Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Name Change After Marriage

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am getting married in Las Vegas NV, and I was told by the Las Vegas County Clerk that the marriage license is signed with our given names. Now with that being done, what process or how hard is it to change her name to her married name when filling for Social Security Number? And/Or what steps do we need to take to have her name changed to her new married name? I am confused as you can tell...

07/09/07 - Sent I-129F packet to NSC

07/20/07 - NOA1 from CSC was received

07/20/07 - Touched

11/28/07 - NOA2 approved

12/18/07 - NVC forwarded forms

01/04/08 - 2nd Packet Mailed (to me not my fiancee ???)

05/13/08 - Interview - APPROVED (K1 - Visa)

07/24/08 - POE (Las Vegas)

07/27/08 - Getting Married

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not hard at all. I was married in Las Vegas and live here as well. Go to the Social Security office on Buffalo and Charleston. The office opens at 9 am. Take your marriage certificate, passport / or drivers id, and just fill out the form. I was in and out of there in 20 min. (I did line up before they opened)

Also ... if you line up before they open, go to the line on the left side of the door. The right side is for id fraud claims etc.

I took my receipt from the social security office and my marriage certificate and then went over to the DMV. Had my name changed at both places by 11:00 am!!!!

Hope that helps :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

haha! I just saw that you dont live here. Okay - you will have to request a copy of your marriage certificate. With that in hand take it to your local social security office and show id.

It's an easy process.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...