thkcmp

Flying within Morocco

22 posts in this topic

Hello all

1st good luck to all , i have been waiting for my visa a long time

but we made it am in USA now , hmmm 4months

for staying in hotel without a marriage certificate , here is the trick because they don't believe u r married , go to agency and book the hotel dirt cheap this way and they give you confirmation , then no worry they will not ask you about any thing just your IDs

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
In case you didn't know: most hotels will not let unmarried couples stay together in a hotel room in Morocco. I have heard that some of the nicer/more exclusive (like 5 star) hotels do not require it (we always tried to do things relatively inexpensively, so that wasn't an option for us).

A way around that is to rent an apartment (often cheaper, anyways).

Enjoy your trip--I bet October is a wonderful time to be there!

I do know that there are some hotels that will not allow unmarried couples stay together. This will be my 4th trip to Morocco. We've stayed in hotels in rabat, casa, tanger, marrakesh, and meknes all with no questions asked.

In case you didn't know: most hotels will not let unmarried couples stay together in a hotel room in Morocco. I have heard that some of the nicer/more exclusive (like 5 star) hotels do not require it (we always tried to do things relatively inexpensively, so that wasn't an option for us).

A way around that is to rent an apartment (often cheaper, anyways).

Enjoy your trip--I bet October is a wonderful time to be there!

I do know that there are some hotels that will not allow unmarried couples stay together. This will be my 4th trip to Morocco. We've stayed in hotels in rabat, casa, tanger, marrakesh, and meknes all with no questions asked.

Whether or not it is a problem often depends on who owns the hotel, where you stay and how you book the room.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband just had his first flight too..but not within Morocco.

He was going from Maroc to Tunis...i imagine he needed a passport at least

I was sad b/c I wanted his first time to be coming to America..oh well

How is Oujda Maggie??? My hubby has family there

Oh I am sure that if you try to stay in a hotel, they will give you hard time if you are not married and even if you are and dont have proof.

Edited by sandrila

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband just had his first flight too..but not within Morocco.

He was going from Maroc to Tunis...i imagine he needed a passport at least

I was sad b/c I wanted his first time to be coming to America..oh well

How is Oujda Maggie??? My hubby has family there

Oh I am sure that if you try to stay in a hotel, they will give you hard time if you are not married and even if you are and dont have proof.

I understand your feelings of wanting his first flight to be coming to America. Since I'm going to be flying with my fiance, I don't have a problem except that we won't be flying home to Alabama. But that will happen.......in time.

As I said before, this will be my 4th trip to Morocco. We've stayed in almost a dozen different hotels and have not been asked whether or not we are married. We've had no problems at all. I don't know for a fact, but my thinking is that if you stay in a 5 or 4 star hotel, there's not a problem. That's been our experience so far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.