

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

You might want to explain, if given the opportunity, that you're not claiming for the week or so you were in Canada. If you did claim you were looking each and every day, but were instead in Canada visiting, then you're probably going to be discontinued benefits, and hopefully won't be charged with fraud.

carlahmsb4.gif

Just a guess, but I would be more curious why a trip to Canada was so important to them, maybe you were visiting your sick mother...how do they know? How do they know you were laid off before your already planned and paid for trip and you decided that being laid off wasn't going to stop your planned fun?

This would bother me...

A trip to Canada may have been important to them if they found he/she was in Canada when they were answering that he was looking for work everyday, and getting paid benefits. I don't know...I think if you asked the residents/taxpayers of Oregon, they'd be pretty pi$$ed if they found out he was in Canada and still claiming benefits. That is not to say he couldn't have put down, that he was not claiming for the time he was in Canada.

carlahmsb4.gif

This would bother me...

A trip to Canada may have been important to them if they found he/she was in Canada when they were answering that he was looking for work everyday, and getting paid benefits. I don't know...I think if you asked the residents/taxpayers of Oregon, they'd be pretty pi$$ed if they found out he was in Canada and still claiming benefits. That is not to say he couldn't have put down, that he was not claiming for the time he was in Canada.
If he was searching for work from where he was in Canada (most state unemployment agencies require a certain number of weekly contacts--in IT field, this requirement can be achieved in between 30 seconds and 10 minutes worth of resume submissions), then Oregon doesn't really have valid case for denial.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.