Pandora01

Police report

7 posts in this topic

Our documents have left NVC today for the embassy in Montreal. With any luck, I'll be receiving my package from the embassy in two or three weeks.

I want to be ready for when it gets here but I don't know what kind of police report to ask for and where should I go for it. Local police? Provincial police? RCMP? I don't have a criminal record.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Just go to your local police station and ask for a name check and specify that it needs to be Canada wide.

You should get it in a few business days. They only charged me $25.00 for mine.

Best of luck!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got mine from my local police service, Edmonton Police Service. Cost $30

Instructions are below, summed up by Laura above.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/pk3_supplement...3-ENGL-0711.pdf

POLICE CERTIFICATES. The certificate issued for your present place of residence must have been

issued within the 12 months preceding the date of your final visa appointment in Montreal. The following

information applies to specific jurisdictions:

Canada: Contact your local police service or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)

regarding criminal record check procedures. Certificates may issued by any Canadian police force

so long as they note that CPIC or the national criminal records repository was searched using your

name and date of birth. Please ensure that the search includes all names that you have previously

used, including maiden names or names prior to naturalization. (Note: Because records checks

based on name and date of birth only are sometimes less thorough that those based on fingerprints,

the Consulate reserves the right to request that certain applicants obtain fingerprint-based searches

from the RCMP.)

If you have a record of conviction in Canada, please contact the RCMP in order to have a full set

of fingerprints taken. See http://www.rcmp.ca/crimrec/finger2_e.htm#Obtain. (Note: If a

name- and date of birth-based search by a police agency reveals a conviction record, that agency

may be unwilling to issue a certificate without taking a full set of your fingerprints and sending

them to the RCMP for positive identification.)

Thanks Laura, Marylin and cattatude! Will be taking care of it today. :)

I'm also going to start the search for a translator. The province won't issue a birth certificate in English because it was done in French when I was born :angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks Laura, Marylin and cattatude! Will be taking care of it today. :)

I'm also going to start the search for a translator. The province won't issue a birth certificate in English because it was done in French when I was born :angry:

This may not apply to you, but if you have used another surname, if you were married before for instance and used your a married surname, ensure you note this on the form the police have you fill out - so they can check that as well - good luck :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.