suzukiwookie

Returning packet 3 forms????

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so I received the packet 3 forms. And in the packet 3 forms it says that I must return:

- Form DS-156

- Form DS-156K

- Form DS-230 Part I

Then in step 2 it tells me to obtain all the required documents (birth certs, Affidavits forms, Police records, pics, and medical) and only mark them off on the checklist and only send in the checklist. This tells me that I am not sending in those documents - only the checklist.

But my confusion comes here: On form DS-156K it states: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A FIANCEE NONIMMIGRANT VISA.

- Birth Cert

- Police Certs

- Evidence of engagement to your fiancee

- Evidence of financial support

So what do I do? Do I only send in the forms and the checklist, or do I also have to send in my birth cert, police certs, evidence and evidence of financial support??

Please help me out here. I know some of you have gone through this alreday, please let me know what I should do!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Ok, so I received the packet 3 forms. And in the packet 3 forms it says that I must return:

- Form DS-156

- Form DS-156K

- Form DS-230 Part I

Then in step 2 it tells me to obtain all the required documents (birth certs, Affidavits forms, Police records, pics, and medical) and only mark them off on the checklist and only send in the checklist. This tells me that I am not sending in those documents - only the checklist.

But my confusion comes here: On form DS-156K it states: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A FIANCEE NONIMMIGRANT VISA.

- Birth Cert

- Police Certs

So what do I do? Do I only send in the forms and the checklist, or do I also have to send in my birth cert, police certs, evidence and evidence of financial support??

Please help me out here. I know some of you have gone through this alreday, please let me know what I should do!

Make the copiesof your documents and send them in...

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

- Form DS-156

- Form DS-156K

- Form DS-230 Part I

- Birth Cert

- Police Certs

Make the copiesof your documents and send them in...

Thank you for posting this. This was a question I had too.

I am a little concerned because my fiance is still getting together his evidence of support information while I wait for package 3 to arrive. I was hoping I would only have to have that stuff in time for the interview. I don't think he can get the whole i134 together and to me in 3 weeks. I would welcome other peoples' experiences.

Helen

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.