andypandy

K1 Q18 Question Evidence of meeting

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

Me and my fiancee are preparing our k1 petition and had a question regarding question 18 on evidence of meeting etc..

Roughly how long does this need to be, should we describe details as to when i asked her to marry me etc? stuff along those lines...

Iv'e visited her twice in the u.s ...One thing is i dont have any boarding stubs or an intinenary from the flight for last year, there is however a stamp in my passport and i have bank statements showing purchases in her town etc, will this be fine?

Also have pictures from last year ...

From our recent visit I have, boarding passes, passport stamp, intinerary and bank statements, pictures...

I'm taking it that will be more than enough?

Also...in certain cases, do you put "None" in every single box pertaining to a single question, such as children, previous spouse etc?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I attached a timeline of sorts..similar to what you see below in our timeline. As short and precise as I could make it indicating all the time we've spent together. Evidence relating to each date followed. Included passport stamps, itinerary, credit card statements. You sound like you have some good evidence of having met.

There are instances in which 'none' is applicable and some in which 'n/a' is a better choice. The example forms (link above) will be of great help with that.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi all,

Me and my fiancee are preparing our k1 petition and had a question regarding question 18 on evidence of meeting etc..

Roughly how long does this need to be, should we describe details as to when i asked her to marry me etc? stuff along those lines...

Iv'e visited her twice in the u.s ...One thing is i dont have any boarding stubs or an intinenary from the flight for last year, there is however a stamp in my passport and i have bank statements showing purchases in her town etc, will this be fine?

Also have pictures from last year ...

From our recent visit I have, boarding passes, passport stamp, intinerary and bank statements, pictures...

I'm taking it that will be more than enough?

Also...in certain cases, do you put "None" in every single box pertaining to a single question, such as children, previous spouse etc?

Very little information is required for question 18. It only asks if your fiance(e) has met and seen you within the two year period previous to filing the petition and to describe the circumstance under which you met. All it put was . . .

Met in person from Sept.3, 2006 to Sept.10, 2006 after communicating for months over the internet.

The dates in this simple statement showed that we had met within the two year period and matched the dates on my passport stamps, flight itinerary, boarding passes, and hotel receipts. You only need to prove you have met once within the last two years so boarding passes, passport stamps, itinerary, receipts, etc. from your most recent visit will be enough. I only sent one picture. Pictures can be helpful but are only secondary evidence and more useful in establishing an ongoing relationship at the interview stage.

10-17-2006. I-129F filed.

10-19-2006. NOA1

01-25-2007. NOA2

02-12-2007. NVC notification saying petition is approved.

05-11-2007. Packet 3 received.

05-14-2007. Packet 3 forms sent.

06-16-2007. Packet 4 received.

07-03-2007. Medical examination.

07-10-2007. Interview. Passed!!!!

07-12-2007. Received visa.

07-18-2007. Applied for Marriage License.

08-04-2007. Fan arrives in the United States.

08-08-2007. Married.

08-24-2007. Applications for AOS, EAD, and Advance Parole.

08-30-2007. NOA for AOS.

09-07-2007. Applied for SSN.

09-18-2007. NOA for EAD and Advance Parole.

09-20-2007. Received SS card.

10-05-2007. Received appointment date for biometrics.

10-23-2007. Received Advance Parole.

11-02-2007. Biometrics.

11-06-2007. AOS transfered to CSC.

11-07-2007. EAD approved.

11-16-2007. EAD card received.

12-06-2007. AOS approved.

12-14-2007. Green Card Received in mail.

09-05-2009. I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence sent.

09-16-2009. NOA and biometrics appointment received.

10-13-2009. Biometrics.

10-26-2009. USCIS email. Approved. Card production ordered.

10-29-2009. Approval notice, dated 10-26, arrives in mail.

11-02-2009. Green Card arrives in mail.

Filed: Timeline

Ah, thanks...

Just I read on here some people got rfe's relating to more explination on how they met relating to Q 18 ?

So wasnt too sure on that.

Also dont want to risk getting an RFE at all ..So being overly cautious should help ;) lol

Also have another question regarding the G-325A...Now it asks about previous employment, i did some work for a company in the U.S from home for around 2 years ..should i put this in the "show last occupation abroard" box or not? (i was receiving checks from the company)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.