Cdnwmn

Dealing with Nebraska

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wondered if anyone is currently dealing with Nebraska (or has in the past few months) on having your conditons removed. I see they accepted our package just over 2 weeks ago and was curious to see if anyone knew how long they were taking on issuing an approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd be curious as well because I will be submitting my removal application in a few months to Nebraska.

I remember seeing someone on here that was approved in 4 months, but I can't remember who.

Good luck.

P.S. Did you send letters from friends with your application? I don't want to, and I'm not sure if it's mandatory or just an example of some of the evidence you can send.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
I'd be curious as well because I will be submitting my removal application in a few months to Nebraska.

I remember seeing someone on here that was approved in 4 months, but I can't remember who.

Good luck.

P.S. Did you send letters from friends with your application? I don't want to, and I'm not sure if it's mandatory or just an example of some of the evidence you can send.

No I had never sent letters from friends with our application. Here is what we had sent copies of:

1. Front and back of permanent residency cards for my son and I

2. Both of our names (husband and I) showing on the title to one of our vehicles as well as the title to our house

3. My name showing as beneficiary on his pension

4. His name showing as beneficiary on my pension out of Canada

5. Dental statement with my name on it and him showing as policy holder; did the same for my son

6. Son's student ID card

I think that was about it.

Oops I forgot, also a copy of our joint income tax return for 2005.

Filed: Timeline

Good luck.

No I had never sent letters from friends with our application. Here is what we had sent copies of:

1. Front and back of permanent residency cards for my son and I

2. Both of our names (husband and I) showing on the title to one of our vehicles as well as the title to our house

3. My name showing as beneficiary on his pension

4. His name showing as beneficiary on my pension out of Canada

HI !

I would like to share some information with you and you can read more detailed infomation i have already wrote under the link the original Conditional card request.

Well we have filed and I-751 on January then recieved a Notice of Action of January 26,2006 receipt then in the beginning of the February ive received a yellow colour letter form them where they have asked me to attach the Conditional Card to the botom of the letter as we did that and mailed it to them.

Since that time i have not heard from them at all. Its amonth of May already. So i;m starting getting worried.

5. Dental statement with my name on it and him showing as policy holder; did the same for my son

6. Son's student ID card

I think that was about it.

Oops I forgot, also a copy of our joint income tax return for 2005.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just wondered if anyone is currently dealing with Nebraska (or has in the past few months) on having your conditons removed. I see they accepted our package just over 2 weeks ago and was curious to see if anyone knew how long they were taking on issuing an approval.

dude, *they* should be paying *you* for this one!

NSC has been up and down speedwise. There are a lot of I-751s posting at britishexpats lately; maybe you'll find more specific info in that more mature forum.

Ours took 9 months when we expected 18. Then again, I've seen 3 month approvals come out of there this year. Seems they go and make a run at a batch, and then go do something else.

It's really a "file it and forget it" form; nothing changes for you while you're waiting, and you are still eligible to apply for naturalization on schedule if you want to.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

NSC has been up and down speedwise. There are a lot of I-751s posting at britishexpats lately; maybe you'll find more specific info in that more mature forum.

Ours took 9 months when we expected 18. Then again, I've seen 3 month approvals come out of there this year. Seems they go and make a run at a batch, and then go do something else.

It's really a "file it and forget it" form; nothing changes for you while you're waiting, and you are still eligible to apply for naturalization on schedule if you want to.

LOL I agree they should be paying me for this one. Actually when I first dealt with Nebraska back in 2002, they were pretty good. It was our local office that screwed me over big time. To add insult to injury I then get issued a 2 year card after having been married for over two years when I finally got approval. I tried to fight them on that but lost. Fun and games!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

LOL I agree they should be paying me for this one. Actually when I first dealt with Nebraska back in 2002, they were pretty good. It was our local office that screwed me over big time. To add insult to injury I then get issued a 2 year card after having been married for over two years when I finally got approval. I tried to fight them on that but lost. Fun and games!

I remember what your local office did (from BE days)--that's why I voted for you getting paid. Trust me, if I were in charge, I'd pay you. :)

All good news!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Timeline

HI! I've filed mine I-751 in January to Nebraska and received the NOA for the January 26,2006 .

In the beginning of the February i received a yellow colour letter form them where they asked me to attach my Original Conditional Card to the bottom of the letter and mail it to them.

Since the middle of the February i haven;t heard from them and its almost June right now. :unsure:

Sincerely.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.