~Laura and Nick~

We made it home!!

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
WHAT? No sex report?????????? :angry:

Hmmmm..... :angry:

I was thinking the same thing?? Grand Theft Auto when he has his woman close by? :) Geepers.. :)

Ahhh... 'nways.. I'm so glad that you are together!! Great review, sounds like you had a really smooth move!! YIPEE!!!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much all!!! :)

It's such a wonderful feeling as some of you know :)

Hey Laura I'm waving at you, can you see me??

I waved at you the minute I got into NJ :luv:

Did you see me? :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

When are you re-opening your WoW accounts again ? :D

Well my darling, it should be soon now that we have this new beautiful computer!!! :)

I was thinking the same thing?? Grand Theft Auto when he has his woman close by? :) Geepers.. :)

Ahhh... 'nways.. I'm so glad that you are together!! Great review, sounds like you had a really smooth move!! YIPEE!!!!!

Hey hey hey now...there has been plenty and I mean PLENTY of sexual encounters....we had to take a break sometime ;)

Nick is off to work now....waking up with him is soooo great ;) tee hee! :star:

yay you're back. now i can get some relief organizing the k-1 forum :P

:P Charles!

The whole thing took 8 hours? It took me 8 hours just to get to the border. From there it was Bellingham WA to Houston TX driving by myself. 2.5 days worth of driving.

Now that you're in the US, take a moment to really soak everything in. All the waiting for NOA2's and filling out never ending paperwork. It's all put on hold for now....At least for a little while.

From the sounds of things your summer should be spectacular. Enjoy every minute of it.

Aww hon, I'm sorry your ride home took soooo long. I only lived just over an hour from the border and then it's about a 7 hour drive down to NJ.

Thank you for the well wishes!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

this is the first time i'm relying to a thread here. i read your post and it made me so look forward to having my fiance here. how did you guys decide to live in the states?

Welcome to VJ! :)

We decided because I only worked part time, didn't have my own car and lived with my parents. Nick wouldn't have been able to work for a considerable amount of time if he came to Canada (we could have lived apart during the process but who wants that?!?!) So..we looked at our options and realized it would be best if I moved here. We have many friends here, he has a great job and it just seemed like the logical thing to do.

I miss Canada every second....I'm trying not to think about it, I'm honestly just waiting for it to hit me that I won't be seeing my beautiful country for awhile. :(

*edited because I keep writing as if I still live in Canada instead of NJ!!! ;)*

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Glad to know you made it my girl!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

P.S. Len...My Nichlolas wanted me to let you know we did it at EVERY rest stop on the way home..and...and...we even did it at customs!! SO THERE! LOL

;) OMG Can you imagine??!?! :lol:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
It doesn't seem real yet, I keep thinking I'll be going home after my visit...I don't think it'####### me yet that I am home.

You summed it up perfectly! Joel said about the same thing when he came here over two years ago. Whenever I read homecoming stories like this one, it brings me back to the day Joel came up that escalator in the airport...home to me...knowing we'd never have to be apart any longer.

Welcome to the US Laura...I'm glad this part of the journey is over for you both. (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

P.S. Len...My Nichlolas wanted me to let you know we did it at EVERY rest stop on the way home..and...and...we even did it at customs!! SO THERE! LOL

you naughty :devil:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

8 hours---I'm sooooo envious!! We just spent 5 days crossing the prairie! We found out first hand why North Dakota is the least visited state in the US---just try finding a bathroom there when you desparately need one (this is true of Saskatchewan as well, by the way, which, along with the border crossing not having a public restroom, contributed mightily to my desparate need to find a restroom before Minot....).

Glad you are home safely, Laura. And--just as importantly--I am glad to hear how very sweet your soon-to-be husband is. Awww!

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

8 hours---I'm sooooo envious!! We just spent 5 days crossing the prairie! We found out first hand why North Dakota is the least visited state in the US---just try finding a bathroom there when you desparately need one (this is true of Saskatchewan as well, by the way, which, along with the border crossing not having a public restroom, contributed mightily to my desparate need to find a restroom before Minot....).

Glad you are home safely, Laura. And--just as importantly--I am glad to hear how very sweet your soon-to-be husband is. Awww!

What's wrong with using a bush? :blink::lol: No Saskatchewan bashing allowed. :bonk::lol:

Congratulations on your fiances successful crossing as well! (F)

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And South Dakota has to rank right up there with it :lol:

Well Laura, so glad to hear your trip and border crossing went so well! Kind of sounds like fun (which moving generally isn't)!

I think it's really sweet that Nick got you such a nice 'welcome home' gift (so you should be questing in no time!!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
this is the first time i'm relying to a thread here. i read your post and it made me so look forward to having my fiance here. how did you guys decide to live in the states?

Welcome to VJ! :)

We decided because I only worked part time, didn't have my own car and lived with my parents. Nick wouldn't have been able to work for a considerable amount of time if he came to Canada (we could have lived apart during the process but who wants that?!?!) So..we looked at our options and realized it would be best if I moved here. We have many friends here, he has a great job and it just seemed like the logical thing to do.

I miss Canada every second....I'm trying not to think about it, I'm honestly just waiting for it to hit me that I won't be seeing my beautiful country for awhile. :(

*edited because I keep writing as if I still live in Canada instead of NJ!!! ;)*

Well we should really have a east coast VJ meet up one of these days, I know there's quite a few of us here!

I know I have said it before but its soothing to know there are others close by. :)

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

P.S. Len...My Nichlolas NICHOLAS wanted me to let you know we did it at EVERY rest stop on the way home..and...and...we even did it at customs!! SO THERE! LOL

OH GOD. Now I will need therapy for years to come.... and avoid ALL rest stops between ON and NJ :blink:

Now, to rate the customs for difficulty and artistry, thing the judges need to know: was the customs dude THERE????????? :rofl:

p.s. learn to spell stinkers... you are marrying the guy ;)

luvyah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Laura:

I just wantd to say thanks for all your postings on VJ. While I have not replied before - your postings really helped me to not got completely crazy during this experience. Now to see you made it home (which funny enough I grew up in Bergen County NJ and love it there) makes me feel as if it is all really going to end some day soon for us as well. Hopefully, we will be driving to NJ after our Aug 22 interview. My parents still live there and they are taking care of our dog. Glad you got home safely and without a border incident! Enjoy NJ!

Moos

Got Married: 12-15-2006

TN Visa Renewal Denied: 05-30-2007

(At the Peace Bridge & Unable to Return to US)

I-130 Sent: 07-16-2007

I-130 NOA1: 07-31-2007

I-130 Approved: 10-03-2007

NVC Received: 10-05-2007

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 10-15-2007

Pay I-864 Bill: 10-29-2007

Receive I-864 Package: 11-12-2007

Return Completed I-864: 11-26-2007

Receive Instruction Package: 01-07-2008

Case Completed at NVC: 06-24-2008

(403 days from our I-130 filing date)

Consulate Received: 07-11-2008

Packet 4 Received (via email): 07-16-2008

Medical in Toronto: 07-30-2008

Montreal Interview Date : 08-22-2008

(79 days from case completion)

APPROVED for CR-1 8/22 - Yay!!!!

Visa arrives: 8/27/08

Moving date and US arrival: 8/27/08

OH GOD. Now I will need therapy for years to come.... and avoid ALL rest stops between ON and NJ :blink:

Now, to rate the customs for difficulty and artistry, thing the judges need to know: was the customs dude THERE????????? :rofl:

p.s. learn to spell stinkers... you are marrying the guy ;)

luvyah.

Oh SHUT it!!!

I had just opened up my new mac computer and I'm not use to the keyboard. :(

I know how to spell his name...Nicholas, Nick...my baby :(

Yes, the customs dude was there...he videotaped it I think :star:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.