Marcel Elizabeth

Can my Fiance come to US while waiting for 129F?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Processing deadlines are slipping... what are the real rules? Can my Fiance come in on a regular visitors visa while we wait? I often hear no, then hear maybe...

Tired of waiting -

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Many people have travelled to the US while their petition was pending. You will find hundreds of threads here on VJ about it.

Your burden can be at the port of entry... chances are you will fly through but if asked, you need to show that you do not have intent to immigrate by showing ties to your home Country to prove you will be going back. Always tell the truth.

You should be fine as long as you are spending more time in your own Country than in this one for now. :)

timeline.jpg

I recall visiting the US myself whilst the petition was in process - I made sure I had a return ticket, a letter from my employer stating that I had a full time job and was expected to return on ( whatever date it was), I always travel light so my luggage consisted of one case, and my stay was only 2 weeks.

Good Luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This question has really affected our plans for filing. We were planning to file while he is here visiting in September. Then we found out that whether or not he can visit depends on the whim of the person processing him the day he tries to enter. I don't want to spend another Christmas alone crying, and not wanting to risk his Christmas visit, we have put off plans for filing until he arrives in December.

I have seen many people mention visitng while the Visa is processing, and my question is this : How common is it for people to be denied entry even if they bring proof of ties?

Spring 2006 ~ Met in World of Warcraft

5/07~ Fell in Love

5/29/07 ~ Officially a couple

9/15//07-09/22/07 ~ His first visit

12/29/07 - 1/12/08 ~ His second visit

4/25/08 - 5/5/08 ~ His third visit

5/4/08 ~ Engaged !

8/30/08 ~ 9/6/08 ~ His fourth visit

12/23/08 ~ 01/17/09 ~ His fifth visit

01/06/09 ~ K-1 finally filed!!!!

01/12/09 ~ NOA1

04/10/09 ~ 5 days in London, then 10 days with the in-laws to be in France!

04/25/09 ~ Back home...waiting...

05/28/09 ~ NOA2

08/04/09 ~ Medical

08/11/09 ~ Interview!! ~ APPROVED!!

08/23/09 ~ POE Phillie

10/10/09 ~ Wedding!

I'm not sure how common it is, though I've heard that as long as you have evidence of ties to your country and can prove your intentions to return, it will go fine.

I've travelled twice to the US to visit my fiancee and although we hadn't applied for the K1 at the time, they never even asked if I had applied for a visa. The first time, I was asked when we planned on getting married to which I replied not for another 2 years (which it was at the time) because I had to finish school. The second time, he just asked if my fiancee was a US citizen and I said yes; no problems whatsoever and I stayed for 6 weeks. However, I did bring along a return ticket and a copy of my registration status from my university showing that I was enrolled for another year.

As long as your fiancee has something in documentation form and is honest, Christmas should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.