Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My gf arrived at Newark airport last tuesday with no problems. Now we are starting to think what should we do next. I know that we can file for SSN after two weeks and we are also thinking about opening some bank accounts for her. Besides that what else can we file for before we get married. Is it possible for her to get a driving permit or a working permit before she gets married? Thanks for the help

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Driving permit is a state by state thing, depends on your state, they may accept SSN and Valid I-94 card. Some states will set the driving permit to expire when the I-94 does, other states like NY require I-94 that is valid for 1 year or more, K-1 does not have this, but a K-3 does.

Yes you could apply for EAD before marriage, HOWEVER what you will get is a 90 day EAD that expires 90 days after entry, (When the I-94 does) and costs $340, and usualy takes longer than 90 days to get. Essentially a rejected I-765 petition or a card that expires shortly after it is issued. K-1 Should apply for EAD at the same time as they file for AOS, this is part of AOS fee.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...