NancyB

Please help me to understand e-mail from the Cairo Consulate

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All,

So it's been one year I filed K-1, I'm in a shitty mood, not enough sleep. I open the e-mail and it says this " Dear Madam:

Thank you for your e-mail message.

We have passed on your message to the consular officer in charge of the case. Please inform Mr. Ashraf to mail his passport to us by the DHL courier mail so we can issue his visa.

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

Okay, I know what it means; but how long does it take them to actually mail the visa? Please forgive me for not being excited. Over one year has put a drain on me. I can't get excited until I know he is on the plane here or the visa is in hand. I am excited though.

I pray for all who are still waiting for even this response. Mine you ladies and gents! I have waited for one year.

NancyB

Timeline
Hello All,

So it's been one year I filed K-1, I'm in a shitty mood, not enough sleep. I open the e-mail and it says this " Dear Madam:

We have passed on your message to the consular officer in charge of the case. Please inform Mr. Ashraf to mail his passport to us by the DHL courier mail so we can issue his visa.

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

Okay, I know what it means; but how long does it take them to actually mail the visa? Please forgive me for not being excited. Over one year has put a drain on me. I can't get excited until I know he is on the plane here or the visa is in hand. I am excited though.

I pray for all who are still waiting for even this response. Mind you ladies and gents! I have waited for one year.

NancyB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I believe in most (Egypt) cases, once the passport has been requested, the visa is issued w/in a couple of weeks. That is *not always* the case, but perhaps some of the Egypt filers can chime in soon. Good luck! :thumbs:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It could be days, weeks, a month or better. It's Cairo and anyone's guess. Best of wishes to you and hopefully it will only be a matter of days. The good news is they will be issuing the visa and your long wait will soon be over.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Hello All,

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

I pray for all who are still waiting for even this response. Mine you ladies and gents! I have waited for one year.

NancyB

Well, right after we received the same message (prompted by my email) they issued my husbands visa 3 weeks later. After this email, I did call NVC to find out the date the visa was issued then I emailed the embassy back to say, that NVC had told me they issued the visa on (date), what was the status? And I kept on with an email each week...LOL. Perhaps we are not a typical case but emailing back and forth can't hurt...especially armed with new information from NVC.

Good luck...you are almost there!! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband's interview was on July 16th and he left his passport there and to date..... No passport/visa. It's been a about 2 weeks now. So there is no telling when we it will be issued. My email from the consulate said...... The case is "about" to be issued and they will mail the passport and visa once the visa is issued. ????

Wishing you luck.

LOVE IS UNIVERSAL!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Once the passport is sent in keep up with NVC. They can tell you the status of it being issued. I can tell you that once ours was issued it was two weeks later that he received it. Good luck!

Timeline

I think ours was about two to three weeks. Geez it feels like it was sooo long ago! I hope you get yours soon so you can start your life again. I know how it sucks to be waiting for a year. You're almost there!! :thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

when was his interview? have you been in AP 1 year or filled a year ago? I believe it took about two/three weeks

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think the ladies here have given you a good timeframe to go by. We all understand the waiting part, it is hard. We waited 2 years from the time we started our process before my husband got his visa.

I think the ladies here have given you a good timeframe to go by. We all understand the waiting part, it is hard. We waited 2 years from the time we started our process before my husband got his visa.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
when was his interview? have you been in AP 1 year or filled a year ago? I believe it took about two/three weeks

Sorry! for the lack of participation on this board. I'm not a well person, I stay sickly a lot, damn chronic illnesses. Yuck!

I filed the last day before the fee increased last year. His interview was in April 08; and now I'm getting "his visa will be issued, and be sent by DHL e-mail replies.

I guess this means he will get it shortly, inshaAllah. I've waited all this long time, I'm not trying to stress myself out more worrying about waiting 2 to 3 weeks.

God Bless you all and for the many prayers that goes around the forum for each other.

I swear I look at the timeline and always say I will file it out. Anyone who suffers chronic asthma knows that it's just to tiresome to breathe, let alone type.

Thanks bunches ladies

NancyB

Timeline
Hello All,

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

NancyB

Well, right after we received the same message (prompted by my email) they issued my husbands visa 3 weeks later. After this email, I did call NVC to find out the date the visa was issued then I emailed the embassy back to say, that NVC had told me they issued the visa on (date), what was the status? And I kept on with an email each week...LOL. Perhaps we are not a typical case but emailing back and forth can't hurt...especially armed with new information from NVC.

Good luck...you are almost there!! :dance:

Cute babies! Masha'Allah!

• 2 years later...
Timeline

USA embassy in Cairo is just sucks they keep people on waiting and waiting to make them frustrating and when you email or call they just give you the same stupid standard answer

IT'S NOT FAIR TO LET ANOTHER PERSON CONTROL IN YOUR LIFE AND THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE FREEDOM AND THE HUMAN RIGHTS!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.