smiley84

Hand carry stuff

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I want to be comfortable in flying. How did you carry your documents? Your xray? I'm going to bring the documents I brought during my interview. Are they going to check it? or only the passport with visa and the x ray film? Need your advise guys. Thanks a lotl. God bless

Pauljoy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well what you need to hand carry for sure is brown envolope >>> all the doc. you brought to interview you wont need at poe. also x-ray my wife didnt need hers and alot of other post i have read no one need it either. the only extra doc. that we hand carried were marrage cert. and birth cert.

any thing else is just extra weigh to lugg around good luck

I placed my xray inside the small box where my wedding dress is and a meduim size handbag enough to secure the brown envelope. Because it is a long flight, bring a book to read and personal hygiene stuff like the smallest bottle of mouthwash you can buy ( they allow it for handcarry ) although some airlines have mouthwash inside the restroom. Secure your passport in one of the inside pockets of your bag and bring a ballpen or signing pen to fill up the I-94 and Custom Declaration papers.

I also brought a handkerchief which I used to dry my face after washing it before landing. One thing is, I made sure I smelled fresh and looked fresh when I met my fiance in the airport :)

My other documents, I placed them in my check-in luggages.

Have a safe trip.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just put your brown envelope inside your hand bag. No need to carry around your xray because they will not check it anyway. My POE was LA and they didn't asked for it (I put it inside my check-in luggage). Just get ready with your passport when you live Manila Airport and prepare to show your passport, Form I-94 and your brown envelope at your POE.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I want to be comfortable in flying. How did you carry your documents? Your xray? I'm going to bring the documents I brought during my interview. Are they going to check it? or only the passport with visa and the x ray film? Need your advise guys. Thanks a lotl. God bless

Pauljoy

They did not ask for my wife's Xray at POE. Just the brown envelope and passport.

Here's what I noticed at LAX POE. Everyone that was carrying their Xray was from Philippines. I knew because it says St Lukes. But none of the other people from other countries were carrying Xrays. I can only "assume" that the instruction from the US embassy in Manila to carry Xray is a bit outdated.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We carried on all his important documents. I didn't want them out of my sight. The x-ray, we threw in the checked lugguage. You really don't need it anymore, although he did take it to his first doctor's visit in the US for the heck of it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

UNAN!

para sa pagtulog sa plane..

matagal ang biyahe, sakit sa likod! :blush:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Just want to say have a safe trip :thumbs: . I would also suggest to bring extra copy of birth certificate coz you'll need that when you apply for AOS.

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.