ramin

Guangzhou consulate

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

How do I find out If Guangzhou consulate recieved our package from NVC? I got the letter from NVC a few weeks ago that they forward our case to Guangzhou Consulate.

Thanks.

Call the DOS (Dept. of State) visa information line at 202.663.1225, then use menu selections 1-0-0. Ask them if the case file has arrived in GUZ yet. You'll need your GUZ number and beneficiary name when you call.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

How do I find out If Guangzhou consulate recieved our package from NVC? I got the letter from NVC a few weeks ago that they forward our case to Guangzhou Consulate.

Thanks.

Heel,

I will call them next week thank for your help.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Heel,

Hi, pls don't call GZ so early because it needs at least 2 months that docs will arrive at GZ. You can go to Citic Bank to buy the prepaid PIN card to call, sorry i forgot the number. but when you buy that card, there is a instruction and phone number there. You should provide the benificary's name, case number like GUZ.....,

Wish u luck!

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Heel,

Hi, pls don't call GZ so early because it needs at least 2 months that docs will arrive at GZ. You can go to Citic Bank to buy the prepaid PIN card to call, sorry i forgot the number. but when you buy that card, there is a instruction and phone number there. You should provide the benificary's name, case number like GUZ.....,

Wish u luck!

The number you think is for GUZ is actually a service they hire in Shanghai. Nobody at the Consulate answers the pay number and their computer is only updated once week. Calling DOS stateside is far better and their information is updated in real time.

Only call the Shanghai paid number to make appointments to submit overcome documents in case of an initial denial.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Hi,

I called the number which you posted, they said documents would be in China custom between 4-6 months. I did not know that I have to wait 6 more months after NVC.

Thanks for your help again.

Ramin.

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Hi,

I called the number which you posted, they said documents would be in China custom between 4-6 months. I did not know that I have to wait 6 more months after NVC.

Ramin.

There's no point in asking anybody official how long it will take. All they can do is quote stock answers to cover their butts. When you call DOS, ask specific questions about any update in the status. You want to know if the file has been logged in the system as received, not some useless question like, "How much longer....?"

It's a shame you didn't begin learning about the timeline long ago. It would have helped you set more reasonable expectations. Four to six months from NVC complete to immigrant visa interview is about right. Usually it's closer to the four months.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Hi,

Ramin.

Just like you our case was forwarded to GUZ by NVC a few weeks ago. Scanning through "timelines" of a few other people with cases in GUZ, I found a lot of them had <4 months of wait time. Is 4-6 months the worst case scenario?

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Hi,

Ramin.

Just like you our case was forwarded to GUZ by NVC a few weeks ago. Scanning through "timelines" of a few other people with cases in GUZ, I found a lot of them had <4 months of wait time. Is 4-6 months the worst case scenario?

It's a pretty standard range with K visas being on the short end and CR1/IR1 on the long end. The least predictable phase is NVC out to GUZ in. From GUZ in to P3, to interview is fairly predictable but the interview date is assigned on the P4 out date. On any given P4 out date, the interview could be on any business day of a given month. They might send out 200 P4's today and schedule those interviews throughout the month of September and tomorrow the same. That part is completely luck of the draw.

NVC out to GUZ in (P3 our and GUZ in are likely the same or next day) varies based on their workload, not shipping time. It varies from three weeks to three months.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.