NewGirl

New Girl marrried to a Puertorrican

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hi,

My name is Carmen. I'm married to a Puertorrican and we are in the process of getting my visa so I can go to the US. My preferred language is English since I have to dominated and my husband prohibit me from speaking tagalog, I hope you guys can respect his wishes.

I wish to know How long it takes to get the I-129F done and more than anything I would like to be in contact with other people that are married to Puertorrican guys.

thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Carmen

Your husband prohibits you from speaking your native language??? :blink:

hehehehhehee!!! It is nothing personal to my culture. It was that I spent too much time speaking it to a point where I couldn't understand English anymore. So, He is just pushing me to learn it. But, I do speak it out of this forum. Thanks to all concerns. Salamat po

Maybe it's just the way you worded you statement when you wrote "I have to dominated and my husband prohibit me from speaking tagalog" that got most of us wondering, why?

I am Puerto Rican myself and know that some Puerto Rican men can be dominating, but if he only wants for you to just continue with learning english then hopefully he is helping you to practice your english.

From time to time I continue to help my husband with english, but I will never prohibit him from speaking his native Turkish language.

Either way welcome to VJ and Good Luck on your process! :)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

My name is Carmen. I'm married to a Puertorrican and we are in the process of getting my visa so I can go to the US. My preferred language is English since I have to dominated and my husband prohibit me from speaking tagalog, I hope you guys can respect his wishes.

I wish to know How long it takes to get the I-129F done and more than anything I would like to be in contact with other people that are married to Puertorrican guys.

thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Carmen

hehehehhehee!!! It is nothing personal to my culture. It was that I spent too much time speaking it to a point where I couldn't understand English anymore. So, He is just pushing me to learn it. But, I do speak it out of this forum. Thanks to all concerns. Salamat po

Maybe it's just the way you worded you statement when you wrote "I have to dominated and my husband prohibit me from speaking tagalog" that got most of us wondering, why?

I am Puerto Rican myself and know that some Puerto Rican men can be dominating, but if he only wants for you to just continue with learning english then hopefully he is helping you to practice your english.

From time to time I continue to help my husband with english, but I will never prohibit him from speaking his native Turkish language.

Yes, I agreed with you. I didn't express myself the way I should. I made it sound like a punishment, instead of something that would benefit me in the long run. My apologies to all that felt in some way that I was being diminished by my husband in some way. To tell you the truth, He is the best thing that happened to me. Take care, Carmen

Hi,

thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Carmen

Yes, I agreed with you. I didn't express myself the way I should. I made it sound like a punishment, instead of something that would benefit me in the long run. My apologies to all that felt in some way that I was being diminished by my husband in some way. To tell you the truth, He is the best thing that happened to me. Take care, Carmen

We want to wish you a Happy Journey and warm welcome to VJ... If you have any questions, there are alot of people here to help you out! Good Luck!! :thumbs:

Hi,

thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Carmen

Welcome to VJ. I'm married to a Puerto Rican too that's why my id is Filiricans a combination of Filipina & Puerto ricans . My husband never prohibits me in speaking tagalog or my native dialect 'Visaya' he loves to hear & listen it that actually made him brought a Visayan/Tagalog to English dictionary because he wants to learn it though I understand & respect your wishes but don't let him dominates you I find it selfish & uncaring.

Anyways, as per Ms. Hannyperez said, you have to file first the I-130 after you receive the 1st Notice of Action (NOA1), u can file the I-129F (Fiancé) this is for K3-Non immigrant visa, whichever comes first to be approved K3 or I-130 CR1 that's the time to decide if you'll go for K3 Non-Immigrant Visa or CR1 Immigrant Visa. I will share some posts I have read before hope this will help you

"I-130 by itself will result in a CR-1 IMMIGRANT Green-card visa. To do K-3 you file I-130 first, then wait for USCIS receipt letter and then file I-129F along with copy of I-130 NOA1 letter to start K-3 visa process. 130 are for immigrant visa, 129F is for NON-Immigrant K-Visas. Note: for most countries, the I-130 CR-1 process is not taking much longer than K-3 visa. CR-1 has the advantage of a green-card upon entry, which allows WORK, getting SSN, and even applying for a Driver's license. K-3 cannot do these things until getting EAD or Green-card. EAD can take 90 days or more. So if the prospective immigrant wants to work, or drive, they will need to wait several months when entering on K-3, but CAN do these things immediately when entering on CR-1. Also K-3 has the added costs $1010."

Good luck Carmen. :thumbs:

Edited by Filiricans

Our CR1 & CR2 Visa Timeline

USCIS

12/04/2007 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

01/29/2008 : NOA1

05/07/2008 : NOA2 (Approved)

NVC

05/14/2008 : NVC assigned MNL Case No.

05/26/2008 : NVC Generates AOS & IV Bill

06/02/2008 : Online Payment AOS & IV Bill

06/04/2008 : Printed I-864; DS-230 & Barcoded coversheet

06/12/2008 : Sent I-864 & DS-230 Packets to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/13/2008 : NVC received the Packets

06/16/2008 : NVC entered the I-864 & DS-230 into the system

06/19/2008 : CR2 Case Completed while CR1 got RFE DS-230 #2 & #20

06/26/2008 : Sent the corrected RFE DS-230 to NVC via USPS (overnight)

06/27/2008 : NVC received the RFE DS-230 corrections

07/03/2008 : CASE COMPLETED!!!

USEM

08/13/2008 : Medical Exam PASSED!!! (Aug. 13, 14 & 15)

08/14/2008 : Received the hardcopy of the NVC Appointment Date

09/10/2008 : Interview PASSED! (Pink & White Slip due to DV)

09/26/2008 : Visa Received

10/12/2008 : Arrived to USA!!!

USA

10/12/2008 : POE Detroit

10/20/2008 : Received SSN

11/14/2008 : Received The Welcome Notice from Homeland (USCIS)

11/19/2008 : Received Green Card (11/30 got from old address mailbox)

ROC

09/03/2010 : Packet sent to USCIS

09/03/2010 : Received by USCIS

Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Carmen

Ah, ok. :) Please excuse the reactions here by some, because we interpreted as your husband not allowing you to speak your native tongue....hehehe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.